Is it ok to always depend on this site when you feel down?

Jui Shankar, Ph.D

My worldview offers a systems perspective that values diverse clients and their struggles. I believe supportive and nonjudgmental therapeutic relationships empower clients.

Emmur
Absolutely! I think that 7Cups is an incredible site that has lots of individuals who can both relate and bring you up during hard times. Think of it as depending on a friend that will always be there for you. 7Cups is here to support you, and I think that it's a good coping skill that has been created for our usage.
Anonymous
Yes, of course! We may not be able to give you all the help you may need, but we sure will try our best! This site is the first step of many towards progress!
StillLife
Although there's great self-help resources available on the site, it's not a substitute for a friend's or your family's support when you stumble and hurt. Meditation - done right - is also really helpful. Don't keep all your eggs in the same basket
XenSoftly
While 7 cups is a great resource, I believe that it is healthy to have many resources available to you in times of need, especially those that are available offline. I would encourage anybody to seek support from friends/family/professionals in their area in addition to online resources.
princessmissy007
Its okay to depend on this site, but maybe fine someone in person you may be able to depend on too?
BrodieAlexander
I would say that building a varied network of support systems is always better than relying heavily on one. I have seen most success when people's crisis survival/relapse prevention plans incorporate a number of skills, strategies, and supports. So, in short to always depend on any one thing may not be the best choice regardless of how effective it is.
Kallie112358
We all have different things that we depend on when we feel down - talking to people and our support system is a massive one of those - to me 7 cups is a friend who listens when I'm struggling so used in conjunction with other mechanisms it is a great place to reach out for help
Anonymous
If you feel comfortable coming to a listener on here, Than you can. But you can also confide in an adult or someone around you that you trust.
Anonymous
of coarse ! everyone needs someone to talk to. sometime people don't like to talk to their family and friends about whats on their mind. here at 7 cups we listen and no judging
Elena2081
I'm going to be honest with you. No, it is not oke to depend on the people here, maybe on some of them, but even the nicest people can just go offline and can't come back, even I have done it. And in all honesty I feel really bad that I did something dumb like that.
Anonymous
For me to come to this side when I feel down. Is in a way trying to find an escape someone truly brings me and hurts me. As much as we try not to depend on being here. It seems to be like an ember on that's left over from a fire. You pray and hope that that tiny piece of wood or charcoal that is still burning can give you the Comforts that we need to soothe the pain but we are having to deal with at that particular time. For me I I'm always looking for someone to care so deep that I can finally learn to move on not just as a listener but as a true genuine friends because in today's world in person it's very difficult to see that friends because you are so caught up with everything that is going on in this crazy world
Anonymous
Simple answer. Nope. You can come here often but it shouldn't be habitual. It shouldn't be only thing for ur low times, pick a place, some other person or activity and sometimes turn towards them instead of a site.
Tan18677051
May 3rd, 2018 6:16am
Well, not necessarily always, I mean sometimes we need to interact more people face-to-face to feel that human contact with friends and family.
Robinzoo
It is ok to return here when you are feeling down. It is although, not very good to be dependent on this site to feel happiness. The site is to help you through hard times, we are here to support you. In the end, you must only be dependent on you to find happiness and continue to be happy.
CJSmith1234567890
Not always, there are things in life that nothing can fix and this site as amazing as it is, it is not the answer to everything.
FelixLlyod
In here we are not doing anything but listen. If you feel up after you talked with us, this is your success, not ours. So, of course, you can come here and talk everytime you feel down but don't forget feeling happy or feeling up is your success and it depends on you.
Anonymous
Yes! That's nothing to be ashamed of, we all help eachother here and we always will, that's what we're here for!!
Helpfulhelen07
7cups listeners can definitely help you out when you are feeling down. 7cups has tons of helpful, caring and kind listeners. Knowing that you have someone there to listen to your problems and how you are feeling can definitely help. Depending on this site whenever you feel down, however may not always be the best thing. If the reason you feel down is something really serious it may be better to find a therapist to help you with what you are going through.
omica
Yes, of course! If you are chronically feeling bad, however, you may want to see a psychologist and maybe see if your emotions are deeper than just regular sadness.
HopieRemi
It is perfectly alright to come here when you're sad. We're here for you at your down times. We are glad that you have found something that you can depend on.
Anonymous
Yes it's okay to depend on this site when you're down, as it provides support and gives you tips to make you feel better.
Anonymous
I don't believe that it is okay to depend on this site. I find it's healthy to find other ways to make yourself feel better such as, exercise, reading, listening to music, or watching movies.
CoolBreeze16
Yes and no. Well, we have a lot of listeners waiting to listen to you! Whenever you feel down, feel like you need someone to talk to, you can come here and talk your heart out. We listeners are always here. But it's not a good thing to stay for a long time in front of your laptop or the smartphone you have. Besides, you should go outside often and talk to others whom you know well. It's okay even if you dont want to or cant! Because we are always here to help!
InnocentFairy89
It depend on the circumstances some time you need to go out and have fun in others ways. Only depending mmHg g on a sole thing is not healthy
Anonymous
This sight is a wonderful place to ask for help when you need to talk. everyone needs someone to talk to and if this site is the place you trust then its okay.
emitlove
This site brings healthy opportunities for you. But if you are at a risk of hurting yourself, or others, there are other resources that help you more appropriately and efficiently.
Millichidulinas
Yes, that's ok 'cause here you found your help, and if this is going to make you feel better, that's totally ok.
compassionateCat90
Thats what this site is here for. It's good to try and cope on your own at first but if you're having trouble, the listeners here and here to help people like yourself feel better
Anonymous
I am wondering that too. Since I came here I haven't cry and I am grateful for that. So I think doesn't matter that you depend on this site if you are feeling better.
Riko
In my opinion, this is not a good option. The site is nice but when you feel low and down it is always better to give your first preference to meet up with people in person. If you have no such confidantes in your life then yes you can depend on this site. If you get an understanding listener :)