How can you pick yourself up out of a bad mood when you're busy at work?

Germany

Nathalie Dramis, Diploma

Helping people is my passion. I believe that anyone can benefit from therapy and counseling. My approach is holistic and tailored to you and your specific needs.

Anonymous
Try to remember why you're working. Maybe it's to make money so you can buy something you've been saving up for. Maybe it's to stay busy and socialize a bit. Whatever the reason, try to reconnect with it.
Sarraahh
Hello! Sometimes, when I'm down and at school or work, I look through photos of my family or pets on my phone. I even listen to music with headphones if I can, that always helps! Using positive affirmations in my head works pretty well too. The important thing is to get home and take care of yourself, have a bath and wash the day away x
Anonymous
Pick my self up about of a bad mood while at work by thinking of others I can help and my family. Maybe even taking a break.
Anonymous
Try to count one to ten or even more when your still in a bad mood. Or maybe even take a moment to breathe and relax, just for a few minutes and maybe play with something for example a stress ball.
Anonymous
when i get stressed out at work, I will find a quick funny video on youtube. something under 2 minutes to break up the stress.
Anonymous
Since your facial muscles communicate directly with your brain, you can trick yourself into feeling happy by smiling. However, doing so can also repress your feelings and allow negativity to ‘leak’ into other areas of your life. For best results, think happy thoughts that naturally prompt a smile, turning up your mouth and crinkling your eyes for at least 30 seconds.
GentleKiteFly
You think of one happy thought that makes you feel better. Keep a list of things to cheer you up. :D
tammy0hopeisreal
We all have those days when we aren't feeling so great, but we still have to get our responsibilities done, so I know how dreadful it can be. You could try to keep your mind busy at work and "block" what's causing you to be in a bad mood. Sometimes making conversation with your coworkers can make you feel a little better--a simple greeting, etc.
Anonymous
sometimes when it's too much, i walk to find a quiet spot and cry it out. just to release.
bluelotus99
at work it might be hard. listen to a nice song that you love for a second. take a small break, close your eyes and center yourself. brief breathing exercises help a lot in these situations. you can also strike a conversation with your colleagues and make some jokes.
plumflower
Try thinking of someone extremely funny that happened in your life or something you saw in a movie. Personally I do this at school and it helps me out so much.
thoughtfulDreamer
Whenever i'm in a bad mood, i bring my focus on my breath and my body as a whole. It's one of the skill you acquire from meditating daily.
Anonymous
Try this technique called grounding. Find 1 thing to taste, 2 things to smell, 3 things to hear, 4 things to touch and 5 things to see.
WorkInProgress11
When I'm in a bad mood at work, I often find it helpful to plug in my earphones and listen to some music that I like or a funny podcast if I'm not doing something that requires my full mental attention. This can distract me from whatever I'm upset about while still keeping me productive.
AntidoteTowardsTheDark
If something bothers me a lot, I let myself be bothered. I don't fight it. And so, I let it pass. I don't believe in concealing or holding in emotions. What is inspired in your mind must be expressed, even negativity such as sadness or angst. So if I'm busy at work, I'd probably just hide in the bathroom and cry and let it out. Once I'm done, I'd wash my face, get a snack if I can, get a cup of tea, whatever that helps refresh my mood, and start working again.
FreeSmiles77
Remember why you're there and how much you need the job, focus on your goals and ignore whatever life is throwing at you, think about your family and your well-being, and always remember you can be having a bad day but there is no such thing as a bad life. smile.
Anonymous
Try doing something you enjoy that can take your mind off of your bad mood, doing things for yourself can make you feel significantly better after a hard day!
Anonymous
You can pick yourself up out of a bad mood when you're at work by self-guiding yourself on how you want to become at the end of the day and setting goals for it.