Is it normal to think about suicide everyday?

Lauren Abasheva, LMHC

A sex positive, and kink knowledgeable therapist with an open mindset and a clear understanding that we are all different.

Anonymous
No, it’s not normal. If you think about suicide daily it’s important to find professional help or tell it to someone
unknownFrnd4U
November 22nd, 2017 10:51am
It's not normal at all to think about suicide everyday,If someone is feeling like this continually, he should seek help or consult any therapist or psychiatrist. Or he should talk to his close ones about it
Nasrz8
No of course not, the reason is probably you're severely depressed and you should consult a professional therapist.
Anonymous
Thinking about suicide daily is not healthy. If you are suicidal, you need help. I have a friend who used to be suicidal. She was hesitant to get help because it is scary to trust people in those dark times. I helped as much as I could, but I realized that she needed professional help. Now she is in therapy and is happier than ever. If you feel unloved or are contemplating suicide, just know that there are people out there who care and want to help you live life to the fullest.
YasmineNotYours
no it isn't normal obviously... if you think about it this much you need to see a therapist to help you overcome these thoughts... I wish you best of luck
Paigerey
It is common for someone dealing with depression, and feeling that way is understandable, but not normal.
Marigold16
No, you should talk to a therapist. You are important enough to do that for yourself. Get some help, and live on.
Anonymous
of course it is not normal. You need to talk about it with someone, receive some if possible. It is a dangerous thing. Your life is worth more than you think.
Anonymous
Thinking about suicide every day is not healthy. If you need some help, consider contacting the suicide hotline or get in touch with a therapist that can help you.
Morielen
It can happen and can be 'normal' for depression, though it's a big red flag and a clear sign that help is needed. It is possible to live a normal life despite thinking of suicide every day, and aslong as it's just 'thinking' and not 'urge to act out the thoughts' it's still within a 'normal' range. It might help to talk to someone about those thoughts, and it might reduce the weight just having someone listening to you and hearing you, but either way it's recommended to find professional help to prevent it getting worse.
doornails16
It is very normal to think about suicide. Many people who are not suicidal think about suicide. But if you ever start feeling as if suicide is a viable option, then you need to seek out professional help.
Anonymous
I believe suicidal thoughts are made because that person can't find the guidance and answers. I believe it is normal if one is stuck in a situation like that.
welcomehome
Thinking about it everyday is not something usual to do. If you are going through a hard time, it may just be a sign of exhaustion, depending how long you have been thinking about it. Thinking about it everyday can be dangerous :) Try talking to a therapist here, they can tell you more.
Jennifer164
It is a valid feeling and it's not your fault to think about it.Please call the suicide help line if you have a bad urge to suicide. You are doing the best you can,please be gentle with yourself.Stay safe and take care of yourself.
Tmarie88
No it’s not normal, and you should really seek help. Talk to a friend , a parent and seek a sucide prevention hotline.
Anonymous
I don't think the term "normal" applies here, since "normal" is never the same thing for two people. Is it hea,thy to think about suicide every day? No, it is not. Thoughn I do believe that THINKING about suicide and having suicidal tendencies are two different things, it is not healthy either way.
TeddyBear11
There is nothing about thinking that is normal or abnormal, as thinking is automatic. But suicidal thoughts are not a sign of good mental health, as they are commonly generated from depression, anxiety, etc.
Anonymous
Everyone thinks about suicide at some point in their lives, but sometimes when we’re in a very low place those thoughts can occur a lot more often. It is normal, but if you are thinking about suicide constantly it would be good to seek professional help to reduce your risk.
Mushu74
January 31st, 2018 11:26pm
It's not healthy, no. It's something that many people think about, so you are not alone. However I would encourage speaking to your GP or a mental health charity such as mind - in order to discuss some of your feelings. Take care of yourself and allow yourself to heal
LucilleTwo
It depends- when you have recently experienced a brush with suicide (in your community or circle) it would be very normal to think about that pain and struggle daily. However, if you're considering it for yourself, that may be a time to talk to someone and reach out- it's a terrible burden to bear alone.
WhatDoesItAllMean
I wouldn't say it is normal, no. I think if you are experiencing this you should immediately seek therapy
Dlrr12
Death is part of who we are as humans. The one very thing we have in common is we are all born and then we all leave this earthly classroom. How we enter and exit can be different, but we all leave at one point or another. As scary as it can be for some, it's very interesting to ponder about for others. Sometimes it's overwhelming and stimulating - causing a lot of fear in our being. Suicide is a part of death - but it's almost like you choose what you want to happen when you want it to happen. But if you are thinking about it constantly and it's starting to disturb or interrupt your everyday living... then I would seriously consider therapy. Talk therapy or a psychiatrist is an excellent start to help get these thoughts out of your head and into words to describe to a professional who will then help you to figure out WHY you are really thinking these thoughts and how it makes you feel. Especially if you have strong emotions connected to suicide and you have feelings of hopelessness or doubts about yourself, please ... go talk to someone. Therapy is not bad, scary or embarrassing.. it's maintenance work that we all need to do for ourselves time and again. Just like a cell phone or technology needs maintenance or a reboot/upgrade - so do we! We need self love and self care. Therapy is a great start for that.
Anonymous
It's not normal to think about suicide everyday. Have I ever thought of it before? Yes. But do I think about it everyday? No. I personally feel that thinking about suicide only makes me cherish the things that are important to me more, things like my friends, family, colleagues...
Anonymous
Normal is subjective, and when it comes to thoughts of suicide, you're actively thinking about ending your life. To live is what we're hardwired to do at the most fundamental level, and to actively think about going against that isn't normal. You might have gotten used to it, but that's no way to live and it sure isn't normal. You can always attempt to offset these thoughts by seeking help and support and surrounding yourself with positivity.
YogiP
No. One might think about suicide every day for a period of time, but if this continues unbidden for some time, one should seek some sort of external assistance.
Anonymous
I'd say that most people don't have suicidal thoughts that regularly, but whether or not it is 'normal', it isn't something you should have to deal with. Even if you don't feel at risk now, I'd really encourage you get help because this could become something which causes a lot of damage, and you really don't deserve to go through that. Humans are supposed to have a survival instinct and if this is being doubted and undermined everyday by your suicidal thoughts, something is wrong - so please reach out to someone! I promise things will get better, and these thoughts won't last forever.
WantToHelpp
It’s not normal. I used to think like that. So I went to a doctor. I was depressed. He put me on medication and slowly the thoughts went away. I don’t have them anymore. I’d recommend seeking out a suicide hot line, a counselor, and a doctor that specializes on depression and suicidal thoughts.
Lovingbutterfly66
That is not a normal or healthy feeling. Please see someone about these feelings. There is also the national suicide hotline which is completely anonymous.
Niyahh
I personally believe it is not normal to think about suicide daily. suicide is a serious issue. suicidal thoughts are real and daunting.
Aryon16
Well in my opinion sucide is not a good thing to think about. Now i know you might be going through something that has made you feel this way but seeing someone to help you with that is a good thing to do when you feel this way.