i have depression. will the pain ever go away? waiting 4 years now... still waiting!

Jamie Rautenberg, LCSW

I'm passionate about helping clients understand emotional experiences & mental chatter do not define who they are. I'm here to guide them through the fog back to themselves.

Anonymous
I'm sorry that you've had to deal with depression for 4 years now. I think the key thing with depression is that we tend to wait for the "light" but you have to be that light that guides you out of depression, that's why you've been waiting for so long because you haven't made that move yet. Action is key. Start moving your body, start doing something you enjoy, try and meditate it can be anything really, doing something that gives you purpose is the key to this. Trust me, I have depression too, it can hit me real bad, but I've taught myself how to help myself and not rely on others so much anymore. Hope this helps.
apositivepsych
Yes. Please consult a psychiatrist. It would be the best way to curb your pain. Do remember that the choice is always yours. We are all here to support you incase you need someone to talk to you. :)