How to get rid of depression?

How to get rid of depression?

Luz Cotto-Charneski, LCSW

As your therapist I will help guide and support your unique process of self-discovery. I will witness you reclaim your voice and find a life of fulfillment, purpose, and ease.

Caregiver1012
i think you can find a way to cope with it but never fully get rid of it. It will always be a part of you.
Anonymous
Depression can't be "rid of". It's that type of illness that even if you think you got rid of it, it'll come back and bite you in the butt.
Anonymous
Research has supported the idea that depression can be both circumstantial and/or genetic. Depression is more commonly found to be circumstantial and it is the changes to a person's lifestyle/addition of medication & therapy that can 'rid' them of their depression. However, genetic depression is slightly more ambiguous in the sense that, the majority of the time, it cannot simply be eliminated. However, it can be managed - very effectively, in fact - using therapy and medication.
Anonymous
You can overcome. Depression is a feeling in the back of your mind i believe it will never truly go, but you can overcome. You can change over time and learn to not let it consume you or rule your life. You are you're own person and you control your emotions, Not the other way.
Kitty8
I wish you could get rid of depression. I wish I could get over my depression at times too. But there's a lot of ways you can deal with depression. Sometimes people go for medications because sometimes it's a chemical imbalance in our brain that makes dealing with life just too hard. But for those of you who aren't into medication, distracting yourself and practicing your coping skills will help you get through it. Finding the motivation to do daily things, even the things you used to enjoy is really hard when fighting depression. Trust me, I know. But I think it's important that no matter how bad of a day you're having, you tell yourself when you wake up that you will try to do something that you used to enjoy. Or maybe even try something completely new to give you back some motivation. Important thing is that no matter how tough it seems right now, you will get through it. You are not alone.
Anonymous
Of course you can! You may not be able to get rid of it on your own, but with the help of friends, family, doctors, and sometimes some medications, you'll get better!
Anonymous
As a person with depression, I can honestly say that it is difficult. But you just need to get rid of anything that reminds you of the pain that you've been through. Delete: sad songs, quotes, pictures, remove anything negative in your life. And replace them with positive things.
LilahRenea
I think focusing on what is going on and making you feel the ways you do is one great way to help. Take mental health days that do nothing but you feel cozy and in a safe place.
Anonymous
The best way to handle depression is by getting support and help from friends, family and professionals.
callmeKay
As for me, I get through depression by counting the endless bless bestowed upon me. Being grateful has halfway solved my issue. Well, at least a good start. :)
Ifeelthesameway
Getting rid of depression can take a long process depending on the cause of it. But despite that it is still better to take it slow and not hurry it too much because you might not find who you really are in the process.
iluvcupc4k35
I believe you can push it away for a long while, but every now and then it's going to get you back and then you gotta be strong and not let it overwhelm you.
butterflykisses27
Depression is not something you get rid of. But it can be managed. Medication from your local doctor can help with managing depression that has gone on for a long period of time. Meditation, counseling, yoga anything that gets you out of thinking about yourself or changing your situation helps.
Anonymous
Yes you can get rid of depression. It gets better and the best way is to get the right help you need
Anonymous
Yes, it is possible. It may go away for quite some time, but it can also come back. There's no way to know for sure when depression will go away or come back. Traumatic experiences or hard times can trigger it.
Millichidulinas
You can try to focus on the things you have and you love. Just forget the things you can't have and see the world as a beautiful thing.
FrostyFireworks18
Even though you may feel hopeless at times, every form of depression is curable. It's a process and it might take a couple of months at the least to disappear. The only way that you're going to get better is to go and see a professional about it, preferably a theripist. You have to be willing to change, and really push yourself to be open with the theripist so they can figure out your problems and try to find solutions. Please reach out for help because no one deserves to live in the dark.
Anonymous
Get rid of might not be the right phrase, but depression can be controlled and managed to the point where it doesn't affect your day-to-day life anymore. There are a lot of ways to do this like therapy, medication, and other lifestyle changes. There is always, always hope!
Dylannerdy15
I have struggled wi depression for a few years now and I've personally never gotten rid of it. It might go away for a few months for me and then come back for a few weeks. I've never gotten rid of it personally but that doesn't mean everyone can't get rid of it. I'm sure there are lots of people who get rid of depression and live happy lives. So keep positive and you never know what comes with a new day!
Anonymous
Depends on each person. Some can have therapy to change mindsets and genuinely change their lives. Others can be medicated or have therapy in a bid to control, or live with depression. Each circumstance is different.
Anonymous
The more you fill your life with positivity and optimism, the easier it becomes to cope with and overcome a hurdle like depression. Setting short-term goals, such as finishing a book or even taking care of your body every day, and long-term goals, such as graduating or starting a profession, can aid in keeping yourself proceeding forward.
FieKC
I think it's always gonna be there, but you can work with it so it doesn't bother you that much and it doesn't affect your life choices
HelpingHand27
Honestly i do not believe depression is cured We just learn how to deal with problems in a better way
Abz001
Well I don't think you could get rid of it, and I think that It's going to be something that you may deal with for the rest of your life, and you're going to have days when you struggle.
Anonymous
Yes, but it may take a very long time. It's not just a mood like "oh i feel depressed" It's way more serious than that,
MadilynRose
Getting rid of depression is tricky. It lives within us all, and can be awoken at any given time. There is no true way to "cure" it, but there are ways to feel like it's not there, for a long, long time! Therapy, anti-depressants, support, and other key factors play a role in helping put depression at bay.
Anonymous
Yes there is medication and there are therapy sessions to help you get better however it can come back since you can't really get rid of anything. You can get rid of depression just as much as you can get rid of a cold though in my case it's probably easier since I catch colds constantly xD
BrokenDefinition
Though everyone struggles with depression differently it can be overcome. Don't feel like you need to force yourself to feel a certain way before you are ready though! If you ever need to listen we're here and if you feel you need to please contact a mental health professional.
Anonymous
Depending on the severity of your situation, and your progress over time. For some people yes, for others not necessarily.
TheCup
Yes. You choose what you feel, and thus, by choosing not be depressed, (of which as you still have a brain, you can accomplish this whether easily or hardly), you are being strong.