Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How can I deal with Stalkers?

42 Answers
Last Updated: 03/19/2019 at 12:53am
1 Tip to Feel Better
Moderated by

Paola Giordani, Psychoanalyst

Licensed Psychoanalyst

I have helped and am helping people cope with loss, divorce, anguish and parenting. Depression is also a major issue that comes up.

Top Rated Answers
March 2nd, 2015 12:06am
Definitely tell an adult or someone else that you can trust. Don't give out any personal information, especially your social media handles or your address.
May 21st, 2015 11:59pm
Stalkers must be reported to a position of law. If you are being stalked you should tell an adult right away.
July 13th, 2015 2:27am
The first and foremost thing you should do is speak to your friends and family. After that, go to the police. Explain to them what is happening. They will try to help, but still make sure friends and family know.
August 25th, 2015 2:45am
all you have to do is report them. if you respond to a stalker they think that you are interested in talking and continue, you have to report or block them.
January 14th, 2016 2:08am
call for help, go to an adult you trust, when i say call for help i mean by 911 and call someone the whole time when that person is doing it to you so you have a witness
January 16th, 2016 8:55pm
you can block them, or you could report them or call the cops. Stalkers just keep going at it so if you call the cops or do something to stop it eventually they will give up.
March 4th, 2015 5:56pm
Well, you apply different measures depending on the level of stalkness. If people follow you and they like to see that you know they're there, then that is worrying.. If they do it frequently and it affects you, which I presume it does, then you should try to contact people that can do something about it. Your parents, or maybe the police if it gets worse. If it's not as severe as I think it is, you should try to approach that one person and tell him or her that it bothers you, I think they'll stop.
April 21st, 2015 12:52pm
Just continue the things that you are doing and don't let them bother you. If time comes that this stalker started to make you feel uncomfortable, ask for help to the persons around you.
April 24th, 2015 2:25am
First ask them to go away, if that doesn't work the best thing to do would be going to the authorities and reporting your case
May 13th, 2015 6:06am
Honestly that's kind of complicated, but if it's getting to a point where you feel paranoid every time you look at your surroundings then you should probably get a restraining order and/or contact some kind of law enforcement such as the police. If you feel like a person is stalking you, it wouldn't really be a good idea to confront that person face to face especially if you're alone because it can become dangerous.
August 25th, 2015 8:27pm
Tell someone as soon as possible, someone like a trusted friend, an adult especially a police because they can do so much to help
December 7th, 2015 3:58pm
Call the police, get yourself safe, be aware of your surroundings, let your friends, employer and family know about your situation. Do not travel alone and please do not be ashamed to get help, do not hide or take matters into your own hands.
December 15th, 2015 2:14pm
Try and tell someone that could stop the person, or call a cop to tell them what they are doing to hurt you, or make you uncomfortable.
January 12th, 2016 10:54am
First of all, I think the most important first step is to immediately block the person. If they continue to harass you, you must then seek further help. (ex- emailing 7Cups)
January 15th, 2016 7:12pm
Go to the police, see if it's possible to get a restraining order. If possible get help from a counsellor experienced with stalkers. Don't be shy to tell your loved ones and co-workers so they don't give out information. If needed, change your number and just share with people you can be sure that they won't share it. Be strong, you can go through this - don't let yourself be emotionally manipulated.
January 17th, 2016 4:31pm
Explain that they are bothering you to them. If they don't leave you alone, call the cops on them and report a stalker. If the cops don't do anything, then you have yourself a real problem, but most likely the cops will deal with them and remove them from where you are.
January 21st, 2016 10:54am
Be sure not to give away any of your personal information such as Skype, twitter, ect. If they continue it, be sure to report it
January 21st, 2016 12:35pm
Tell someone about it so that the person could protect you from them and keep you safe, as soon as the stalker realizes that you have someone to protect you, he will stop.
January 21st, 2016 9:35pm
tell your parents, close friends, they can be around in case the stalker approaches inform police too
January 22nd, 2016 4:42pm
Immediately tell an authoritative figure or a friend. If you have a stalker, do not wait until they take action. Even if you feel unsure whether that person is stalking you or not, don't wait.
January 22nd, 2016 9:52pm
Report them. The police are starting to take these kinds of crimes very seriously (finally), so if you present them with evidence you may be able to obtain a warning for the offending party, or a restraining order if it's serious. If it's online, remember to take screenshots, which can help your case greatly, but don't edit them in any way- this can be detected and will count against you in a legal case.
January 23rd, 2016 12:33pm
tell them to think as if they were your brother or sister They should respect you as human being i.
January 23rd, 2016 6:40pm
Ignore them. If they bother you too much, report them to the authorities, admins, teachers, your parents. Just inform people with authority that you're being stalked and they're harassing you.
January 23rd, 2016 9:52pm
if the stalker is not threatening you then ask for some personal help. tell your friends or family about it. if the stalker is threatening you then go to police . And don't tell you're information to the stalker.
January 24th, 2016 7:31pm
You should probably tell someone it's happening. It depends on the intensity though. If they are actually tracking you you should report it to the police.
January 25th, 2016 8:37am
The only way to deal with stalkers is to either inform the police or block them if it's online stalking.
January 27th, 2016 4:18pm
if at all you feel in danger you should contact the police straight away. always make sure you tell someone if you feel your being stalked and never go out alone in the dark and just have someone with you if you do need to pop out where you could be vulnerable.
January 27th, 2016 9:14pm
If it's online, block them in all ways possible. Tell somebody whats going on and do not associate with the stalker at all
January 28th, 2016 11:38pm
Report them to police and you can get an order protection against them. If they do violate the order protection you can report it and they will arrest them and do court process etc. If you know they have an account online search their name and block them to help avoid them contacting you.
January 30th, 2016 3:26pm
To deal with someone stalking you, first you must call the police. This is crucial for your safety. Once you call the police, explain your situation to them, say where you are and that you are being followed. They will give you instructions on exactly what to do. If you don't have a phone, then remain calm, and ghastly walk away and go to somewhere you know you will be safe, for example, a neighbors house. For your own safety, don't walk alone at night, try to walk in a group, or go with your parents, this could greatly increase your safety