I have a good life why am I not happy?

Hannah Caradonna, MSW, RCSW (RCC #11330)

Social Worker

I offer a warm and non-judgmental space for you to work through your problems. I can help you with anxiety, disordered eating, depression, relationship problems and more.

Anonymous
There are lots of reasons people can be unhappy. Just because your life isn't as bad as others, doesn't mean your struggles are any less valid.
Anonymous
There may be something in your life that is triggering some unhappiness that you may not see or realize as perhaps most of the rest of your life is happy. Try to stop when you suddenly feel unhappy and see if there is something that can be removed fixed or analyzed and see if that helps.
Anonymous
u have a good life but you are not having satisfaction .when person have endless expeatations ,the person cant able enjoy the life,always their mind set wont allow them to be happy
Anonymous
Do you feel like there would be something missing? Maybe you need a hobby you enjoy? Maybe you wanna try something new? Something exciting to your life.
Anonymous
Because maybe you are still aiming for something greater than what you currently have. And that doesn't always mean materially.
BouncyTurtleDream
Just because you have a good life doesn't mean that you can't be sad or unhappy. Sometimes it takes getting some perspective to cheer yourself up or just changing some things that make you unhappy. For me, I changed some of the things I did and found new and exciting hobbies as well as doing some community service. Overall, it helped me immensely, but even so I am still unhappy from time to time. I don't know if this will help you at all but I wish you the best of luck.
Anonymous
Just because you have a good life doesn’t mean you have to be happy, maybe your stuck in a life you don’t want, maybe this good life isn’t for you,
Anonymous
maybe you should search new things that really like you and put all your energy in that. Anyway you have to see into you, i mean, inside, and see what's happend in the most far of you
Anonymous
You have to learn to view your life from a different angle, from how people less fortunate would view it, identify all the things that make it good and that you are thankful for, accept the goodness with open arms and embrace it, live it to it's maximum potential, realize you are truly lucky and that some people do not have a good life and didn't have any choice but to live or be born with a worse state and lifestyle.
Anonymous
Maybe you have not figured out what you want from your life. Ask your heart, you will have your answer!!!
2AmTherapist
You're most likely live with depression, so that holds you back for miles. You can be happy; you just need to get past all the bad thoughts that are clouding your judgment and happiness
Anonymous
This cannot be emphasised enough, just because you have a good life doesn't mean that you're happy. Being unhappy is not always caused by environmental factors around you, it can be genetic or biological. If you are unhappy but you have a good life don't discount what you are feeling just because it seems like you have no reason to be unhappy. Talk to someone about it.
lunaGrace15
There's more to life than being happy. Also, most of the time, good does not mean happy. Go out of your comfort zone and find your passion :)
Anonymous
Happiness isn't something we can get from objective facts. Even if your life looks "good" from the outside, that doesn't mean your problems aren't valid. My life is very similar. Objectively, it looks good. But I still have some inner-problems. If you feel unhappy, there is most likely something going on underneath the surface that needs more attention.
Anonymous
A good life doesn’t equate to happiness. Your life may be missing something and you just don’t know yet or you could be unhappy with yourself.
kNIGHT21
Maybe you haven't identified your purpose yet. the lack of sense of satisfaction might be what makes you sad
Anonymous
In my experience, I think happiness has little to do with having a good life. You're not going to be happy anywhere if it's stagnant. Happiness comes from growing and moving forward constantly.
Anonymous
Having a good life doesn't equate to having happiness. Happiness isn't quantified by materials or the tangibles in life, Happiness can be simple, gained from simple things such as helping someone out, or even allowing yourself to take a break form work. The reason why people who are leading average or above average life aren't happy is because they have lots of expectations of themselves in terms of their materialistic needs and work goals. They lose themselves in the midst of chasing those dreams that they neglect their own happiness and self-care.
MattInWonderland
This is a difficult thing to experience - I remember thinking 'I'm doing everything I can to make make myself happy, my life looks good when I think about it, but my feelings are totally different!' There are many different views on what happiness is and how you can become happy; I will share with you my view and what worked for me. To me, one of the key factors to being happy is looking after myself - eating, sleeping, exercise when I can. If theres not other obvious cause for unhappiness (e.g. relationship troubles, struggling with work or school etc.), I tend to focus on improving on, or persisting with, attending to those basic needs - This is what eventually worked for me. It took a lot of patience, and it wasn't a smooth journey, but it paid off and now I am overall very happy :) My lows are far milder, shorter, and further apart, and more often than not have an identifiable cause. Of course, if you feel you need help with this journey there are people who can help - Counsellor, doctors, life coaches. If you are struggling, I can't emphasise enough how important it is to reach out and make sure you get the help you need, even if it that help doesn't come at first. Best wishes and I hope this helps :)
Allears247
We spend so much time trying to be what society wants us to be. (have kids, buy a house, get married etc.) that I think that some people never stop to consider that although society is pressuring you to strive for these things, but do I actually want all of this? Its been drilled into our heads since childhood to want and obtain these things. We all our different and want different things. I realize you have a lot, but do you have what you want?
Tianna17
You’re not satisfied. Find something that makes you genuinely happy. What’s missing in your life? Marriage ? Kids? Love? Find what’s missing and then you’ll find happiness
harmoni22
My answer would be to look closely at the areas that you may not be as happy in, ask yourself what is it about that area i can improve, how can i do that? asking how is always the way to move forward and change. If you ask why too much you can end up with one foot in the past.
AutumnRiver2812
Each person has a different view for a good life. How do you define it? For me, a good life means having our firends and relatives around us, being able to learn new things....We should look at some aspects in our life and see what we are missing, so we can be happier.
Teenagehelp
Happiness is deep inside everybody. You are happy , you just don’t let yourself think so. The real change is in your mind so try to focus on what’s making ypur days negative and erase it! What can make you feel sad?
conscientiousCranberry8374
People define having a good life with things that are essential my needed.Money, a good education, and a good job. You may have all of that but those things aren't what defines the meaning of happiness to you. Look around in life and find those little things that make you happy, like some hobbies. I hope you're feeling better and more happy ☺.
Anonymous
Being unhappy even tho everything around us seems to be okay can be caused by many things. In my case is was lack of human interaction. Friends are really important. Don't forget about them.
comfortableRainbow89
You need to change your mind set. Start appreciating things more before you lose it all. I lost my ex because I stopped caring about what I had rather I was being selfish. Be selfless not selfish! Rethink again !
musicalBubbles69
Although your life is good, are you living it the way you want? Are you living it in a way you’ll find joy.
Anonymous
Having a good life or being "privileged" has nothing to do with being sad or depressed. You could introspect and ask yourself why you aren't happy. More often than not we already know the answers in our hearts, we're just afraid to accept it. Once you are self aware and accept your emotions and why you feel a certain way, you can deal and work on them accordingly.
Anonymous
People can feel happy or unhappy at certain periods of time regardless of how generally good or bad their life is. It is physically impossible for us as humans to be happy all of the time. If you think you have a good life but are still unhappy, you must further assess what is making you unhappy. Maybe you have good relationships with the people in your life but your career is stressing you or vice versa. Maybe you have a lot of physical blessings and are privileged in that regard but have an emotional emptiness of loneliness. Unhappiness every now and again is completely normal and nothing to feel guilty over.