Why does my girlfriend hate me all of a sudden?

Jui Shankar, Ph.D

My worldview offers a systems perspective that values diverse clients and their struggles. I believe supportive and nonjudgmental therapeutic relationships empower clients.

Anonymous
Well if you want it from a random someone's girlfriends point of view then the following reasons are possible. 1. You are talking to a girl she doesn't like. 2. You did something wrong. 3 . You changed . 4. You forgot a special occasion that is dear to her . 5. You did something that she hates with all her heart but never told you so you aren't at fault but you have to suffer the consequence . 6. She has some problem with one of your family members. 7. She think you are cheating on her even though you aren't . 8. Or she just found someone else . And if you can't relate to any of these then yours is a special situation and I wish you best of luck .
Kristinakogaa
February 21st, 2020 9:21pm
From my personal experience, it could be that your girlfriend is pushing you away because she’s hurting or is feeling insecure. I had the same issue of never feeling like I was enough for my significant other so pushing him away was a way to counteract being hurt. Let her know how much she means to you and bring up the conversation. Say what you feel that will be best for the situation. There’s always a possibility she was informed bad news and is taking it out on you. Whatever is happening in her life whether she decides to confide to you, be there for her!
Junemoone
I don't believe things occur all of a sudden, there are things that would have been happening around you and her that might not have been noticed, but when it toll on her she would have started disliking you. Did you notice and evaluate your responsibility and your contribution to the relation, if not take some time out to do that, you will surely get the answer to it. Or maybe something in her own life would be going on which triggered everything in her life and that's why she has been reacting in this way. Try and talk to her, things will get better.
Anonymous
'Hate' is a powerful word. For her to hate you, you must have done or said something to make her angry.
CompassionateGirl90
Hate is a strong emotion that does not occur overnight. It could be that she's angry and has been keeping some things to herself for a long time. Encouraging her to communicate with you directly, without being pushy about it, may yield some positive results. I think she would want to feel secure in knowing that you can handle whatever has been on her mind. And remember, what is bothering her may not have anything to do with you at all. People have bad days and sometimes take that out on the ones they love, because they feel safest with those people.
GreatMoss
You can theorise and retrospect for reasons, but I would recommend communication as any relationship should have - inquire why? You should introspect, too, on causes from you and contemplate any answers received.
Anonymous
Maybe your girlfriend is having a hard time with somethings right now. I think trying to talk about how she feels would be a good first step.
Anonymous
Try to think of anything you might have said that made her really mad. Try to speak calmly and honestly with her about the situation. If you cannot think of anything that you possibly had done, ask her, so you two can work it out
understandingOrange
Think about any recent conversations you two have had. Did you say something then? She was probably dropping hints to something you may have said and you might not have caught it.
Anonymous
either you have not been giving her the attention she needs or she just don't like the way you treat her in front her friends or family, this is the issue you need to ask her to solve with you. because no girls like their boyfriend not doing anything about it. even she says she needs space.
Anonymous
Ask your sleeves that question have you done something wrong in the past few days something that made her feel insecure or angry
Anonymous
I believe most arguements between couples are because of miscommunication. You have to ask her why she hates you .
Avene
She might not hate you; there might be other things going on in her life that stresses her out. Or you might inadvertently have done something that has hurt her. Ask her, and don't go on the defensive immediately. A good discussion can solve a lot!
Anonymous
Try to talk to her about it and tell her how you feel and try to understand it my not be you but something could have happened in her life
ThanksForGivingChance
She hates you suddenly because maybe you did something you ought not to do. You hid something from her? Or she thinks that you are cheating on her. Or maybe you hurt her badly and didn't apologise for it
hereforyou1980
Think about how you have treated her the last few months, have you done something to hurt her intentionally or unintentionally? either way just apologise even if you feel you haven't done anything wrong.
Anonymous
Give her some space but have a conversation with her. Ask her what is going on and why she feels the way she feels. Maybe something else in her life is causing her stress and she is taking it out on you by accident
neverendingStar20
June 22nd, 2016 1:29am
Your girlfriend may be going through something that has do with herself personally. The anger or hatred she is showing may be just her wanting that love and attention she needs from you but can't ask.
Erase
June 22nd, 2016 9:27am
Your girlfriend has many feeling just like you. You need to give her space for a bit so she can figure it out herself. Then ask her what made her feel that way. She might not be trying to make you feel that she hates you but, she maybe you taking it out on you. So let her cool down.
yourwarmestcup
hate is a really strong word. have you ask or confront her about it yet? cause in my opinion, there must be a reason behind it. i think you have to come up and talk to her face to face and ask what happened. give her time and space if she's not ready to speak up yet. i hope this helps!
Anonymous
You can't just find the answer from the others. Try to talk with her. Talking help us understand the other.. and you will find out
AutumnLeigh
The only way to answer that question is communication with your girlfriend. Try to not come on strongly but act in a caring manner and ask her why she is feeling negatively towards you. If she will not say or does not answer your calls, it is best to leave her alone and seek support from friends and family. Don't forget that 7Cups has Listeners and Chat rooms to vent in and 'Understanding Breakups' resources in our Self-Help area.
BaseballGuy
You should give her space and let her calm down if she hates you. Wait till she wants to talk. If you rush her into talking about why she feels that way it will be worse.
maskedanonymous
Maybe because she's on her period, maybe pregnant, could be because you did something which you didn't expect she'd be aware of, or you did something but you don't know you did it. It could also be because she's just having a bad day? But you know how you could answer your question? Talk to her, ask her yourself. :)
sweetredamancy
Think about what you might have done wrong or displeased her in a way. Try to talk about it with her
Anonymous
bacause i did a big mistake that wont bring us back and no need explanation. or no more love betweer the girl or the boy.
ThaliaRaven
Neither me or you can know for sure what is going on in her head. You two should talk about this problem, because it includes just you and her. I can't tell you the right answer and if I tried I may say something wrong and make your relationship with her worse and I don't want that.
Anonymous
I don't think she hates you. If anything she's probably just mad at you. Girls have an odd way off communicating. But if she seems like she hates you. just talk to her. Communication is key.
Magicalstar369
maybe you have done something wrong.,..,if you do not know why..ask her the reason to solve this out
mkehelper
Direct communication may be the best route in this situation. Sit down with her and ask her what she's feeling.