How you can deal with bullies without reporting them

Collin McShirley, LMFT

I love helping people overcome challenges with food, depression, and anxiety. My work with clients is nonjudgement, supportive, and kind.

Anonymous
I think you have several options in this situation, and a lot would depend on your definition of what reporting them means, exactly. If you are comfortable with it, and depending on your age and situation, you might choose to share what is happening with one or both of your parents, or your legal guardian. You might also ask, if your school has a social worker and/or psychologist, if you could share what is happening without naming nay names of the bullies involved to get some support from them as they would have, hopefully, a pretty good handle on what the culture and dynamics are at your school, if that is where the bullying is occurring. Also, if you have friends that are supportive of you, you might find some safety in numbers. There is also the option of talking to the persons who are bullying you directly, of course, and in this situation I advise you to do so if you thing that is best for you AND you feel safe. AS you have not shared the extent of the bullying, your safety is the #1 concern at this point, in my personal opinion. I do understand that being the target of bullies can be extremely hurtful and painful, and you deserve support as you face this challenge. I would also like to suggest that you might find some hope and/or solace in know that you are now alone in this, and would suggest that you could find information online about what you are facing, and many inspirational stories of others that have faced bullying in their lives as well and overcome it. My personal opinion. Take care
eJane
It is a fact that the thing bullies are most afraid of is that the person who they are bullying will stand up to them. So let go of your fear of standing up. Raise your voice. Tell them that you've had enough. You do not expect anything less in life but the best of everything. Don't let anyone treat you differently.
DreamCandy
One way to deal with bullies is to simply not pay them any attention. If you don't react, they lost interest. "He who is wise keeps it calm to the last." While it may not always be possible, if you know where the bullies usually hang out, take extra caution to avoid those places. Don't just allow yourself to walk into a situation that looks bad from afar when it comes to bullies. If it looks like trouble is brewing, it probably is! So learn to walk away.
hopefulCloud38
Bullies are human themselves they just have issues and seeking away to take it on others. It's not ok to bully someone else but one way i know works for me is just trying to avoid them and standing grounds , but you have to have high self-esteem. Talk to others and be strong.
setmefreeletmebe
Just speak with them about their problems, because no one bully without a reason. Maybe (s)he is jealous, vulnerable has a fear of smt.
JocePunk123
You can just not let them get to you if they go up and bug you just tell them to back off and walk away from any dangerous situation you might be put in.
Anonymous
Ignoring them always works best. Delete the comment, don't give them the time of day. If they keep commenting again and again, confront them once about it in a mature, kind way. If they don't listen or just keep bullying, they don't deserve to be on your profile.
Anonymous
Then the only way is to ignore them completely. Avoid eye contact maybe? Try not to end up following them or something.
TaylorSeth
You be strong and make sure they realize you're not going to put up with it. Once they realize you're not going to let them push you over, they will move on to someone else.
Anonymous
Be brave to take the risk. Be brave and they will stop it theirself because they bullied people "below" them
Anonymous
you need to just ignore them with a smile and not pay much attention to them...dont show your weakside to them.. thats it!
Kaysha
Bullies feed off of a reaction, although it may be hard, the only thing you can do is ignore them and wait until they get bored.
mhiggins
Bullies are always difficult to deal with, because like my mom says they are always going to be there no matter where you go. If you don't want to report them because trust me in some cases that can just make it worse, just try to ignore them and not focus on the things that they are saying because honestly they are just unhappy people who have nothing better to do.
sophialovesyou
January 2nd, 2017 6:42am
To be honest, talk to an adult, and tell them to keep who told anonymous. It's better to let someone know.
friendlyIcicle64
There is not much you can do with bullies without reporting them to someone. But you can always stand up for yourself and be confident about you. Try telling them to stop and that you are not putting up with them or the problems that they bring. If that doesn't make them stop you can always attempt to ignore them, if it gets to problematic to ignore then I really do suggest telling someone about it.
RumpleSteeleSkin
Bullies only keep going by the audiences reactions. It isn't right to get bullied and it doesn't feel good either. I can only share to you that don't react to them no matter what. Leave out and yes doing a report is right. So that the right people can handle the bullies. Be strong and know you are loved
eeveeon
You can ask them to stop as it is really affecting you, or you can react differently (I.e. don't pay attention to them or give them satisfaction). However, if these don't work and you are still being bullied I believe you should report them.
Anonymous
Tell them that they are hurting you.Stand Up, Be Your Own Hero Don't Be Afraid Just tell them straight that stop bullying that's not ok