How can I help people online in need?

How can I help people online in need?

Zeina Ghoul, LLPC

I help guide clients to create positive change in a non-judgmental and supportive atmosphere.

MaeveTheBrave
Join 7 Cups of Tea as a Listener and begin helping people who need someone today!
Bella20
You can join a site like this one and become a listener and help people through problems you may have gone through yourself.
lovexEmily
You can start by simply listening to people and if they need any advice or help refer them to professionals who have the training and experience to help them.
fantasticLynx43
Being there for them. Just talking them through things. Just being a friend can really help someone.
gloriousOasis81
You can help them by being a friend and listen carefully to he/she. You can help them by listening to what they have to say.
Jennalovely2
If you want to help people in need, you can sign up to become a trained and active listener here at 7 Cups!!
ListeningOak
There are plenty of ways to help people online in my opinion, I think volunteering on this site or a similar site is one way but I also think that kindness and politeness on other forums, blogs and websites is another form of kindness, telling someone that you appreciate their writing, that you thought "X" about their blog or that you were impressed. very often the internet is a place of anonymous hostility I think that together we can make it a nicer place for all of us with a little added compassion and understanding.
Larzy
You can become a listener on this site or other sites and listen to people problems :)
Anonymous
Provide support, allow them to express their emotions, give them solutions and help them come to conclusions and form a plan for success. End the conversation by providing them with further resources.
ConallBranagin
Listen to them, allow them to vent, do not take it personally. Have resources available to offer them. Be aware that they may not be looking for direct help, sometimes they just need to vent. Do not forget your own self care and to remind them of their own as well.
TamaHawk
Be the ear that they need. Sometimes that is all it takes... Just someone to listen. Everyone has felt at some point in their lives that they wish they had a larger support system or just one person to share with. Regardless if its work related, family, or personal issues. Talking about them will reduce the amount of stress guaranteed.
kindHeart33
People online can often be helped just by being an active listener. Sometimes, people will ask if you know where they could go for professional help, or what techniques they could use to reduce the urge to self-harm, and that's where I typically enlist the help of Google and it's brilliant list of search results. Remember to ask first if they would like your help in finding resources as some will already have an idea of what will help them. Most importantly, if someone is in need of more serious help, or help you're not qualified to give, make sure to send them to the right place immediately! Talk of suicide can be very serious and you need to make sure you member/guest speaks with someone right away to get the help necessary. Google helps me to quickly find the right hotline to refer my members/guests to. Don't be scared to ask for clarification either, or if you feel there's another listener that can better help out, offer to refer your guest. There's no shame in that! Everyone is experienced in their own fields and some of us specialize in relationships while others specialize in work related stress. Listeners can be just as diverse as our members/guests. Keep it fun, safe, and do your best!
heycrysteezy
Honestly, just letting someone know that you're there goes a long way. Letting them know you're there, and just lending an ear is all anyone can ask for, especially in those vulnerable states when we think we need advice, but in reality we just want to get it off our chest and suddenly, we can exhale and think about it clearly.
heavenlyEagle22
helping someone online can work when you give them methods or guidelines of how to go about certain things. Also by allowing them to share their stories with you and providing the best possible way of how to deal with things or what they think would be best for them at this point in their lives.
zdla
By being a listener and listening to others problems and getting in touch with their emotions you can potentially save a life or help someone in need.
tealcolouredsea
We can help people online by being understanding and empathetic. We might not have always been in the persons situation but we can always try to put our self in the other persons shoes. If they feel understood and know that we care then they will hopefully feel happier, supported and less alone in tackling their problems :)
lesvanilla
August 23rd, 2015 1:42am
Listen. We are so used to replying immediately, to composing 140 character retorts. It's just as (if not more) important to actually take the time to hear what people are truly saying. They will thank you for it, and you will thank yourself for it.
Anonymous
Well, if you're interested, you've certainly come to the right place! 7 Cups is a wonderful place where you can help people out online as a trained, active listener. Take it from me-- I am one. (;
sunkissedearth
Lending an ear is the best way to really help someone. In today's busy world not everyone is lucky to have a friend who can really take time out of their busy schedule to listen and advice. Although it is difficult to communicate in details with some people who can be either shy or resistant in sharing their stories but listening and encouraging them to vent their feelings can actually help them analyze their own innermost thoughts and help them act accordingly. One should refrain from advising as it may not be justified at times and instead should focus more on active listening and empathizing which people nowadays look for.
starryKoala69
Sometimes we spend our lives trying to find that support we need during harsh phases of our lives... online chatting is a boon in such cases. we keep thinking if we would be judged if we tell our family or friends. but here we can express ourselves without the fear of being judged. people care and are kind on online chatting support forums, sometimes more than ones around us...
insightfulSunshine33
You can help by being understanding and by not trying to force answers on them. Make them feel like this is a safe environment for them to speak whats on their minds
Anonymous
Here at 7 Cups, you can become a trained Listener. It requires some training, but it's very easy and enjoyable! Listeners receive General Requests, from anybody who needs help, and they can choose however many people they would like to help from that list. On the other hand, Listeners can also receive Personal Requests, meaning that someone has browsed the Listeners and has chosen you to personally chat with.
Anonymous
7 cups of tea, whisper app & many other apps & sites are there where you can help people. Always remember people who wants to help are mostly less hen platforms to help :)
Florallyme
A great way to start is being a Listener at 7 cups of tea! It's definitely a worthwhile cause to sign up with. There are so many people in the world who are reaching out for help. Another way to help people online would be to sign up at various websites promoting mental health and wellbeing, such as ReachOut.com, and Beyondblue in Australia. These websites have community forums where your contributions would be valued.
sereene
I can reach out to them and allow them to become comfortable with their problems and solve them as well. I can be helpful by being an emphatic person to talk to when they are in need of help.
TomArtofPeace
Be there for them, suggest they do things that are healthy for them ie sleep, help others, do their homework, exercise, go for a walk, listen to music, do a hobby, find a new hobby, express via art or poetry, play some music, have a good talk with a close one. If in dire need direct them to the appropriate hotline. Most of all just care for them and let them know you care often :) Oh don't give up please, you may just save a life.
September 2nd, 2015 3:03am
You can go online and google place that allow you to help others online. 7 CUPS OF TEA is a great choice to help others on line.
Chrissy1993
I can listen to them and share my expirences. I can help them to find a way to move forward. I can tell them what has helped me. I can point them in the right direction to get help.
slightlyodd99
All you have to do is listen to them. Register as a listener, and try to be as sympathetic and empathetic as much as possible, realize that these are people in need
Anonymous
been empathic, respectful and help that person with they need not giving advices just helping the person to find a solution