How do I find the motivation to keep going?

Serene Sarah George, Diploma in Counseling Skills (DCS), Pursuing MA in Psychology

Mental health counselor who believes in supporting people to think through their emotional challenges and empowering them to find resolutions or effective coping mechanisms.

Anonymous
Sometimes you don't. Sometimes no matter how much you struggle you can't feel this sparkling ball of energy. And that's okay. You have depression, so it's completely normal. But it doesn't mean you can't keep going. You just need to lower your daily goals a little. It's better to be gentle and realistic with yourself. Instead of conquering the world, focus on conquering your tiny, manageable tasks. Then you'll be able to get done what you can get done, and you will feel much better doing it ^^ You don't have to be motivated. You just need to know that depression will pass, as everything in this universe.
Spiderman93
Try and remember that there is always something better in store for you. It may be hard to realize this at first, but there is. Life gets tough at times, and thats ok. things cant stay bad forever. keep your head up and stay awesome!
Care4You17
I know that when I feel sad and unmotivated, I remind myself of the positive things that make me happy in life (like what I love to do and who I love) to remind myself that no matter what, life is worth living, even if at that moment it may seem otherwise.
Anonymous
I find the motivation to keep going, by simply taking each day as they come. The best thing to do is to find something positive each day, no matter how trivial those things may be.
Life705
Think about the people that love, respect and care about you. Whenever I feel down and have trouble getting motivated they are a great source of strength and positive energy. Think about all the new experiences you are still going to make in the course of your life. Remember that it is normal to feel low at times, and that this is not going to last forever. Better times are always awaiting us and we will emerge out of the pain and struggle as stronger persons.
LifeWithoutYouIsNewToo
Think positively about the next day coming, don't always assume it's going to be a terrible day. Work hard to avoid doing things that'll only hurt your day.
healingAngel22
My motivation is that helping others makes me feel great and that I actually am helping others and making them feel better.
gracefulAngel96
One way to find the motivation to keep going is to set goals that inspire you. Think of the dreams you had growing up, the dreams you have now, and set your goals in line with these dreams. They don't have to be grandiose or life-changing goals, something as little as cooking your favorite meal once a week, can really help with the achieving of long term goals. The little pick-me-ups in life are really the big ones in the long run.
CielIsMe
When I need the motivation to continue I remember that if I am already at rock bottom there is no where else to go but up.
Anonymous
You are worth it. We are all worth it. One voice can save a nation. One heart can save a life. Join me.
kaasifer
Try focusing on the goal rather than focusing on the path that leads there. It might seem hard or even impossible, but if you focus on what you're trying to achieve, every obstacle in your way is worth overcoming. Stay focused, and stay strong.
Anonymous
It is on You to keep it going , to keep yourself motivated even when there is nothing left and you feel like giving up
StayForWhatsLeftToBeGold
Tell yourself not to give up, keep holding on and motivate yourself. Tell yourself it's worth it. Do not be negative!
JustAskSam
Always think positive thoughts when I wake up.. I also try to do something new daily in order to build my confidence.
Anonymous
Just remember this is not the end tomorrow is another day. reward youself. set a goal and when you reach it reward yourself
gentleRainbow43
Focus on 2 things that are good in your life and each day try to add to that list start simple. Like I am alive and have internet to access this site.
fearlessPineapple2752
Know that it always gets better. And that you can do anything you want. Find a hobby, a passion, something to keep you going for as long as it can. And if it don't work anymore, find a new passion to obsess over.
Makayla124
Make a list of everything good in life no matter how small or stupid. If you're thankful for dogs, you're thankful for dogs. Find a big thing out of a little thing and use every ounce of positivity you can find to keep going.
Alyssa9
In order to keep going you need to think about everything. Think about all the things you love. Focus on those things and nothing else. Think about your family, friends, pets. Think about anything that will keep you going. Go for a run, read a book, color, watch TV. Do anything and everything that you love. Remeber that there are still good things in the world even if it doesn't seem like it.
Briannacheer
one thing to help you and motivate you to keep going in life is to set goals and think about the people and things you truly care about.
nugatti
Find the things that motivates you and makes you happy. Talk to loved ones about it for them to help you in the best way. Reach out for people who are important to you and seek help!
Anonymous
My fellow listeners are helping me. As well as my friends on Twitter. They've kept me going this while time and continue to do so.
iLouisee
I realise that it isn't always going to be like this and things will always get better eventually.
KaptainKurt1
I find motivation in family, friends, and God. God is the one who (in my own terms) keeps me alive, and gives me hope through dark times. Friends and family are there for me as well, and they make life that much more enjoyable. Plus, I have what I call my "reason for existence" which pushes me to do better for those around me.
Anonymous
Motivation is a tricky thing. It all depends on what you believe in, what you'd do anything for. Personally for me, it's my family and my future. I have high hopes for myself so that really helps keep me going. For you, look to your family, or someone close to you, and work for them, then look to yourself. You are just as important as anybody, and work for yourself. For your needs. You are the only one who knows what best works for you so, just look deep within yourself. It'll be ok, just repeat that "I am important, I can seize the day"