What helps most for dealing with the chronic pain if I will not take pain pills, Please, any idea's?

Kimberly Claudat, PhD

I'm a cognitive-behavioral therapist, here to support you in learning skills to cope with depression, anxiety, and painful emotions through a collaborative approach.

Anonymous
People, speaking and meeting new people help me. Even though the pain is still there, as much as ever, the emotions and thoughts are what fill my mind.
TranquiliTea16
Depending on where the pain is and what your physical capabilities are, you might look in to an exercise program or yoga. I have a low back injury that was causing a lot of pain. I found that yoga (and there are different levels, even some that are done sitting in a chair) helped to stretch the muscles and tendons, improve muscle tone and decreased my pain!
Anonymous
If you live in a state where medical marijuana is legal, it can be wonderful for chronic pain. It does not have to be smoked to be effective. It can also be made into tasty baked goods, candy, even potato chips. The best part, effectiveness with no side effects.
Anonymous
This depends upon the part of the body that your chronic pain is in or if it is your whole body but how about wrist braces at times if you need them, this doesn't so much get rid of the pain in my wrists and hands but it feels more comfortable to have the sensation of something on them, Sometimes I a back and shoulder heater that you can plug in and it heats up. Doing mild/light exercise, nothing too strenuous to keep flexibility and prevent muscles from wasting from underuse. I find that my pain gets more difficult to bear if I am not in a great mindset so trying to see the positive and do things I enjoy helps. It doesn't stop the pain but it takes my focus of it somewhat. I hope this is a little helpful :)