I wish i had someone to talk to about my depression and suicidal thoughts, im tired of pretending to be ok.how do I keep the faith , I'm that things will be ok?

Erin Parks, PhD

With extensive training and experience in evidence based treatments, I use behavioral and cognitive techniques and a warm nonjudgmental approach to help people find joy.

DaddyyDanni
There's plenty of people out there like therapists who are willing to support you through times like this. You aren't alone and there's always hope to recovery. Depression can seem like it consumes you. However you need to remember that the depression, isn't you. It would be beneficial if you could talk to a suicidal hotline. Perhaps people you trust, like family, even teachers. Keeping up a mask for the public can be exhausting I've been there before. Maybe you could write small positive things that have gone on, like for example "I managed to eat something today" and put it into a jar. Fill it up with things and read it whenever you feel down. Perhaps even writing down your emotions could help you release some of that stress. Hopefully this could give some insight on things.
Anonymous
I understand how you feel. I feel the same way, I've had depression for a year now and I haven't told anyone as no-one understands me. But you will have some good days some bad. And things will get better for you.
JumpyGoiaba
Never pretend to be okay if you really are not. Bottling up your feelings will overwhelm you to such an extent that you might find yourself unable to let them out. You say you wish you had someone to talk about your pain, and I can assure you do have. A therapist is always the most adequate option, but there's other people out there willing to help you. Try talking about it with a close relative or friend. Alternatively, you can also check in with a listener here on 7Cups. But don't keep anything for yourself. Don't bottle up. And make an effort to go out and notice the simple things that make life beautiful. You will get there. Stay strong. Everything will be okay before you know it. If there's anything I can help you with, I'm 100% available! Best of luck :)
Anonymous
There are plenty of professionals out there that you could talk to. Also, maybe finding a friend that you can confide in would help. Just know that it does get better.