Who should I tell that I am being bullied?

Mexico

Paola Giordani, Psychoanalyst

Licensed Psychoanalyst

I have helped and am helping people cope with loss, divorce, anguish and parenting. Depression is also a major issue that comes up.

Brittneym101
I have been bullied before and still to this day I get bullied and I am now 20 years old and it's not a very easy thing to go through, but unfortunately we have those people that are not happy with themselves on the inside or out so they feel like they have to put others in misery. If you're in school you should always tell a teacher or the principle. If you're being bullied at places in general tell an adult or a friend that you can trust.
Anonymous
Anyone trusted. Neighbors, friends, family, extended family, school counselors or administrators. Any adult.
ForeverFlaming
If you don't want your parents to know, you should tell an adult. Like principal or teacher. If that doesn't work, then tell your parents about this problem. And if that doesn't work, tell a psychologist.
Chaliercy
For some adult you trust. Authorities are also an option. Talk camly with the aggressor can also be a great solution, because bullies usually have problems and get rid of them with bullying.
museofdreams
That is really up to you. I'd say the key thing is it should be someone you trust. Parents, School Teachers or Counselors, or even just a normal adult you trust. If you don't trust any adults, get to know some and spend time talking with them then letting them know about you being bullied.
Quinn1982
Teachers, parents, school counselor, principal. A police officer. Your friends. There are a lot of people who you can tell.
starryRiver83
Find your voice. There is nothing that should make you worry about telling someone that you are being bullied. Just ask to speak to someone close to you, or someone you know well at school or college, a tutor/ lecturer/ support group in private and tell them exactly what has been happening. They may be able help.
neverletlifetakeyourspark
Tell anyone that you trust. Tell your parents, teachers, counselors, friends, or anyone who can help you. Please don't go through this alone.
aforalfie
It can be hard to reach out for help when being bullied. If the bullying is taking place in school, it is best to reach out to a trusted teacher or councillor. If it is outside of school, it is best to reach out to your parents or a trusted adult.
PeaceForYou
Someone you trust. An adult is always best. A parent, teacher or trusted family member. If you find this difficult even confiding in a loyal friend could help.
ForgottenMagic
I'm so sorry to here that. As a girl who was bullied and lived through it, all I can say is that it DOES get better. If you are ever bullied, talk to someone. Friends, family, counselor, and maybe even a teacher. Get help. There are so many sad things going on in this world from being bullied. Get some help and talk to someone. Hope everything gets better :)
Anonymous
Any one whom you can trust like a family member or you could tell someone who appreciates you and accepts you for who you are
Emoguppy15
Tell your parents and if you're not comfortable with telling them tell a sibling, or family friend.
WolfKeep
Your parents, a teacher, the principle, the vice principle, a counselor, your friend's parents, Any adult who will listen to you. And if the person you tell doesn't do anything, then you tell someone else and keep telling them. Tell them as soon as you're able. Bullying can only be stopped when everyone is aware of the situation. It's a cruel form of abuse and can cause trauma and embarrassment. No one deserves to be bullied and there is no reason for anyone to do it. So if you're being bullied, it's ok to put you foot down and say, "I'm being verbally and physically harassed by this person and I want it to stop. It is making me feel bad about myself and I shouldn't be."
Alwaysdreamin
In my opinion, you should tell an adult: a parent, teacher, school counselor, or even an aunt or uncle. Tell a trusted adult that will know how to get you the help you need to deal with being bullied and also to get the bully to stop. In our school district on our webpage, we have an anoymous bully hotline. Many districts have this. You might want to check and see if you district has this. It is very, very helpful and many people use it. Good luck and please tell someone so you and the bully can get the help you both need.
bluesdays007
The most important thing is that you talk to somebody who you can really trust. This can be your parents, siblings, friends, teachers, etc. After that first step -which can be difficult - you've got somebody to talk to and to figure out a solution together.
Blackadam
well if in case you are being bullied , Express your feeling to the friend, family , and teacher if in case the event is not stopping . Dont give them a chance to take advantage cuz if you remain silent you may have to face it like forever .
Molentra
People who you know will be supportive. Friends, parents, other family. If it's happening in school, tell a teacher and make sure (or enlist a parent's help) that they do something about it. Depending on the situation and your own preferences, you may want to keep it quiet or make sure everyone knows. e.g. When I was bullied, my bully went around telling people that I was the one bullying her, and so I had people coming up to me and verbally abusing me for bullying her.
Anonymous
Your parents. It's always better when they know because they will always try to save you and protect you
Aleetsgo
Parents, teachers and your best friends. They'll be always supportive to you. Believe me, they're the answer.
Anonymous
Anyone who.Will listen is the best option. If you're in school tell a principal or a counselor about it
blazingwolf
You should tell us, and tell to the bully that you are being bullied. Tell him this is unacceptable and that he doesnt talk to you like that, ever.
Anonymous
An adult or person in charge. If you don't feel safe telling them or if they are the problem tell a friend, family member, police officer, pastor/priest.
Anonymous
You can tell your teacher or someone you trust. Depending on how severely you are being bullied you can tell officials.
magicalhope75
Tell your parents about it or you can tell sme authoritative figure about it..please do tell someone..it will help you get over this situation
Positive1helper
You should tell a parent , teacher , friend , brother and sister and grand parents everyone who you can trust to try and get rid of the bully
Anonymous
November 1st, 2016 3:54pm
Someone you feel like you can trust. If you don't have anyone close to you that you feel like you can share this with, try contacting someone here on 7cups or a professional. You're not alone.
Anonymous
Someone you trust :) anyone you think you feel comfortable with or that could help you :) I hope you find the right person xx
LagathaStrong88
If you experience bullying, you should talk to a person you feel comfortable with, someone you can trust.
Anonymous
If you've been bullied you can tell you're teacher about it as well as a counselor or even the principal and you're family and friends about it too.