How can I do community service online?

How can I do community service online?

Lisa Page, Licensed Mental Health Counselor

I am a compassionate, solution-focused therapist, with over 17 years experience in the field of Mental Health counseling. I provide nonjudgmental support and education.

Anonymous
Easiest answer ever............................... Become a volunteer listener for 7 Cups of Tea! =)
Anonymous
You can try reading this article. Hope it helps! http://www.unitedway.org/blog/3-ways-to-do-community-service-online
Anonymous
Community service especially online is in a broad range and can be done in various forms. For example helping people in their challenging and difficult time as a volunteer listener through a beneficial and genuine website is also one of the way of community service . Besides that, spreading awareness through social media on behalf of causes that matters such as health care cost, the quality of education or low income group concerns in the community, helps to create an awareness in the social media. Getting involved in a website that helps people with anxiety and depression by helping the in any possible way as a volunteer also helps to create a positive impact in the community service.
MelissaElissa17
You may do so by helping others such as going to www.7Cupsoftea.com or any other related sites like this, this is a great way to help people emotionally, and this is a form of community service online.
LauraMSW87
If you're talking about court-ordered community service, I'm not sure that online is an option. If it's court-ordered, usually the court will have a list of approved placements and paperwork you'll need. Volunteering online is much easier. There are websites like volunteermatch.com that can help you locate volunteer opportunities both online and in your local area. One of the best ways is to make a list of the skills you have and then try to locate volunteer opportunities based on those skills you possess. For example, website creation and management, fund raising, or recruiting.
KDillinea
You can help by going on Twitter and randomly complimenting people; it's making their day. Or you can do a bit more and start an account directly for that, and helping people or just being there for them. Little things make a huge difference.
lovexEmily
Even simple listening, and being there will count as community service. You just have to be patient and then want to sincerely help others in need, not to judge, and be unhelpful to others. :D
Anonymous
Online classes could be an option. I've also heard of this website called Chloe & Isabel. It's a website where you can become a merchandiser and sell jewelry from their collections.
Anonymous
Become a part of one of the many webgroups that offer community service. Such as becoming a listener on 7cups and being part of the team!
Anonymous
Simply by sharing a message on Facebook or a tweet on twitter about a charity can raise awareness. Donate money to charities or support a welfare :)
MusicMajor
I feel like community service online is even better than a physical community because of the fact that the online community is so huge with many options! If you would like to do community service, I would say first find a way to give to a community. 7Cups is amazing because you can give yourself to guests/members and help them figure themselves and their situations out. If you want another type of community service, I would look for a website with a big community of people that you relate to/ care about, and start a service project of some sort. You might want to ask them and talk to the community and start off by asking what they would like help with. Hope that helps! "\ml/"
Anonymous
If you check your local community website, they sometimes post opportunities for you to reach out to
Midichan
I don't know what your version of community service is. But if you want to help others you can always take a test to be a listener on 7 cups of tea. You can also go to a website called freerice.com for every question that is answered correctly they donate 10 grains of rice. It adds up pretty quickly.
Anonymous
You can try to google or search related search engines to see if there are any resources available in your area.
Ali
Joining fabulous sites just like 7 Cups of Tea! There's plenty of organizations and resources that need your help, and starting involvement online can eventually become something bigger!
Florallyme
It's great that you want to contribute to community services online! Perhaps the best place to start is do some research on services or programs out there available, that fits your specific skill sets. 7 cups is definitely a great place to start; you make immediate impact by being a listener, and you're basically contributing to a global community that collaboratively want to make this world a better place.
Anonymous
August 22nd, 2015 8:55pm
You can check , but i think 7cupsoftea it self is a good community service. I is very easy to used and it had all the required information plus assistance from other listeners too.
Anonymous
Well by being here I am doing community service, even though none of us feel like we are doing anything special we really are able to help people fro all over the world
sharkfriend
