How do I stop hating myself?

How do I stop hating myself?

Tracy-Kate Teleke, M.A., LMFT

I assist adults and couples in CA experiencing relationship challenges and interpersonal struggles including anxiety, depression, and a myriad of other life challenges.

ConnerAlexzander
Every morning and every evening (or every time you pass one) look into the mirror and say (out loud) "I love ____ about myself." It doesn't always have to be different, if you are concerned about your weight, say that you love your body as many times as you need for it to be true.
Engineeringhappiness
by focusing on the positives about yourself... try and be the better version of yourself
Anonymous
You stop hating yourself by gaining confidence, and by trying to look at the positive aspects about yourself.
PRUNE4BEE
By looking at the beauty instead of focusing on the flaws. It is much easier to hate oneself until you find love for the self. Until you realize you don't need to be PERFECT to be perfect!
shadowgryphon
I truly do not know...I workout, I fix my hair and face. My mate tells me all the time, how beautiful I am. And, the things that make me hate myself, run over and over in my mind; making me hate myself all the more. So my idea is to get out and meet people who genuinely like me. I will get off to a slow start by not flashing cash or offering to pay.
Anonymous
Learn that you are loved by so many people and learn your importance. You mean so much to people. Start reflecting your love for others on yourself.
DrumBhudda
You have to learn how to love others. It may seem counter-intuitive at first, but there are many things which we detest in others that are actually a reflection of your own personal biases. In learning to be compassionate toward those things you often unravel the things which are hindering in your own mindset.
Craftsman
You can stop hating yourself by loving yourself and by being confident in whatever you do. Think about the reasons why you hate yourself and try to reverse those.
Anonymous
Set goals for yourself, Don't be so hard on yourself. Try to complete those goals.
Anonymous
You have to learn that loving yourself and caring about yourself is the most important thing in life.
compassionateSunshine76
there is no reason for hating ourselves as we are the best creature in this world, mean it or not. But if in any case we feel like this then we need to recall ourselves the most consistent person to follow us in our sorrows and enjoying every single bit of our happiness, no matter what everybody say, is 'we'.
Anonymous
You start by learning to love yourself, it's hard, but you just have to. You start by looking at your positive attributes, but you shouldn't neglect the negative ones, you improve on them. Once you're able to stop seeing yourself negatively, there you go, you not only stop hating yourself, you started loving yourself, because that should be the way :)
Nosh
You realize how freaking awesome you are. That's all you have to do. We all feel like this, ya just gotta push through it.
Anonymous
Start by being grateful of good things that you have got. Don't forget to stay positive, because a mind is a powerful tool that either can break you or build you
Anonymous
Instead of thinking about the bad focus on everyone and everything that makes you feel good :).
Anonymous
Try changing your way of thinking. For every negative thing you think about yourself, come up with at least one positive.
alwaysafriend4u
first you have to change the way you see yourself (in your mind's eye) and change the way you see others. improve your self-image. improve your self esteem: make decisions decisively based on your judgement (not what other people say/think/ approve ) , do not waste your time "sitting on the fence" - contemplating "what if this / what if that " - putting yourself down. actualize yourself engage in creative doing, express your true talent.
neverendingSunrise99
If you won't stop liking yourself, nobody ever will. That's what life has shown me and it will show you too. By hating yourself you will end up being totally alone, without friends and lovers. Do you want it?
pandapopxx
Look for everything good you do, then you will come to realise that you want to do more to help people... There is always a way to better yoursselve. Whether it is helping someone carry shopping to their car or volunteering for an organisation
Anonymous
Keep on finding a hint of light in yourself. Cause you can't stop hating yourself if you don't. The first step is to love yourself first and free yourself from hatered.
ari88
You need to view yourself from a different perspective and know that your actions and your disorders do not define you. People love you and adore you for reasons, it's likely you have a close family member or friend that will always lift you up because they truly care about you. The people that hate you and turn you into something you're not because of their negativity, they don't mean anything in the end. Loving yourself is not guaranteed, is not promised and does not come with haste. You must work for it, like any other good thing that's worth doing. Love yourself. You are beautiful, and unique and worthy.
QueenBrokenDoll
Writing the positives in your journal, go to sleep and wake up telling yourself one compliment, do something you thought you couldn't, etc.
JK8287
Find out the truth about what you are, and you will see there is nothing to hate at all. Just forcing yourself to believe something doesn't work, but if you find the truth that holds up to all scrutiny beyond the shadow of a doubt, as truth always does, you are so beautiful inside.
forestmist
The best thing I could emotion is a process called "thought stopping". When you notice you are having a negative thought, do you best to stop it and replace it with a positive one. It is not easy, not at all, but with time it will get easier and soon you will learn to not hate yourself. :)
MysticalOracle
Find out why you hate yourself first then once you know the problem you can work on stopping it Know that there are 7 billion people on earth and not one is perfect so just be yourself and you will go far
Sassy001
Think of all your good characteristics.Accept yourself as you are and be kind to yourself.Realize we are all human and we all make mistakes at times,but they can help us learn and grow.
mylifeasbreanna
Tell yourself everyday you're beautiful!! Look at yourself in the mirror and smile. Breathe in and smile!!!!!
TheComedyTragedy
The path of self hate isn't easy to destroy. Learning to love yourself isn't easy and it might take a long time, many years even but is well worth it. Telling yourself you love yourself, trying to find the little things you do like about yourself and focusing upon them above the negatives is the only real way. Exercise can help, good eating habits that strengthen your mind and doing things you are proud of, that give a sense of achievement help too.
bountifulDreamer73
Know your doing your best and that everyone needs love even yourself so just give yourself a chance to be loved by you
SoulfulUnicorn15
By Loving Yourself. :')