As an extravert, being homeschooled has driven me to the point of self-harm and depression, however my parents would never allow me to go to therapy (religious reasons). What do I do?

Dominecaa White, LPC

Emotional challenges take a toll on who we are and can limit us from being our best. My desire is to help all clients experience freedom from emotional bondage.

Shikamaru42
That sounds tough. Yet your approach of reaching out to the internet for help seems to be the most feasible that comes to mind until you are in a position to take full control of your life. Of course I don't know your exact situation, but if you feel like social contact outside of your family circle could be useful, you can try to find that online. Either here, if you want to address your problems in a therapy-like setting, or in forums if you are seeking for distraction rather than reflection. For distraction, I can personally recommend finding an online reading group or a Dungeons & Dragons group to play with. Something involving other people and a topic you like. Stories and social games are a personal favorite and known to be reliable companions, but I'm sure there are also resources out there for anything else that might interest you. If you're looking for education rather than distraction or reflection, there are plenty of free online courses and learning resources as well as newspapers out there that can help you combat indoctrination, religious or otherwise. Think of it as your own personal "counter-education initiative" or whatever. Again, I'm hard-pressed to think of more tailored advice without knowing your exact situation but to use any windows you might have to the "outer world" to feed that little core inside you that knows that there is another way, that there can be a future for you that you design, and that will help you pull through this. What I know for certain is that that core is still there, because without it, you wouldn't be asking this question. And as long as you have that core, there's hope. So what you do is try to find ways to nurture that core instead of hurting it. Best of luck.