Why does my best friend hate me?

Hannah Caradonna, MSW, RCSW (RCC #11330)

Social Worker

I offer a warm and non-judgmental space for you to work through your problems. I can help you with anxiety, disordered eating, depression, relationship problems and more.

AthenaPanda
Your best friend may hate you because of something you did. Or because of something you said. Try asking them about it.
purpleRaven76
How do you know they actually hate you? And you say "best friend" ... did they say they felt you were their best friend? It might be a one-sided relationship. It's normal to pin our hopes on just one person, but just like us, they're only human. Do what you can to make amends and propose a truce. If that doesn't work, you'll know you did what you could. Other people's opinion of you is completely out of your control. Letting go, detaching, is scary at first. As time goes on, it can feel very freeing. Perhaps when you detach from this friend with kindness, you may find they didn't hate you after all. Or you might find you're lucky to go on without them. Best of luck to you!