Is it normal to think about suicide everyday?

Lauren Abasheva, LMHC

A sex positive, and kink knowledgeable therapist with an open mindset and a clear understanding that we are all different.

OpenHearted865
Though it may be something many people experience, this isn't something that I want to consider 'normal'. Suicidal thoughts can be very harmful and if it's something you're experiencing daily then it may be best to reach out for some help. You don't need to be in that much pain all the time. I promise it can get better if you decide that's what you want.
Anonymous
Once in my lifetime, I was in the same situation. I've searched professional help. I've changed some situations in my life and with a small and helpful therapy I got back on track again. Please don't give up! Please look for professional help. That you've been born is a gift. You are a gift to this world. And it's your journey to see it by yourself. You are worth every single breath you take. You have strenght. And don't you worry: The sun is always there, even if a rain cloud is in front of it. It will pass and you will gain back happiness and sense of life. Please contact professional medical help. Take care
Kaleidoscope86
Thinking about suicide regularly (or even irregularly) is nothing to be ashamed of, but it is not normal. It's also no way to go through life. Please talk to someone about how you are feeling.
Anonymous
No, if you are thinking about suicide everyday I believe you should be inpatient or seeking extensive psychological help.
ThoughtlessDesign
No. Seek professional help, you shouldn't be living like this and you don't have to be. There's help available and you can live much, much happier.
Anonymous
It is not healthy to think about suicide everyday. It can mean that someone doesn't want to terminate his/her life, but just wants to stop to feel the way he/she feels. It is important to talk to someone who can help and to try to be oriented on a solution that is constructive.
AlluraNine9
It is normal to think about suicide sometimes. But a daily occurrence probably indicates there is something that needs to be addressed. Underlying depression, anxiety, or something else. Thoughts of suicide are a symptom of a problem. Keeping that in mind may help guide you to the right resources to begin the process of healing.
jovialMermaid84
I believe that normal varies for everyone, we all have ups and downs. I don't think that thoughts of suicide on a regular basis point to good health, and would likely signify a chemical imbalance and that effects overall health. Health is all encompassing and should include mental health addressed with physical health, and with professionals that you without a doubt trust. If are having these thoughts daily, try seeking out a mental health professional to help you get to the roots of the problem.
Anonymous
No. Please reach out for help. It can be hard, but getting help can really help you turn your life around.
Sill
If you are dealing with suicidal thoughts, please call 911 or bring yourself/have a friend or family member bring you to the emergency room. There are also suicide lifelines you are able to call.
Anonymous
The word normal carries a connotation and not being "normal" can often be perceived as bad. However, thinking about suicide daily is not healthy. It is a sign of depression or another mental illness. I'd talk to a doctor, counselor, or trusted person (who is an adult) right away.
politePillow12
Ofcourse not! Sucide means an end to your LIFE. Every problem has a solution and you can't do anything when you're dead.
Anonymous
It's not suicide you feel. It's the need to end the suffering, pain. So most go with the option to end their lives. But trust me, there are ways to ease that pain if not fully recover. Try them. Life's worth livin'.
SacredArtist
"Normal" is an interesting word. I would say, maybe biasly, no. No, of course not. Life is within you so that you may live it and feel thusly alive. Feelings of suicide are indications that you are believing things that do not serve you, that are not about who you really are, and that you want to change to begin with. Feelings of suicide are interesting if you take a step back from it. Here we are, brought onto this Earth by nature, born, the same as the stars, the same as the fauna and plants... and we want to end ourselves prematurely. As humans we live an interesting play. The thing is, we don't have to. We don't have to take direction and we don't have to play a character that we are not but we look around and figure that we're the only ones feeling out of sorts or otherwise than everyone is a puppet and we see no "escape." But we should understand that there is only the here and now and that everything around us is a reflection of our current state. A great metaphor I heard once was that we look at our problems, in this metaphor our problems is our reflection in a mirror... and we place our thumbs at the end of our frown in the mirror, and try all we might, nothing changes. However, the mirror never needed to change it's function. Instead, when we internalize what needs to "change," we see that as we move and change expressions, so does what occurs within the mirror. Suddenly, the power is in our hands again, where it always was and always needed to be realized to be. However, if the question is really asking, if suicidal thoughts are common or a proper function of the mind. Then, yes, they can be common depending on many factors and, yes, it is a relatively proper function of the mind. Your mind tries to seek solutions, after all. And no other input besides everything is garbage or I am garbage is going into that process, one could imagine that the end result of that logical process would be grim. However, just like the previous metaphor... give yourself your power back. Take back your truths. Take back your reality. And your mind will follow suit.
