Will I ever feel like I'll be able to love someone again?

Melissa Strauss, LPC

I am client focused and believe everyone has a strength. I feel confident in seeing clients with generalized and social anxiety, depression and relational goals.

Anonymous
Yes you will, right now you may not feel your best and may be at your worst but trust me life moves on and the situation you're in, which ever it is, it will come to pass and you will forget whatever sadness you are feeling right now.. Sure it feels like it will never end,like you will never be able love again. But that's not true. You will feel like you'll be able to love someone again only if you let yourself feel that way. So don't worry :) look towards the future with optimism and you'll meet that one person that makes you happy and feel like falling in love again which at that point you already are
admirableWatermelon
For me love is trust based. Once someone breaks that trust they go in a negative factor. They can rebuild their trust slowly, but someone else will start at 0. And thus build up the trust faster. So yes at some point the person who broke your heart will make up for it, or else someone new will stroll along and bring that feeling of butterflies back in your stomach. And remember it takes time to find the right person. And true love can never come too late. So stay strong and keep your eyes open. Your true love might be just around the corner.
Anonymous
Loving someone can be hard and draining sometimes. If you feel like you're not able to live someone else right now that's ok. Take some time to focus on you, you can't pour from an empty cup. It may take a long time but eventually I believe you will feel better and be able to move past this. Things are very stressful right now, and it's very important to make sure we're doing what we need to do for ourselves. Self -love is very important! I really hope you'll be able to feel better. I believe you can move past this.