How can I help people online in need?

How can I help people online in need?

Zeina Ghoul, LLPC

I help guide clients to create positive change in a non-judgmental and supportive atmosphere.

plushTouch35
Listening to them and directing them to any appropriate resources are two ways that people online can be helped.
Kaysha
Why don't you join 7 Cups! This website does just that, all you have to do is sign up and complete the Listener Course.
LittleGreenElf
When somebody needs help online, I'm always a listening ear and to be there as a friend. I love helping!
Skybringslight
Seven cups of Tea is a perfect resource for that. Sign up to be a listener, and change hundreds of lives!
BenListens
You could always direct them here! You could help even more by becoming a listener yourself, and just listening to them.
BugabooRex
By making sure they know you are there to listen to them and to try help them to the best of your abilities. Also, be sure to try and ask them more without invading personal boundaries as a lot of the time someone will need a listening ear that won't judge against them, who they can tell their worries and concerns to.
Anonymous
You can help people online with counseling, kind, empathy, love and affection. Nothing is better than love when you help others.
Anonymous
Become a listener on 7 Cups of Tea! It's really easy to set up a profile, you're given training courses to complete online, and then you can go straight into chatting with people who need support.
sweetlovecami24
support them :) , help them , love them , listen them and specially send them a big warm internet hug
Anonymous
Becoming a Listener on here is a great way if you're interested! Making a social media account to help stop bullying and report bullying accounts is also a way to help out:) Simply making an Instagram or Tumblr or Twitter (any social media) and telling people that you are willing to help those in need can go a long way for a few people, especially if they're feeling depressed and isolated with no friends/family to be able to talk to.
Anonymous
Most of the Time, a user doesn't even solve the problem. Simply saying what is troubling them and the seeing it typed out helps calm them and make them feel more in control.
HaileyJS
Just be there for them. Have open arms, make them feel wanted. Listen to them and let them know you care.
intelligentReeds12
You can sign up to be a listener on 7cups to help many people out with issues they are dealing with as I am you. There are also blogs online where people post thins they are dealing with or have questions to that you can answer. So many people are out there who appreciate what you can and are willing to do for them.
Anonymous
Well, 7 Cups is a place. Have I not been asked this exact question before, 7 Cups? I am afraid that is a yes.
Short
An easy way to help others in need via online would be to join sites like this. Other ways would be to donate money to nonprofits, but we all know that not everyone can afford that. Some nonprofits need people to help with their social media sites or writings to local businesses, so if you can't get out of the house too often, this is a perfect way to help your community.
Bunnylove22
Ask them what brings them. Relate talk listen and respond :).
HelpWisely
The best that you can do is to be there for them, to listen, to show empathy and compassion and to just be a friend who is present without any judgment or condemnation.
kindRose22
come make an account on 7 cups of tea. also crisis chat is another good website to help people in need
paracho1
By genuinely listening. By providing support and encouragement in their struggle.Acknowledgement of the other person is key. A feeling of them not being alone .
hopefulMoment62
Just by lending your ear to listen, with no judgement! Everybody needs someone to talk to, even if a stranger offers it online
xMonaSx
To help those in need online, you must make an account and take the training courses on this site and pass to become a certified member
Anonymous
Do anything and everything I can. Even if it is hard, even if it takes hours, or even days. It's worth it in the end because you know you helped someone.
friendlyMelody47
i have found, in my experience that the best websites offering online support are, 7cups.com, ingenio.com, or keen.com!
Anonymous
October 22nd, 2015 6:16am
By actively listening to them, being supportive, empathetic and understanding of the difficult situations they're getting through.
catsandcoffee17
You can listen to them, and helping them find their path. Remember to not give advice! You can always ask them how they are and finding a way to make them feel better.
Rxyston
You can help people by signing up to be a listener right here on 7cups! It's completely free and easy and all for a good cause. Every little helps.
llsilenceBrokenll
You can start by asking simple questions, such as, "What can i help you with?" Which is always the best start.
Wenaria
I try to understand them, to put myself in their place. It is important to show compassion. To act as a good friend. I always do my best to act as a friend.
zaix
You can help them work through their problems and be that person that they can come to and talk about whatever and not judge them by your own biased opinion.
Namaste777
Be compassionate, and empathetic about what they're going through. Show them that you care, and treat them like a friend. Give them your undivided attention, and do your best to actively listen without giving advice.