At what point should I seek help for how I feel?

Lindsay Simon, LMFT

I work from a holistic perspective to help my clients heal from various mental, emotional, and relationship problems. My style is direct,honest, supportive, and nonjudgmental.

Anonymous
My doctor once said and I'll never, ever forget it: "If something ruins your daily life, which includes social relationships, relationship with family, with yourself, functioning on work and stuff like that, that means there is pathology that needs to be cured". And he's right ! So that's my answer. When you see your symptoms are ruining your daily life. And also, you should seek help when you FEEL that you need to seek help. I hope you all reading this get the right treatment.
ChristopherP
You should always seek help if you feel you need it. There is no point where you need to be helped, you know when you need to.
mdl129
It is never too early to seek help. Try and get out in front of the feelings before they get worse.
Bawmba
When you begin to sense that these feelings are interfering with your every day enjoyment of life and the things that you love.
mvalle18
I believe a person should seek help when it starts to interfere with your everyday life or routine.
FrancescaGabrielle
It's perfectly okay to not feel okay, I want you to know that... You are not alone in all this. But if you're waking up everyday with feelings of unexplainable sadness or having thoughts of harming yourself or others, TALK TO SOMEBODY! It is never too early to seek help for how you are feeling. I know this sounds cheesy, but even just talking to anyone about the way you're feeling: a therapist, a teacher, a parent, a sibling, a friend, even a listener on 7 Cups of Tea, ANYONE... can dramatically help! I hope you start to feel better soon. Feel free to private message me if you'd like to continue talking. Things do get better. Believe me. Best Wishes, Francesca Gabrielle
Wideawake4Life
I think that we seek help when we are stuck and we are aware that we need help. If I am stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire, I can solve the problem by getting the spare tire and replacing it. But, what if I don't know how to change a flat tire or my spare is also flat? Clearly, I need help. Now, I could call AAA or call a friend for help. In the same way, if I am dealing with feeling anxiety or depression, I need to call for help to help me cope or resolve my situation.
loveguru
instead of asking for help or advice literally you should just start discussing your problems as soon as you realise there is or might be one. This will help you to look at the situation differently and options available to you and probably find your own solutions at the earliest.
Gabagaba
If you feel like you need more help outside of cups of tea, it's usually a point when you feel like you need it, You are the expert on you.
Sara889
Many times, our feelings and emotions can get in the way of how we go through our daily lives. Whenever you start feeling like you can't go on or like your life is becoming unbearable, that is the time to begin consider seeking professional help. A therapist can help you understand your emotions better and help you find ways to cope with your feelings in a healthy way.
ChrisRabin
At any point that you need new perspective. There are never times when we feel we can be 100% correct. We should embrace this and look to others for help
sailorm00n
If your feelings are impacting your life, if they are holding you back from doing what you would normally able to do, or lowering your performance, then you should seek help. If you find yourself considering dangerous choices such as self harm or even suicide, seek help as soon as possible.
colorfulcrocs
Before things get worse. Let your parents or a trusted adult or guidance or teacher, whoever you trust most. It's always good to seek help before things get ugly.
Anonymous
At any point you like! Even if it's just to talk to someone, vent it, and reflect on your own behavior thusfar.
Jessica009
You should seek help for how you feel when it starts interfering with your ability to live happily and when you know that you're ready to get better.
Anonymous
If you feel any urge to hurt yourself or others, it's a good idea to get some help. If you're always sad or just need a friend, it'd be beneficial to try and make friends with a listener here, so that you'll always have someone to talk to. I'm open for whenever, send me an offline chat and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!
Anonymous
You should seek help for how you feel when it begins to jeopardize your and others well being because your mental health is as important as physical health.
kittykat
If how you feel is impacting your day-to-day functioning and quality of life, then you should seek help. Reaching out to a mental health professional is the best course of action, but if you don't have access to this kind of care, then community support is excellent. (Ideally you'd be able to have a mix of the two!) And even if your daily life isn't impacted, the ability to vent and have a support network is imperative to the managing and processing of your emotions. Don't feel ashamed of reaching out to your friends, family, or listeners on the Web.
Anonymous
If you're asking yourself that question, then chances are, it's time. The moment you realize you have a problem would be a good time to take care of it.
Saraahh
When you start to notice that your feeling are effecting your life and you cant do anything to stop it and live your life normally.
Wilburt
It can be tough to know when to seek help for emotional issues. In my experience it is best to confide in someone early, even if it is just a mate. Its good to have at least one person watching out for you and knowing that things aren't all smooth sailing. The threshold for seeking professional help (counselor or doctor) is a bit trickier to work out. Basically if things are getting so bad in your head that you can't function as well as you usually would in day to day activities then its a good time to get some professional help. And remember; If you ever feel so low or stressed that you think about harming yourself or others then definitely seek immediate help.
fayshel
at that point when you feel like you need to talk to someone, talking to someone really help relieve the burden of the issue in your heart or how you feel. after talking you not only feel supported but relieved too. you should seek help immediately you feel the urge to share or when you feel it is becoming too much on you
Anonymous
I feel that you should seek for help when you believe that you cannot handle it on your own or you feel like you would feel better if someone was there to help. When you go under duress or begin to worry, I feel there is never a bad time to reach out, even if you think it is too soon.
Fallgum
when ever you think it is necessary, because if you do it because others want it, it will never help you.
FlickeringCandle
When how you feel gets in the way of you living a normal life. If it is holding you back, you should get help.
HelpfulCow
If you feel like your emotions are taking too much controll over you. If you feel like you can't handle the emotions on your own. And certainly if you have thoughts about suicide or self-harm.
Anonymous
At any point that you feel you need to. If you feel yourself getting out of control, it is best to seek help. It could change your life and make you feel great!
Anonymous
You can seek help at anytime. Seeking help at an earlier time can prevent you from worsening. Just make sure that the people you ask take this seriously.
Anonymous
Whenever your feelings begin to seriously hamper your everyday life or you start to entertain thoughts of self-harm or suicide. Really, whenever you begin to feel overwhelmed by your emotions is the point at which you should get help.
Anonymous
The moment you feel like you can honestly not deal with your feelings by yourself. When you start doubting yourself and you cant seem to even focus on anything. It is also a good idea to just share feelings at any time, whenever you are feeling sad or anything negative really.