How do I stop hating myself?

How do I stop hating myself?

Tracy-Kate Teleke, M.A., LMFT

I assist adults and couples in CA experiencing relationship challenges and interpersonal struggles including anxiety, depression, and a myriad of other life challenges.

Purplex
Distract your thoughts from getting to you. Believe in yourself. Find something worth living. Learn to accept you for who you are.
AngeliCaly
Find the good things within yourself to focus on. If it as little as a goofy face you can make to being bilingual or good at math, focus on the positive. If someone else is making you hate yourself, don't focus on them. Remind yourself how important you are. Treat yourself.
ShatteredPain
Look for the things you like about yourself and focus on those.. Look at the positive things and stop paying attention to the negative.
Anonymous
Think of yourself as someone else. You wouldn't hate on someone else, would you? Call yourself nice things.
InspirationalAdventurer
The first step to stop hating yourself is to acknowledge that you have flaws and can't always meet others or your own expectations. The second step is to understand those flaws, and work towards overcoming them and making yourself a better person
beautifuldevil
Contrary to popular belief, self love is a journey and not a destination. You don't just wake up one day, feeling okay with who you are. It is a process of small steps that enlighten you to the magnificent force of nature that you are. Sometimes it seems difficult and sometimes it seems downright impossible, but it is achievable and it is truly a wonderful feeling.
Anonymous
I look back at memories, fond memories, that are happy-positive. I remember times I made someone laugh or smile. I look back on moments I spent having fun, connecting with others.
BobMarley420
Everybody should love his self, you know who you are and there's a million beautiful things about you, if somebody tells you that you don't deserve love something is wrong with him not you.
Anonymous
Self-acceptance is the first step to stop hating yourself. Surrounding yourself with loving, caring people can often help you feel better abut yourself, and about others.
runningshoe
try to find one thing you like about yourself and write it in a washable marker on the mirror. Every morning you will remind yourself of that one good thing. Every week try to add to the list.
Anonymous
You should never hate yourself because you are only given one life and you must make that life like it is your last. (For all we know it might be)
coldmemories
To stop our cycle of self-hatred and live free from imagined limitations, we must learn to challenge our inner critic.
JadeAstrid444
Many times people hate themselves because they feel that they have not lived up to someone's expectations of who they should be and feel that they have failed. In that, they feel the guilt and unworthiness; and therefore, they are not honoring who they truly are and accepting themselves. Remember, you are here to shine in all of your awesomeness. You may be someone else's teacher, bring an awesome idea to light that no one even thought of, or even be a great friend- whether it be to another person or pet. Each day take at least five minutes to do something that you love to do- this is part of your self care or your you time. Remember that you are lovable and you are worthy. Make that your mantra " I am lovable and I am worthy."
AlwaysAndForever1
You are unique. You are you. Nobody is like you and you have all the time to make everything count!!
Link22
Try to look at yourself in a more positive way. Try to smile more often. And don't focus on your flaws. Everyone has pimples and stretch marks. You are beautiful no matter what.
AnimalOfFood
You're a amazing, gorgeous person, don't hate yourself. It's not good to do so. I love you and everyone on here cares about you.
Anonymous
Start counting your blessing inspite of counting your flaws you thing are in you when they are not, because you are important to much people out there :)
GentleCompass
By taking it one step at a time and accepting that your flaws are part of who you are, and allow better parts of you to flourish. By accepting that some things are out of your control, including things that may have happened to you that caused you to lose sight of a better path. By writing down at least one good thing about yourself every day, and reflecting on things you do for yourself and others that make the world a better place. Everyone deserves love and care, especially from within.
Anonymous
Do you know most of us only see our bad traits? Yet everyone else notices our good traits. Don't be so hard on yourself. Go out your way to help others. Help someone cross the street. Pick up those papers they've dropped. You'll become happier as well.
Mytting
Everyone has flaws. You don't have to be perfect, perction is a myth. Forgive yourself and be kind to yourself you are doing the best that you can!
Anonymous
You have to understand that you're the most important person in your life, hating yourself would be meaningless, painful and a waste of time. You could stard love you more thinking that there's no one who share all your thoughts and thinks if not your self. If the problem is what you see in the mirror, always remember that you can improve, you could wear somethinfìg nice, do your hair and make-up as you like, if you think you're fat you can lose weight. There's a solution for everything!
GoLobster
"Stop hating yourself" is such a big topic and a hard one as well, because no one is telling you that you are amazing...but you are. You are who you are, you cannot change this. The best you Can do is just accept yourself and like you for who you are
Aggie
No longer hating yourself is a hard thing to do. It takes a lot of thought to raise your self esteem. Just always know, you're much cooler than Hitler.
MunalAbid
Well you should simply try and find people who are either just like you or polar opposites. The reason i say this is because when you find people like yourself you see that its not just you who is as different, or if you find someone completely then you know that you are unique
Anonymous
Look deep into yourself and find out what you love about yourself. It might not be something major, even your smile or something that you are good at counts. If you feel like it is hard to find, you could ask your loved ones (family members, best friends...) to see what they love about you. You maybe surprised with the answer!
AmbientEuphoria
You stop hating yourself by looking at the positive traits that you have. Each day you can wake up in the morning and think about something positive about yourself.
xokellssxo
That's a tough question. I hated myself for a long time, honestly I still do. Perhaps looking at yourself in the mirror and instead of pointing out your flaws, point out your perfections. Someone can make you feel loved and make you forget why you hate yourself, You can also focus on the great things you're accomplishing instead of the things you do wrong. I hope I helped.
Ashiya
Taking time out of your day or through the day to try and think of parts you love about yourself, it doesn't have to be all at once but you can try looking at yourself or your personality and really taking into account that "hey, I really like my eyes" or "I enjoy that I'm honest with people" etc, Self-love isn't easy and it takes awhile but I have a dark saying to share, "In the end, you're going to be the only one who loves you" And I go on with my life saying this and I do in fact love myself, because if no one else will, who will? I am my best friend and I am me, self-loathing can do more harm than just accepting yourself.
Anonymous
Learn to love yourself for who you are. It is much easier said than done but provide yourself with love and self-soothing behaviours.
AStormOfThoughts
It takes a while... But You have to tell yourself you are worth it. The fact you hated yourself was you telling yourself you weren't enough. So know you need to tell yourself that you are.