Should I force myself to do a 'fun' and harmless activity with my friends because they want me to do it, even if I don't want to do it?

Kendall Alvis, MA LPC

I provide a safe, accepting and positive therapeutic relationship to clients working through challenging situations including depression, anxiety, and adjustment issues.

Anonymous
You should always listen to your feelings. If you don't want to do what they're asking you to do, because it makes you uncomfortable then don't. Try to understand what they are asking from you and why you don't want to do it. Maybe telling them why you don't want to do it will make them understand you and they will stop pushing you. Don't let anyone force you to do anything you don't want to do, even if it as a harmless acfivity. But maybe if you are feeling down but you don't want to do anything fun you should try to ignore that feeling and go have fun, maybe eventually you will enjoy it!