I get no emotional support for my depression from my family and friends. Where can I find real support?

Luz Cotto-Charneski, LCSW

As your therapist I will help guide and support your unique process of self-discovery. I will witness you reclaim your voice and find a life of fulfillment, purpose, and ease.

Angelwings2
Most communities offer support groups for free or no charge that can be very helpful. Check your local mental health organizations.
SashaMor
Some of teachers or lecturers often willing to help their students when they see that something happened with a person. And, of course, here, on 7 cups, there's always somebody who will listen!
LondonGirl22
Right here! You've come to the right place. All listeners are here to hear you out and support you whenever you need us :)
zoeyglee
You can go talk to a school counselor! Sometimes they may seem scary or you feel like they won't keep the meeting confidential, but as a counselor, it is their job to keep your conversations 100% confidential, unless they need help from someone else to solve the problem. You could also go to a counselor outside of school, and set up annual appointments to talk through your situation.
Anonymous
If your family and friends will not support you or you feel as if they are taking it too lightly find a website like this one and talk to as many people or the same person as many times as you need to. Even having a friendly conversation about how your day went can help lift that weight on your shoulders. http://www.7cups.com/11565174
KathyTheHealer
There is no such thing like emotional support, from anywhere. Simply because nobody know how to be an emotional suport for others. You have to be emotionally strong yourself. One first step, to get emotionally stronger, you can learn how by talking and asking listeners here. . I wish you all best luck
bunniesgomoo
I found that visiting a therapist really helped me; it allowed me to speak to someone who was qualified and trained in helping me get through my depression
snugglyNight85
Personally for me sometimes I find writing down how I'm feeling in a journal helps me cope at times and when I feel like I've solved the particular issues, burn it and say that's done and dusted
lexi2420
There are many support groups in many communities. There are also many support groups online. Have you looked into either of those options for support?
LoverOfHappiness
If there are local groups that meet up that could be a way to start. If you are attending school, see if your school offers counseling? Better yet come on here, for support until your family and friends are better to help you through.
Anonymous
Sometimes it's best to talk to someone on the outside, like a doctor, a counsellor, a teacher or whoever you feel comfortable with. You can even talk to people anonymously. This provides you with comfort in the fact they don't know you, so cannot have any bias towards you or judge you from their own past experiences with you.
Neversky
You can find an online therapist to help you with your depression, or you can locate one in your area. You can also talk to listeners on 7 Cups if you need to work through anything.
friendlyIcicle64
If you are not getting any type of support from your friends or family, you can always go to other people for help, like another trusted adult or person you know. Or you can go to a site like this one and talk to people who can be here to listen.
cuddlyForestl75
Of course you can talk to any listeners you find on here. We are here to give you that emotional support you need with the same compassion as a friend. If you don't like using this site you can talk to colleagues, or if you're still at school, a teacher.
Anonymous
Counselling at school, otherwise a phone counsellor, heck otherwise an actual depression group support even in real life. Otherwise I'd recommend this website finally to occasionnally find some help and someone who is willing to listen, and the group chats in the website aswell ^^
MissLisa
You can find online information with regards to depression. You will find information on what is depression, what causes depression, how to cope with depression and personal experiences with the mental health disorder. You can also find a wealth of information on the 7 cups of tea website. All of this information will provide you with understand which can help you understand depression further. This information may also be supportive. However you can always find support on 7 cups of tea by talking to a listener, by joining a group whether that be online or in person with other people who have similar experiences. Or you can talk to your doctor and ask for additional support which could come in the form of therapy.