Is it ok to always depend on this site when you feel down?

Jui Shankar, Ph.D

My worldview offers a systems perspective that values diverse clients and their struggles. I believe supportive and nonjudgmental therapeutic relationships empower clients.

AdmirableTree
Get what you need from here and take it with you. There's no time limit on healing, and no one can tell you how to move forward except yourself.
Anonymous
If coming on to 7 cups works for you, then you go ahead and do it as long as it helps you feel better!
TheTripleS719
Yes. If you feel like you can't turn to the people physically around you, or if you feel like messaging/texting is easier than talking, it's okay. All that matters is that you get your emotions out and you feel better.
OasisMermaid
It is ok to rely on this site for general issues. If you feel like you need professional help or advice, please contact a therapist or, if you're feeling suicidal, contact 9-1-1.
Anonymous
It is ok to depend on this site for times that you need to talk to someone, but it is important to practice self-love and figure out a "toolbox" of coping methods that you can use in case your computer or phone did not work or you couldn't contact a listener/group chat in a tough moment
psychopsychologist1896
Yess it is perfectly okay to know that you need help and ask for it. This site helps you uplift your mood so it's okay but you need to keep the words of listeners and therapists in your mind and help yourself when you can't approach this site
Anonymous
Of course it is. In 7 cups you can find people who want to listen to your problems for free and anonymously. Talking to friends or family about your problems though is obviously the better option but until you build the courage to talk to them, we'll be here for you.
MissLayla222
Absolutely! It does not matter where you get the support but that you get it. Taking care of out mental health is very important. And if it works, why change it.
Anonymous
It's not a good idea to always depend on any one thing. It's great that you are reaching out to 7cups in moments of need, but the larger goal is to build coping mechanisms and find the strength you already have within yourself to be able to cope without reaching out to 7cups.
LeonMcLion
Yes, there is no problem lending us your heart and giving us a chance to cheer you up whenever you feel down! In fact, it is a lot better than keeping all your misery to yourself. Caring listeners, like me will try our best to keep you company whenever you feel down and help you recover.
Tellyc
This site is an amazing resource for people, however if you are constantly feeling down it may be in your best interest to look to resources inside your community
Anonymous
I completely understand why you come here. I also want to be able to feel listened to. Would love to listen more about what brings your here.
Anonymous
You should always feel comfortable coming to this site. You should always feel safe and secure when talking to one of our listeners. But if you find yourself coming here too often, you should reach out to a therapist for more help.
TranquilPuppy90
While 7 Cups is an amazing resource with a wonderful community, I wouldn't recommend it as your only coping method. Speaking with a therapist or friends, taking a walk, or watching your favorite show are some other ways that you can get through those tough times. 7 Cups will always be here as a wonderful back up/resource.
Anonymous
October 2nd, 2016 4:37am
No, the listeners are human too. There may not always be someone around that can help with what you need.
Brighteyes86
It is ok to have support when you are feeling down. Look at being on this site as something positive because you know that people on this site care.
sweetnutella
I think it's okay to find help here. But someday, you must be able to face your own problem by yourself. But no matter what, we are always here for you :)
onedirection1213
sometimes like if it makes you feel better to talk/vent to someone to let all those's feelings out...
Anonymous
Of course it is :) It's what we're here for. The important thing is that you are here talking. It takes alot of courage to do that. Well done :)
MarchSand
I don't think is wrong. Sometimes we need to vent to somebody, talk about our feelings without feeling judged or uncomfortable and this is a great site to do so.
xCaringTeenx
Yes because you can get help too! This is a therapy site made for everyone , and I love to chat with another listener.
Chloe2626
We are always here for you. However, if you are suicidal, a hotline is best as they are fully trained for emergency situations.
Thebeatlesgirl
It certainly is not okay to ALWAYS depend on this site for help. I'd suggest getting help from actual people beside you who can guide you even better.
Chinmay96
Well depending on this site or anyone is good as it helps us, but too much dependency on something never helps actually! So it's we who have to mark a line on how much we depend on someone to feel better, but not to be over dependent so that it we become a addicted to it which is harmful in a way to us and others too!
calmPanda51
There is no harm in consulting anyone when you feel low, as long as you trust them and are ready to follow what they say. But, remember you are your best judge. Because, you know exactly what and why you are going through.
coffeekitten14
Sure thing! We're always here for you :).
Anonymous
I am a listener in this site for like 3 years and to be honest yes it helped me a lot.But no it is not okay to ALWAYS depend on this site.It's good to talk to someone face to face too.Your friends,your parents or a professional therapist.
gentleIris420
I don't think you should rely on it totally but think of it as a little boost :) Listeners are here to help but you won't completely recover here and no advice can be given so being dependant on it wouldn't be much good for yourself
Kelleyd83
October 22nd, 2016 5:18am
Honestly, I don't think it is. I think we need time to ourselves to develop certain coping skills that we can use other than talking to people. If we're constantly engaged in conversation, we can get depleted, even if someone else is very positive. Sometimes we need time alone, even if it's painful. This helps us develop our character by relying on ourselves rather than always relying on others to lift us up.
QueenPassion
Yes it's perfectly fine. It's what I did. I find it helpful since there are people here who understand you and some have been through the same as you but even if they haven't they still try to understand