How to be happy again? It's been so long I forget what happy feels like.

Jennifer Geib, LCSWR

1:1 chats (up to 5 days/week). - My therapy is non-judgmental and focuses on emotions and motivation to accomplish your goals or overcome your struggles.

Anonymous
There are a lot of reasons in our life which pull us back from our happy life and happy self, e.g, depression, trauma, stress etc. But even amidst all these issues, one can search for happiness, the key being the ability to move on! Even in the smallest of things, can one find true happiness. For example, playing board games with children, hanging out in a local bar with friends, going for a walk, playing and completing a level in a video game, building lego stuffs, talking to a complete stranger, which ever can make one happy. I find happiness in writing as crafting something with words pleases me a lot and it also works as a positive distraction, helps me to re-focus on my activities. Happiness is a necessary element and it highly needed to get our life going in the right way!
Anonymous
March 23rd, 2016 1:03am
Learn how to forget. Learn how to adapt to your surroundings and think happy thoughts. Being socialize by others and telling them problems and situations like this can most likely to help.
Bettershapes
go to the SPCA, and play with the kitties and the puppies... thats what happy feels like my dea :) ././
scotty4947
Try and remember the things that made you happy long ago. Try and bring back those things or things that have the same concept! Say you used to love jigsaw puzzles, but you feel too old to play with them again (I'm 26 and love jigsaw puzzles), try getting more difficult ones with amazing photos. Or you can do more complex puzzle solving things like puzzle-solving video games, etc etc.
colourfulwriter54
November 21st, 2017 12:42pm
Indeed it has! But if you can remember what made you happy and maybe try doing it again, that may help. And if those things lost their charm, finding news ones based upon your ideas and hopes would help
StandForFreedom
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes! Just because you can't remember what happy feels like, doesn't mean it will never come again!! Hold onto hope! And if you don't have any hope left, borrow someone elses! Because happiness will never stop existing! You just need to find it! =)
bambooPanda15
I would try to surround yourself with things that make you happy family friends Pete even the simplest of things can make a big impact
EllaLoves
I have asked myself this question so many times. But if you find the right things and you are beginning to feel happy, let it in, let it all in and allow yourself to feel happiness.
BettinaBlocksberg
Being happy seems to be such an easy thing but you're correct - it's very hard to be happy. The first step being happy is to forget a while about your chores and just drink a cup of coffee or tea (or something similar small). Also try to write a list (I know, that this i really hard) with things you used to like and try to fullfill one after another - don't be in a rush, try to enjoy those moments!
happinezz
Your happiness lies in your own hands. There's no specific way to be happy, but doing things you love/like is definitely one. Or you can talk to someone who loves you a lot!
healingAngel64
Look for things which made you happy before. Relax and go out on an adventure. Focus on things which is important and enjoy it.
Anonymous
I understand your suffering of sorrow; but try to be grateful, have fun, and relax. If you begin feeling suicidal from stress, tell your parents and call a lifeline.
glisteningLynx61
I know how that can feel honestly ! We all get at that point where our feelings amen kind of bland but know that you aren't a lone! Generally just try new things every day , spread joy around and see if it comes back knocking on your door ! :)
hayl
It takes time, sometimes more time for others. Personally i have to remind myself of positive experiences ive had or people ive met that made me feel some sense of positivity. I always bring myself back to the good conversations i had with friends or how i felt when i first got my dog or any other minute time.
Anonymous
Be with the people you love. Perhaps family or friends. As long as they make you smile, that's the most important thing. ;)
Anonymous
Personally, I go outdoors, I excersise, I take part in the hobbies I love, I spend time with the people I care about. Thats what makes me happy. Getting out there and "doing stuff that you enjoy" is always good
Anonymous
You can be happy if your willing to try and aim for happiness and take courage to proceed that goal happy is like giving someone honey when they absolutely need and an them they will turn you back a favor and make your day.
serene63
try something new to what you do now that might help break the cycle you are in it always helps meeting new people taking up hobbies
Hash394
One thing that helps me a lot when I'm sad is to remind myself that I am not obliged to be happy. Happiness is just a mood, and so is sadness. We live a transient life in a transient world, and our happiness does not matter as much as our ability to get up and keep moving. I believe that happiness will come when it comes, and that we cannot force it. We can only try our best not to stop, and happiness will follow.
soothingPeace91
there is no set way to be happy. sometimes I wish there was a how to book on being happy. read a good book color a picture. its all up to you!
niahereforu
look at those who are happy and see how easy they love life specialy those who have nothing but still are happy
Tagtraeumer
To be happy often seems like a hard task and it seems so difficult to reach. I think it's often true, to be happy is work. It's a process of learning to change the perspective and expectations. For me it helped to search happiness in little things. In the sunshine on a nice afternoon, in the beauty of nature, in flatmates who've cooked and served me some food, in random acts of kindness towards me. Sure, sometimes I'm blind to those little things, but often they have saved my day.
Anonymous
I think there's no a guide or list to be happy again. It just happens. You'll feel happy again without you knowwing.
Anonymous
Surround yourself with people who are aiming to get something out of life, positive people! Find a hobby, try new things, meet new people, travel, if you can afford it! Watch inspirational movies/videos, keep yourself going!
disconsolate
first, know that you deserve happiness. you might not believe that yet. that's okay. you just need to know. know it as an undeniable truth. tell yourself you deserve happiness. say it aloud. over and over. make yourself believe. you. deserve. to. be. happiness. screw anyone who says otherwise because you deserve happiness. you deserve the world. think of something that makes you happy. do it. if ice cream makes you happy, eat it. remember. you deserve happiness, that is an undeniable truth. you just have to give it to yourself. help yourself. be happy. indulge. you deserve it.
Des2000
Well one of the things to do to be happy again is to distant yourself and give your soul and you the chance to breathe, to think, and to figure things out. if you are really young and can't go outside you can simply go to your room locked it and listen to music and one thing that I do very often is when I'm alone I listened to the thuds of my heart letting me know there is life to live... After you've done these steps you will see the world on the brighter side than on the negative side because you give yourself a chance to heal and you've put things into perspective to kind of sort all of it... And then as you encountered these positivity that's the time you'll get your real happiness its not only giving back to the others its also accepting yourself in a way you could ever reached true happiness
Anonymous
You have to learn to be happy by yourself. Try asking your therapist to prescribe Xanax so you can establish one baseline of being okay and always measure yourself later on if you think your thoughts are going in a downward spiral!
Anonymous
Happiness is a state of mind. If we can remind ourselves of the good deeds and the positives spheres in our life, we can always be happy.
Anonymous
go on the track, no matter how hard it might seem, keep trying!!! change your thought life will change
Selinnn11
I can see clouds like a small thing we can be happy or I can listen to music even he couldn't do them, but you should be happy when there are people that are very happy let's just think about what you want and do the job yourself and the school exam troubles