Will I ever feel like I'll be able to love someone again?

Lauren Gerardi, PhD

I am a licensed clinical psychologist who works with individuals of all ages, including children, teens, and adults.

Anonymous
Of course you will. All of us go through similar situations. We'll learn to move on, we'll learn to find someone whom we deserve, just don't hurry or search for love, you'll find it when you have to.
DipityEnigma
Yes! You may feel demotivated at present but there will always be someone out there for you and while you may feel like you have love no longer in your heart, it's simply so deep down that even you can't feel it. All it will take is that someone special to open your heart enough to feel that love again.
Cole6
Sounds like you feel a bit heartbroken, I could recommend a link to the breakup guidelines :) I understand breakups are hard and take a very strong amount of strength out of people.
Anonymous
When your heart is ready, you would start noticing others again. Have you thought about the qualities of the person you will love?
Anonymous
Yes, though my ex did hurt me I still believe in finding love again. There is always hope to find someone who treats you better and loves you for who you are
amethystdreams
Absolutely! Many people often experience certain situations after which they feel they may never love another person again. While it feels this way immediately after the situation, time tends to heal all wounds (even though it may not feel this way). We often feel like it is the end of the world right away, but as time goes on we heal and we grow stronger, and when we're ready to move on, we love even stronger :)
Zeeeee
Yes you will. There is something special in every other person we meet, only if we wish to explore. Not everybody is the same. Happiness is a choice ~
Gat89
I believe you will, if you are open to the idea of that possibility. You may feel it may not be possible, but I believe it is possible, and it has happened to me. And this time, you may even experience a better quality if you have take the 'learnings' of your previous relationships.
snugglebunny
I understand how you could feel that way. But don't worry, love is cyclical: it comes and goes. It will find you again! :)
Anonymous
Yes u will !!! God has you someone just waiting to meet you. U may already know that person. Don't shut down just open ur heart
Lightnessindark3010
You will be able to feel that if you let go your past or the problem that makes you trust people less. Try watching people in different angle and you might find them trustworthy and you might even fall in love
VirtualVirgo
Yes. It may take a while, as some wounds are deeper than others, but it is possible. While most say that time heals all wounds, I do not agree; the mind covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens, but is never gone. This is the lesson we learn from heartbreak; we learn from what we've experienced and grow from it.
GTheOddOneOut
There are tons of people that will care and love you just like I am sure you probably still love someone. There's many types of love (Friendship caring kind, family kind of love, and special other kind). It's okay. What you're going through know is tough but things can get better. Just stay strong, my friend.
Jeevan
Yes, it takes time and a lot of self love to start healing and being aware of our emotions is the first step.
KawaiiNana
Yes, you absolutely will. When the right time comes, remain patient my love. each and everyone of us have a significant other.
Hrub
Your automatic thought: Critical self (Putting ourselves down, self-criticism, blaming ourselves for events or situations that are not totally our responsibility) Try to listen to how you do it to yourself and then challenge or distance yourself from those thoughts, and see the situation in a different and more helpful way.
CuddlyOasis98
Yes you will when you start to love yourself. Remember love someone when you're ready not when you're lonely.
Anonymous
It depends what kind of love. relationships, friends or family. sometimes it can take years to find that love. but it is there always for people to find.
Anonymous
Yes, you will be able to love someone again. Somethings are meant to happen again in life, love being of them, love can be for humans, for animals and even things.
Anonymous
You can not remove someone from your mind ...it's hard and impossible... But yes you can able to love someone again. When you will find someone loving and caring..who loves you truly..from his / her heart... When you will find someone who accept you as you are ..you can feel When you find someone...who just want to be with you in every condition.....you can feel that
fancydrums00
Love is a natural feeling that comes and goes. Eventually, you will catch those feelings when least expected.
fanglife123
Yes you will be able to feel love again. You just haven't meet that "one" yet. You will eventually find someone.
These things takes time and effort. But yes everyone is entitled for chances to be in the boat again.
YourCaringFriend987
yes... surely you would... :) it is a human trait to feel like this was my only or last love or relation.... but with time you will sure start to like someone else who comes in your life... and you will know then that you can fall in love with this person... just dont stop yourself when that happens... you are not doing anything wrong moving on.. :)
GingerBread212
Once you are able to heal internally of past hurts, and open up to kindness, empathy and compassion, along with establishing healthy boundaries, it is possible
hopefulSunshine17
I read something once that I've always remembered. It said that we should each look at our own lives as though it were a movie. Heartbreak, suffering and sadness are all big events that we often replay in our minds. But we should also replay all of the positive and happy events. And while we do this, we should remember that our movie is still being written, it's a blank slate, so have hope, go out there and write your story! Believe in yourself and create new memories.
electricbird
Eventually, your heart will heal, it's gonna take it sweet time to do it, it'll be so slowly that you won't even notice; and then, you'll find someone, someone that will flip your world upside down, someone that will make you so happy, someone who will make you want to love again.
Letiza
Of course dear eventually we will find someone who can see our worth and treasure us and fight for us till the end you just have to give your heart fully to him and don't be afraid to trust again
Anonymous
Give your self time to deal and look back to learn what needs to change, love will come back and when it does you can start new with no worrys
generousRabbit93
you will, you just dont want to fall again into that hurt, and its totally normal to feel like that you just have to find the right one