How do I stop thinking about my old friends after the move?

Amelia Winsby, PsyD

I often work with clients who experience a wide range of emotions and difficulties. I am non-judgmental and enjoy working with individuals from all walks of life.

You don't have to stop thinking about them. A move away from them can be very difficult. But try staying in touch. You can always call them, Or chat with them,text them, Skype them, Facebook them. There are so many ways today to stay in touch with somebody you love or miss. Just make the time for them and hopefully they will do the same and you can plan something together that will work for the both of you.
onlyonelifetolive
You don't have to stop thinking about them. You can accept the loss and move on, while making new friends. Your friends, past and present, are an important part of who you are. You should never forget the people that helped make you the beautiful person you are now!
livingincolorsth
They are always going to be your friends you might not have to let them go completely you can keep intouch with them in many ways but also try to make new friends, find new activities and thinks to ocupy your mind.
Anonymous
I know and understand this feeling, but you'll never really forget about your old friends. They've found a place in your heart and they are there to stay, no matter what you say or do. The best thing you could do is find a new group of friends to keep your mind off of your old friends
PeaceForYou
The best way I would say to do this is to make new friends. Making new friends will in affect, over time, limit the time you spend thinking about your old friends. However, it is completely normal to miss old friends and think about them time to time, it's when it becomes excessive there may be an underlying issue.
itsnotover
try make new ones and create new memories it will take your mind off of things and should help you out
Anonymous
It will take time. It's not a quick process. The best way to deal with your loss it to accept that, no matter when you see them next, you still had the time you did together. They miss you as well. But try not to hang on too much. You have the opportunity for a fresh start. Don't waste it wishing you where back. Keep in touch with your old friends, and make new ones. You will be just fine!
SaraMichelle
Find new friends. It's going to take a long time to stop thinking about them because they affected your life very much, but sooner or later you will.
Viscosity
You can try to occupy yourself with different things and activities such as clubs, and maybe even meet new people!
Anonymous
You can start by making some new friends and try to start a relationship. You should also try to worry about work and money for your house payments.
helpfulRiver61
Why stop thinking about them? There your friends so give them a call. Just because you moved doesn't mean that you can't talk to them any longer.
Teenhopegiver
From my experience with losing close friends, I try to think about all the new things in my life to be happy about, and maybe even send my old friends a message every once and a while, to update them on my life.
friendlyIcicle64
It is not a bad thing to think about your old friends after you move away from them, but you can always make new friends wherever you are. Making new friends can help you a lot, even if you can't stop thinking about your old friends you have to move on sometimes to new people. Doesn't mean that you can't still talk to all of your old friends and keep connections with them.
AndyP84
I wouldn't stop thinking about them! They are part of who you are. Technology makes the world much smaller, and even though it might be sad to not see them in person anymore, there are many ways to stay in touch with the people you are missing.Maybe try to be creative with communicating instead of forgetting.
Anonymous
Sometimes being active in your new community can help. Keeping busy with what's in the present not in the past.
Anonymous
Try talk your old friend that you might can stop thinking or find so,everything that can take your mind off