How do you learn to love yourself when you're depressed?

Italy

Anna Pavia, psicologa psicoterapeuta psychotherapist psychologist counselor

I feel my work as my personal mission and I love it. My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive. I am a very good listener. I use several approaches. Amo il mio lavoro.

Anonymous
When I am depressed, it is so so hard to get out of bed and do the things I always liked doing, but you have to start out small and kind of force yourself. I make tiny goals for myself the days I am having a depressive episode. Like take a bath, step outside for 5 minutes, find your favorite packaged food (sometimes we all need a little processed food to help). A little bit goes a long way, so when you make these tiny goals to fulfil, you will earn a little self lovin' along the way. It may take a long time but it is better from nothing at all.
Anonymous
February 1st, 2022 6:29pm
This can be hard at times. I think it takes little steps to love yourself. It doesn't happen over night, it take time and self discovery. When you are in that dark place it can be hard to find love for yourself. I find love in the little things. I love nature and all the beauty that it gives us. I think if a higher being could create this for me, that I must be worth something. I think that self care is important. I know we need this to feel love for ourselves. When we take care of ourselves we will feel better and have more confidence in ourselves. I also think that we will feel love for ourselves when we associate ourselves with those that care for us and our well being. It can be hard at times, but like I said before, it takes little steps. Look at the good and you will find something to love about yourself.
Anonymous
Just taking little steps can really help. I would suggest to get motivated to get out of bed and do something that makes you feel good about yourself first. Then you can take steps like self care and treating yourself to help love yourself. Focusing on those positives and what you are thankful can also help you boost your mood. Honestly, it depends on you and just trying different ways will help you find what's suits you. Whether it's skincare, just taking a shower, or focusing on the things you like to do and not others are great ways to love yourself.