You can join 7 Cups of Tea as a listener, and get online training for specific things. Then you can help people by listening to their problems and helping them find the cause and helping them feel better! :)
Anonymous
If you'd like, you can do community service right here on 7 Cups of Tea if you become a listener! :)
PeaceForYou
There are a number of ways. You could volunteer on this website as a listener, get involved in charity work through social media, reply to forum posts that you care about, petition for a cause you care about.....
TeenageDreamer
Well, it is a little known fact that one can do community service online. In small but important ways, anyone can help the causes they care about with just a computer and the right intention. Here are some ideas for getting involved today. Advocate via Social Media Whether it is health care costs, the quality of education or low-income groups of concern in the community, advocate on behalf of causes that matter. A simple tweet or Facebook post raises awareness and makes a difference. If everyone worked to spread the word about the United Way's goals via social media, imagine the impact it would make. Contact Congress about Important Issues The United States Congress needs to hear more about the issues affecting communities around the country, such as the health risks faced by American youth. Emailing a member of Congress is one way to champion this important cause. Give to a worthy cause No one is too busy to help make the community, the country and the world a better place. Anyone can find a few minutes to do some community service online. Of course, there is always more to do, but something is better than nothing. So think about getting involved today.
Anonymous
You can join as a listener here on 7 cups to help people or if there's anything that you really like doing then you can search that and find something that you can do
BharadwajS
September 2nd, 2015 8:35am
I am glad that you wish to do community service online. Fortunately, there are a lot of ways the Internet has made this simple. Micro-volunteering is a concept where you can spend 30, 10 or even just 2 minutes to help someone, by either voicing your opinion or running an errand for a non-profit or business. If you are interested, some sites I personally use are SkillsForChange.com and HelpFromHome.org, both sites where various non-profits and organisations pitch in their need for volunteers to run mini errands. Even 7 Cups here is probably community service! Nothing more nobler that lending a compassionate shoulder for the depressed.
Freedom4UrSouL
Believe it or not, you are servicing the community when you're in search of answers. Personally, no matter how low I'm feeling at any moment and an opportunity comes for me to help someone, it always makes me feel better. I forget about my issues, for the moment, and focus on helping and that, makes me better in many ways. Balance is the key to achieving peace. Life is about inputs and outputs, zeros and ones, ups and downs, etc...without one, there is no other. One day you might feel like an input or an output, a zero or a one or you might feel up or down but know, you are always servicing the community when you take action in helping yourself or others. B-Blessed & Safe
EnlightenedVisions
The definition of community service is "voluntary work intended to help people." I see 7 cups of tea as a great way to do that. Voluntarily help people by hoping to make their lives better, hoping to have their lips defy gravity and smile. This is how I can do community service online. What do you think?
Anonymous
There are many ways that you can engage in community service. The best ways to find some are using search engines like google.
Anonymous
http://www.unitedway.org/blog/3-ways-to-do-community-service-online I found that this post has great resources. Additionally, contacting local agencies and asking if you can manage any online data collection or other services often works.
Anonymous
You may sign up as a listener here on 7 Cups of Tea and actively help people get through their situations by listening to them.
ElizabetHale
Advocate via Social Media Whether it is health care costs, the quality of education or low-income groups of concern in the community, advocate on behalf of causes that matter. A simple tweet or Facebook post raises awareness and makes a difference. If everyone worked to spread the word about the United Way's goals via social media, imagine the impact it would make. Contact Congress about Important Issues The United States Congress needs to hear more about the issues affecting communities around the country, such as the health risks faced by American youth. Emailing a member of Congress is one way to champion this important cause. Anyone can find the time to send an email from work, home or during that long bus ride home after school. Give to a worthy cause Passionate about health, income and education issues facing the community? Support United Way today. Even small donations make a difference in the lives of others. No one is too busy to help make the community, the country and the world a better place. Anyone can find a few minutes to do some community service online. Of course, there is always more to do, but something is better than nothing. So think about getting involved today.