Answers.
Anonymous

I think that therapist is extremely unprofessional. She clearly did not empathize with you and she should have approached the issue by trying to understand the way you felt and suggest ways to you or your family on how they could improve or better your situation.

JustALover

Wow, I can't believe a therapist who is supposed to help you said that. Yes, suicide isn't the answer, but she could have at least said that in a nicer way and help you overcome these feelings. I suggest leaving this therapist, she clearly isn't a good one and maybe even give her a bad review on her website or something to warn others. Before I stop writing, I just want you to know that whatever you're dealing with is temporary. Pain temporary meanwhile suicide is permanent. I hope you feel better soon. Stay strong! xx

Anonymous

change therapists. does she have a boss you can talk to about this? what in the world?

theAngel1

It maybe seems rude,but she may be telling you the truth:/ Suicide is selfish because you want to end your pain by killing yourself.But you won't end it,you'll pass it on someone else. And although she told you the truth,she did the wrong thing. Therapist should be a person who understands you (or at least tries to) and doesn't judge by the way how you're feeling.

truthSeeker71

I am so sorry you experienced a therapist like that. That was extremely unprofessional and unhelpful. You had every right to feel the way you did and your therapist should have helped you processing your emotions rather than feeling bad for having them. I hope you have found some help since then that is more valuable and actually helps you move through your situation.

Aryore

Hmm it sounds like she was not being supportive of you by condemning your suicidal feelings. I don't know why she would do that, but at any rate she isn't a good fit for your situation if she isn't helping you overcome the feelings but instead making you feel worse. I would suggest that you search for another therapist who can help you better. Take care and all the best :)

Kouyle

I'm surprised about what your therapist just said. You deserve better. I really hope that you've found someone who would listen to you. I really hope that you're okay now. Take care.

Anonymous

Suicide is not selfish, even though according to your knowledge of the world, there are some people who believe the purpose of life is to be thankful for the things given to you, no matter how they were created. I'm not specifying, since there are many religious statuses around the world, and I don't want to pick out what is the best. What I'm saying it suicidal thoughts aren't selfish, in a way, it's actually mindful. Recognizing your feelings as abnormal and starting to follow them is the first step, but it isn't good to pursue in them. Your therapist might need some more experience, according to their answer.