Is there anyway to remove all of your sexual desire?

Sandra Butler, AOD, DV counselor

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Experienced in understanding how emotions and feelings affect our lifes in every aspect of interacting, not just with others, but how we process those emotions. I can help you

Anonymous
Sexual desire is a complex and natural part of life. While it is not usually possible to extinguish it, you can practice good sexual health to help manage it. Things like practicing good sexual health or limiting exposure to sexually explicit materials might help limit when you feel this desire. If you are experiencing distress linked to your sexual desire, it might be best to seek professional help to figure out why this is, and how best to navigate coping strategies. Desires are natura and normal, and there is nothing wrong with experiencing them, even if it feels that way sometimes.
peacefulLight8704
No, unless you are asexual, I do not believe there is a way to do this. Most of us are sexual beings, and if we have sexual desire, I don't think there is a way to completely eradicate it. It can be controlled however, and if you feel that your sexual desires impedes on your life, work, or relationships with others, there is help for that. I would suggest looking in your area for a good psychologist or therapist who has experience in this area, and has good reviews and insight to offer. I hope you are able to resolve any problems you may have!
Anonymous
February 21st, 2020 2:28pm
There are a lot of great books and references to look into this topic that touch on it in a variety of ways, depending on what angle you'd prefer to go about exploring it. :) In my experience and research, I personally don't know that our sexual desire can be removed, per say, but after having studied and doing my own personal research and experiments in commitments to abstinence, I do feel our desire nature can be transformed and utilized to do a great many things that extend beyond sexual gratification. This is a great question, and I'm really happy that people are interested in exploring their desire nature and understanding it better.
shiningBeauty72
Sexual desires can be considered as like any other needs.Its more power full and energetic as it can lead to giving birth to life. So removing all is not a good choice. Its like asking can we remove our hunger. Food is a need but there can be food for the hunger and food taken to gratify the senses. First one is need satisfaction second one is greed satisfaction. Like law of conservation of energy we can not destroy the energy we can not remove all desires but can transform into creative works.As its an infinite source of energy instead of getting along with the desires transform it into love for nature, love to human kind. Get into art games etc. you can get away from the desires controlling you. Have good friends. Engage in social activities. Empty cup catches dust fast so don't remove fill it with good tea. Best wishes
Heftyarjun
Yes it comes by consistence approach. What happens in sexual desire is all our focus or energy gets accumulated towards the sexual thoughts. So we must find some alternate source that has equal or more impactful than sexual areas on us. One of the effective area is spirituality. When you comes to know about the concepts of spirituality, how to use energies and our precious fluids in right way just help us to realise the truth. So as a first step you can get some books on spirituality. Autobiography of yogi is one of them which will impact us strongly. You might get desires in between all you need to be aware is it takes time and effort to overcome the desires. Also it's better to have some look on food. Excessive salty, oily, spicy foods, onions will increase the sexual desires. Avoiding meat also helps us in achieving the better command on our desires
Anonymous
I think, that unless you are a sex-repulsed asexual, sexual desire is a natural part of being human. However, it is relatively common to feel shame about having sexual desires. There are sometimes underlying issues that can make shame about sexual desire more extreme, even to the point of obsession. I would recommend speaking to a therapist about this, on 7 cups or in person. Sexual desire, for most people, is completely natural and should not be something that causes you shame. I hope that you found this response helpful and that you have a good rest of your day!
meghanwap
Try promising yourself that you won't watch any videos of that type and if you get the urge and cannot control it try slapping yourself or pinching yourself. Try keeping your mind distracted at all times maybe by keeping a to-do list if possible. Try avoiding pornography and masturbating. Drugs and alcohol can cause you to lose your inhibitions, including your sexual control. Stay away from parties and scenarios you think might be problematic. Being under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol makes it more likely that you will engage in risky sexual activity. Find effective methods to control your thoughts. Clear your mind by meditation. Minimize stress. Take up a new hobby or fill your social calendar with activities with friends. Physical activity is one of the healthiest ways to control and manage a range of feelings and emotions, including the urge.
calmingFriend2210
Sexual desire can occur for several aspects. Such as looks, love, kindness or fondness of the person. The only way I can think of to remove this desire is to stop thinking about in general. Get a hobby get yourself doing something so that you become distracted so in a way you want sexual desire. The only hard part is that what causing your sexual desire may be enthralled in your head or that you see this person everyday. Though if this self desire lead to the person you may marry or want to spend a lifetime with then by all means do so.
forestfires87
This is an interesting question, I believe for many reasons and for people with many different personal experiences. It's quite a sensitive topic, and probably garners some interest from victims (or experiencers, in case you don't consider yourself a victim) of sexual abuse. My personal feeling is that it is quite possible not to experience sexual feelings, either temporarily or for a very long time. I think this can indeed happen, but from personal experience, I can't say whether or not it's an experience that can be entirely willed. I don't have personal experience in which I would have been entirely able to turn off my sexual brain. However, I have only lived inside my very own mind, and I would love to read more about other people's experiences. :) Interesting question...
Anonymous
Based on my experience quitting the internet, being close to nature, reading educational books, meditating focusing on your studies, getting closer to your religion if you believe in one etc honestly I can write a long list about what you should do in order to remove all your sexual desires but I'm not sure if it's possible maybe it is i don't know but one thing I know for sure is that you can control you sexual desires by avoiding them, facing them and not acting upon it it may sound like some kind of a punishment but those desires are just desires. If you can control your mind you can control those desires of yours. I know it's easier said than done but life's not easy isn't it? Sometimes you just gotta get out of your comfort zone to get things done.