Why does this have to happen to me?

South Africa

Claudette Pretorius, MA Counselling Psychology

I know how overwhelming it can feel when you're having a tough time. I offer clients a space that is non-judgemental and empathetic whilst navigating these times together.

Anggi
I know something has happened to you and it's really unfair, but sometimes that just how the world works whether we like it or not. However, this doesn't mean that there is nothing you could do about it, even though you might feel that way at the moment. There is always something that can help you make it better, even if it just makes it a tiny bit better :)
KendallNichole
I can't really tell you why unfortunately. Things happen to us for many reasons. Some of the things may hurt.. a lot, but everything does happen for a reason. The second that you open up and accept that is the second you'll be able to truly live your life in a somewhat peaceful way :) best of luck with everything
lovelyLynx18
Break ups happen to everyone at one point in their life. Just look around you. Every couple has their ups and downs. But at one point you will get over it. You will move on and it will get better. Even I have thought "why did this happen to me?" but I will tell you from experience that it does get better.
niceMermaid44
It's happen to everyone. You are not the only one. Soo.. don't feel sad or anything else.
Anonymous
Things happen positively or negatively in everyone's life as a personal experience and a lesson. Some things aren't always deserved as suffering from Loss, but if I will take over these experiences I'd call them as "Reminders". Yes, it is painful to struggle on negative impacts of these things yet it's amazing to feel better on the positive impacts. The point is,"Some things happen for a reason". As Oogway the Master Turtle/Tortoise quotes, "There are no accidents". I've been through a lot as well positively and negatively but it didn't stop me from moving on and making sure I leave a positive impact towards others in this world I live in. Be strong out there!
NickJFan2
It does not just happen to you, it happens to everybody, we all go through dark times and phases, it might be hard, it might take time, but one day you'll get through it.
pepper29
Everything happens for a reason. your only human to feel that way. always remember tomorrows a new day and whatever happen to you will be the past and all you can do is stay positive and move forward. time heals everything.
Anonymous
God has his very own plan for us and we must learn how to trust Him because sometimes His plans are better than our dreams
hereiskaitlyn
Life is never easy; it always has its ups and downs. You are not alone, do not even think of that for a second. There will always be someone to help you to talk about what is going on in your life. Life is not easy, but if you have the right resources, it does not have to be difficult. All the best!
Anonymous
Sometime we must stop asking "Why me ?" ... Sometime we must ask "Why not me? " ....sometimes we must try to say that "I can deal with all the problems life can throw at me and at the end no matter what I WILL stand victorious"
Life705
Just because bad things keep happening to you, doesn't mean that you deserve it, or that you did something wrong. Sometimes bad things keep happening to us through no apparent fault of our own. We should never take it personally and interpret it as if was our fault.
Anonymous
Life is occasionally cruel but I've lived believing that a pain today could be a bigger happiness tomorrow and not once have I found that to be wrong. You're the same, the pain you are facing now is nothing compared to the happiness you will feel later. You're amazing and you can get through it. When you do, you can enter Utopia but for now you need to pass through this Hell to get there.
Anonymous
We all ask ourselves, why dos this happen to me? We all want to know why but we never get that answer do we?
Anonymous
Aw, honey, sometimes bad things happen to good people. You don't deserve it, but hey, look at the bright side, at the end of the day you'll come back stronger than you've been before. You are not alone.
Anonymous
That's the question everyone wants the answer to. To be honest who knows why it happens to you or to anyone. But keep going and someday you'll find the answer
NDS369
Maybe because you are better than the other person who feels either insecure or inferior. Or maybe (ask yourself) "Hope I wasn't too possessive and demanding?"
butterflykisses27
I am not sure what happens to you? You might have to be more specific so I can understand be able to help you.
Stormearth
Things sometimes happen for a reason but sometimes it doesn't. Never blame yourself for bad luck and never let your self down because of one problem
CharlotteBanana97
Why does anything happen to anyone? It is all part of how we live and how we have to grow and learn to become a stronger person.
LOV1NGCH1CK
Things happen to everyone. U cant change it but u can learn to either avoid or to go for it its up to you
paul1982
A common response when something sad, bad or tragic happens is to say in the heat of the moment "why does this always happen to me" because at this time emotions are raw and irrational. However, if you are able to think about it you often realise that these things have happened to lots of people and that you are not being singled out.
Anonymous
Sometimes it feels like we are dealt the worst hands in life. "It isn't fair! I'm a good person! Why does this have to happen to me?!" These experiences often make us feel weak and sometimes we lose faith. Don't view the adversities of life as 'Bad Things', view them as challenges. You remember when you were in school? You had that one teacher who gave you a tough assignment and you thought, "There is no way I can do this!" Well you did it and it made you a stronger student. The challenges we get in life make us stronger people.
Anonymous
I think this all the time because when life goes wrong I wonder why does this happen to me and if you expericne this you can get over the barrier too!
kittykat
That's a fairly broad question and it's hard to answer without knowing what "this" is. Sometimes terrible things happen to even the best of people, despite whatever precautions they may have taken. It's an inevitable part of life, and it's best to try to work through it. 7 Cups has great support groups for all kinds of challenges you may be facing, and great guides for managing grief, depression, anxiety, illness, and general emotions.
Marvelous
Things happen to everyone all over the world. No matter what you are going through, there is always someone who has it worse, and there is always someone who has it better. Don't ask why it has to happen, instead ask how you can get out of whatever is happening to you.
Anonymous
It can happen to anyone. Your neighbor, teacher, friend, mom.. anyone. Childhood can cause mental illness, for example.
Iauren
Everything happens for a reason. We learn from mistakes. We grow from hardships. Everything that happens, happens to make you a better you
Anonymous
Sometimes life is so unfair, and the answers aren't always clear as to why we go through hard times. But know that through hardships we find strength and wisdom.
Anonymous
Sometimes it may seem that all things around you is bad and all things around others is good. But don't be fooled. Everyone goes through some sort of bad in their lifes. Maybe one part or a few parts of their lives is good, but there will be parts that they are struggling with as well.
lindaeu
You should tell me more about what you are talking about, I can't help you without knowing your situation.