Summerwish
No it’s not normal to think about Suicide everyday I would suggest you talk to your parents or someone you trust about it
Anonymous
Of course it's not normal. I remember a time when I never thought about it. The only question is how likely will daily thoughts of suicide become real?
Ikwan777
No. It is not normal to think about suicide everyday. Such thoughts usually accompany serious depression.
KuanH
I think it is perfectly fine to ponder about the topic every now and then, as long as it does not affect your daily life. When it starts to affect your daily life, it can start to snowball into a larger issue that gets out of hand very quickly. If you find yourself thinking about suicide every now and then, it is ok. If you are contemplating suicide everyday, please try to find a professional. We listeners are here to help with smaller handable issues, and suicide is definitely outside of our expertise. What we can do for you are limited and I hope you understand.
Anonymous
No, it's not normal at all. If you are thinking about it everyday. That means you have started to dying from inside. And that you are in a position where you are stuffering from severe depression. Talk about it to someone who can understand you. Get some medical help because it is not normal at all. Life is a very precious thing. You can not lose it like this. Please, it is high time you get up and get some help because you need it badly. Before you take any wrong step. Prevent it from happening. Save yourself and your life.
LadyDair
In some situations, thinking about rest like that is understandable at times. But if you're thinking about it every day that's something that most clinicians would call worrisome, even alarming. Are you making specific plans? That's another big step toward "it's time for a professional," from the research I've done and counselors I've spoken with. *But* you shouldn't worry about whether it's normal or average according to 'everyone' but whether it's normal for *you.* If it's becoming an every day concern and worry, that's reason enough to reach out to a professional and see how they can help. They don't judge, they listen with compassion and try to find all of the ways to help you that they can.
SlothWhoCares4U
Maybe not normal, but these thoughts may not be as uncommon as you may think. Thinking about suicide without any intention or plan is a coping skill for dealing with strong emotions. If you are thinking about suicide every day you should seek out professional help. Meeting with a general practitioner or finding someone within your community is a good starting point. You do not have to deal with this by yourself. Please reach out and receive the support you need. You matter and you do not deserve to suffer through these thoughts alone. Use these resources for further anonymous support. The crisis text line: 741-741 National Suicide Prevention: 1 800 273 8255 7cups.com/crisis
Anonymous
It can be because of that you got some problems that you haven't talked about. You should find someone to talk about it with.
EnlightenedLux
No! Under no circumstances is contemplating or merely giving a thought about taking one's life okay in the slightest, let alone daily! Whoever can genuinely ask this question should vigorously seek help.
AndyDeathWishv2
It is not normal to think about suicide everyday. If you do think about it everyday you must ask yourself, what are the reasons that make you think about dying. You may be going through some tough times but you should stay strong and talk to someone you trust or love about this; or you should go to the doctors or a therapist or call the national suicide prevention line, There are professionals willing to help you. 1-800-273-8255
Anonymous
It really isn't. If you're worried about actually attempting it, check yourself into a hospital or tell someone who can get you the help you need.
samanthajesp1
No it is not. It is a red flag that suggests that you should seek professional help. You can go to the ER f you are having these thoughts. Or, you can see a doctor or therapist.
friendlyFireworks62
Are you thinking of committing suicide yourself? Or do you mean in a more impersonal manner? I think of suicide everyday as well. So yeah it's pretty normal if you are thinking of the latter but if it's the former it's not normal and you should seek professional help.
caringSoul92
Yes! There is nothing wrong with that feeling or thought, all emotions we have are valid. It is only when those thoughts become actions that we need to start looking for more help.
Sianwil
If you think ahout suicide everyday, I suggest you seek professional help immediately. It's not normal, but you can receive help.
glowingForest97
First off I want to say that their is no such thing as "normal". It isn't healthy though to be thinking of suicide daily. It demonstrates their is an underlying issue causing you to think about it. Please reach out for help by calling a suicide hotline.