How can I deal with Stalkers?

Cassandra Coleman-Heppler, LCSW, LICSW

I believe that problems are separate from the person having them and that our own stories and how we look at our own stories directly influences how we perceive those problems

Anonymous
Just make it clear to them that you know what they're doing. If it serious enough to be considered harassment, you could get the police involved.
Anonymous
Everyday I used to get bullied at my school. People would throw food at me in the cafeteria for no good reason at all just to be mean to me and constantly bully me for no reason
Anonymous
It is best to ignore them, but it's wise to turn to the police if they become violent or start to bother you severely
Lillyhearts1234
Block them from anything that they use to contact you so they can't get a hold of you or be in contact with you.
elliejade
If they're online, block them and keep blocking them if they are creating new accounts. As for real life, there is nothing much you can do than tell someone and they might take it further like the police. Same thing with online as well, though it will be a lot harder to find this person when they're online and probably creating fake profiles.
Anonymous
Figure out how they could be stalking you. Is it a mutual friend? Is it a social media account? Is it a certain bus route you take everyday to get somewhere? Depending on how they are, different things apply but the thing is to cut the information supply. Change your bus routes (or if you can't leave at an earlier time than usual). Delete a social media account and remake it with a pseudonym. Distance yourself from your friend or tell them your concerns. That's if the stalking is just from a far, though. If it's something like following you home, then that's when you should get law enforcement involved about the risks.
Arakhthanda
the best way is first to tell them to stop. If they don't stop, contact the police or an agency that deals with stalkers (including your local area's domestic violence agency, which is to the best of my knowledge of a place for you to look for resources).
Rogue1234
You should contat the police dpartment and you can get a restraining order so thy will need to leae you alone
Link22
Tell someone. If someone is following you. Or creeping around you. You need to get help. If it's really bad. Call the police.
dancingJoy75
Minimise the time you spend alone when out if you can, report them to the police, keep a diary of their behaviour.
chrissayslala
You definitely should contact some level of authorities when it comes to stalkers! If it's on social media, maybe try to block them first. However if it is a physical following you around then definitely contact the school, the police, or anyone who can get involved to stop that.
Anonymous
If you think you are being stalked, but arent sure you may wish to call the police. But if you prefer dealing with it on your own, until you are certain you may wish to: 1) change routes each day 2) leave home or work at varying times 3)have someone with you, seeing what you believe may be stalking 4) call the police if you are certain, or even if you arent just in case. It's always better to be safe then sorry in such situations for sure! If the situation ever arises where you being followed I wouldn't try any methods besides calling authorities.