How can I stop replaying the episode(s) of bullying, over and over again, which only make me feel worse?

Australia

Raifiel Cyril, Masters in Applied Psychology

Everyone needs a little support from time to time to take the next step. I am here to listen and help you achieve what your heart desires.

Anonymous
It's something tough to deal with...the thoughts can be so obsessive and painful. What I've found helps is distracting myself, going out, and doing something productive. Acknowledge the thoughts; don't try to bury them, but at the same time, firmly reassure yourself you're fine now, nothing is hurting you. As time passes, the memories won't go away, but you'll get bigger and stronger and they'll get smaller.
VivsPerception
You'll need to stop playing the replay button, and the only way youre gonna be able to do that is by forgiving the ones who bullied you and realising that it has made you a stronger person now and it most likely wont ever happen again, the way you felt then and the way you feel now are not the way you will feel forever.. Dont fight your feelings, face them! Youre just wasting your time when you replay an episode beacuse youre missing out on the other episodes you couldve watched during then
Anonymous
Try to distract your mind from that. Try finding out what you're good at. Spend your free time developing your hobbies. Think positive and never ever give up:)
Glareofyesterday
Get the thought in your mind that right now the bully is on top but soon enough will turn out to be a bad person in life just keep your morales and values good to turn out a better person in life
Molentra
Distract yourself. Play a video game, watch TV, talk to someone, start a project. Keep yourself busy and keep your mind off it. Stop wondering "What if?" Do something that makes you happy or excites you, and hopefully that'll help.
inlovewidorchids
Being a freshy out of Highschool girl, I think i know how you must be feeling. I'd like to tell you about some helpful changes in my daily life, which really helped me get through that time. First of all, I simply started doing MORE. More for my school, more for my family, more for myself. I signed signed up for dance classes, started cooking for my family and helping out in After-school-supervision for primary school. You can say that I just simply ignored to bad things. Filling up your life with positivity and blocking all negative thoughts will help you in the long term. I am sure you can think of at least 3 things you could do which make you happier. Sports, music, painting, social work or even just decorating your own room. Secondly, try to look at your life this way: It's my life. I should be the one having all control over it. So why should I give away the power for something as simple as being happy to someone else? Why should someone else decide when I am supposed to be happy and when not? Try this: Today I will take all control over my happiness. I will be happy, just because I can be. That's it. I really hope i could help you :) I'd love to talk to everyone who has any questions on bullying or other school/work problems/stress.
Anonymous
Focus on something that soothes you, a song, a scent, a story, a game. Anything that is comforting and pleasant to you. A cup of tea or a cup of coffee. Share your feelings with a friend, a listener or a family member.
tjb28
to forget bulllying is a difficult thing to forget.The experience couldnt have been nice but you got through it this means you are stronger than you think
Anonymous
Well, it is important to know that the past is behind you and you are a different person right now. You handled the situation as best you could, but now you know more and so you do not have to worry about it happening again.
xxHereForYouxx
Think of happy memories, doodle, hang out with friends more, write, join a club, distract yourself, anything really to take your mind off it.
enchantingApple96
You have the power to stand-out. You have the power to say no, If it's necessary, it would be better for you to step out of the community/school/work to give yourself space to stand out.
palan
On the level of mind, what you resist persists (for example, try not to think of a pink elephant as hard as you can for 1 minute! You'll see them everywhere!). When bad thoughts come, welcome them and have a cup of tea with them. You'll find that they stay for a short time, but it's far less intrusive than if you fought them. Your inner positivity has so much strength, if you only own it, that nothing can bother you for long unless you let it.
kindWaterfall42
Try to distract yourself with something positive, like reaching out to help someone else, or doing something relaxing and fun.
Anonymous
You can download some meditation apps that will allow you to calm down and not think of anything else