My bully says there is no reason that they like to bully me, shouldn't there always be a reason?

April Zamzow, CSW, MA, LPC

There are many times in our lives when we could use an ear to listen and help us through the things that we are struggling with. I can do that.

CutieCats2302
Sometimes bullies just pick one person for no reason, I experienced this myself. there was never a reason I was bullied it was just sort of that I was always there. Side note, I'm really sorry your being bullied its such a bad situation and a tough one to get out of especially in certain settings. Some bullies don't generally choose people to bully for specific reasons, sometimes if they think that they might get a reaction out of you then that could be the main reason for them to continue with the bullying. They can do it out of boredom, and nothing else to do, or a distraction for other things in their lives.
hopefulArrow2212
Although it is a common view that bullies bully others because they are insecure with themselves or jealous of someone that their victims possess, it is sadly not always the case. Sometimes they may have psychological issues that cause them to act out, or there are just people who thrive on seeing fear in other people, and therefore purposely want to put their victims in unfortunate situations. The world is filled with peop[le of all kinds. If you are being bullied or know someone who is being bullied, people seek someone to help you with the situation if you are unable to get out of it or reason with the bully. It is easy to say walk away calmly, but some bullies will not respect your choice and continue bullying. The thing about people is that if we do not know them and where they are coming from we won't know what to do as a defense. So we may need others to help to intervene.
confidentFaith3030
There is always a reason. The bully may not be aware of it, or not want to name it but it exists. The reason could be anything; learned behaviour, low self-esteem, prejudice, fear, jealousy,l. This just a few possible ideas as to why someone might bully another person. It is quite common that you, as the one being bullied, never knows the why. It is also very common to blame yourself for it. The One thing that is sure however, is who is to blame for the bullying. It is 💯 % NOT you. The bully is completely and totally responsible for their actions.