Am I depressed? I just noticed I never feel truly happy I don’t remember what it feels like I’m 17 I’ve gotten into my dream school every aspect of my life is perfect but I’m not happy?

Lindsay Scheinerman, MA, LPC

My work with clients is to help them recognize and build on their strengths to find solutions for the conflicts presented in their lives.

Anonymous
no you aren't depressed. it's just that when everything goes right we start getting suspicious about that too. its human nature we urge for some lefts and right we cant just go straight. so do things that make you happy.
NeverEndingHugs
It certainly sounds like you may be. It's impossible to know for sure until you see a good doctor/psychiatrist and get diagnosed. It's a good idea regardless, because even if you aren't depressed, they can help you find out what IS making you unhappy and help you to fix it. I will also say that make sure you are actually talking to a good doctor, one that really listens to you and what you are saying. Mine had not listened to me and essentially I went in and said "I think I may be depressed" and they asked me maybe 2 or 3 questions and then prescribed me medication. This isn't a great approach and caused me more distress than maybe I needed. You may need medication, there is no shame in that, but its also possible that you would be better off with therapy or something else. Make sure to advocate for the option that feels right to you.