How common is depression, am I really alone?

Jui Shankar, Ph.D

My worldview offers a systems perspective that values diverse clients and their struggles. I believe supportive and nonjudgmental therapeutic relationships empower clients.

Anonymous
Depression is extremely common, and so is anxiety. Depression affects more than 16 million adults each year. I promise, you are never alone. So many are willing to help you through your unhappiness. Trust me.
Day4Tea
You are not alone! Depression hits many people on many levels. It comes & goes. Sometimes it seems to be all you can think about and then there are times when it has completely left your body & mind. Not matter what stage you find yourself in, know that you are never alone! And there are people all around who can help you.
endearingKitty92
Depression is really common and almost all people have it at least once in their lives. You shouldn't feel alone.
Alexisheretohelpyou2
January 31st, 2017 1:06pm
Depression is very common in teens and young adults. You are never alone, I promise. Depression is something unfortunately 350 million people go through worldwide, including me. Don't feel alone, and PLEASE don't isolate yourself from people. Even if you're antisocial, isolation can make you develop feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, and depression. Even if you're just getting out of the house to go to church or the movies, just don't be alone. Stay strong and stay safe! Please call a helpline if things get too bad, you life is worth so much and doesn't deserve to be thrown away. You're never alone, I'm sure there's plenty of people on 7cups that will stand by you. It's just a storm we have to wait out.
Connover
"I may be lonely, but at least I know I'm not alone." There are SO SO SO many people out there suffering just like you. Better, worse, whatever. In this wide, huge, gigantic world, there is not possible way you are the only one. You may be unique as a person, but you are not alone!
UntilThen
Depression is very common.There are so many people even just on 7cups that are here for depression support. You are not in any way alone.
Recall
Depression is really common, the signs and symptoms aren't always visible therefore you don't know if someone is suffering from depression. You're not alone at all! 7cups is here for you, feel free to connect to a listener :)
RheanaHazel
Depression is extremely common. One in every 3 people will struggle with depression and/or other mental health disorders in their life. And a greater percentage of people have family members or friends who are also going through this. You have doctors, teachers, parents, friends, who really care and will halp you through it :) Just talk, we are all here.
sunshineBreeze69
About 350 million people in the world have it. You might feel alone, but trust me you definitely are not alone!
Allears247
You most definitely not alone. Depression is extremely common and most people experience some form of depression at least once in their life.
KeepDreaming18
Depression is more common than most people believe. Did you know 20% of teens experience depression and about 18% or 40 million adults suffer from depression? You are never alone in this fight, and those who care for you are going to stand by you. I promise.
ConallBranagin
January 2nd, 2019 12:04am
Depression is very common. There are different types of depression. It does not mean the typical thought of severe medical depression. It can be a saddness labelled as depression, but may be temporary. It can also be a lack of action. Depression comes in so many forms, that it is common. It does not however deminish what derpession is and how terrible it can feel and many things it can seemingly control. There are methods to help those who feel depressed. Therapist, possibly medds if decided on by a therapist and client. Sometimes even talking can help, but if it is medical and chronic talk is a only a bandaid but a good addition to other methods.