I think I'm depressed but my parents don't believe in mental illnesses and I can't see a doctor for diagnosis/treatment, what should I do?

Lindsay Scheinerman, MA, LPC

My work with clients is to help them recognize and build on their strengths to find solutions for the conflicts presented in their lives.

Lightnessindark3010
If you think you are depressed and want to contact a therapist then you can contact to one here at this website. If you want someone to talk to you can contact listeners here. They’ll support you and will try to help you
Openheart87
I'm sorry that you are not able to speak with your parents about this. Unfortunately, this can be a common problem for some individuals, however your mental health should always come first. Speak to someone you trust, possibly a teacher or a coach who you can confide in. Depending on your age and where you live there can be many free walk-in clinics to help you see a family doctor/psychologist without needing to go with your parents. Try and speak to your parents or any family that you trust about how you are feeling and that you want to talk to a doctor. If they are still hesitant, please reach out to another adult that you trust. The important thing is to tell someone :) Good luck and take care xx