Is there any way to not feel so tired and hopeless when I wake up in the morning?

Amelia Winsby, PsyD

I often work with clients who experience a wide range of emotions and difficulties. I am non-judgmental and enjoy working with individuals from all walks of life.

Anonymous
I like to get up and say, "I'm alive! I'm happy! I'm healthy! I'm going to have a good day!", all while throwing my hands up in the air. That usually gets me up!
Anonymous
First, get some sleep. Being human sucks in some ways, one of which is our sleep requirement. The mind simply is not ready to function with any sort of balance if it is not well rested; same goes for the rest of the body. Next, when you get up, find something, anything that is enjoyable and beneficial to do in the morning. Even if it requires getting up earlier, do it. Come to 7cups and start the day with an empowering chat or forum post. Do inventory on yourself and note the positives in the day. My day has, for decades, started with a good cup of coffee, cream and sugar, and a critter or two surrounding me. It gets me sorted out for the day.
Kheana
Set a routine and make little goals throughout the day. If you set a routine, then your circadian rhythm will start to become more regular (bed time and wake up time the same everyday). Make little goals throughout the day, which include taking the dog out for a walk, cleaning your room, booking appointments etc. Praise yourself on these little goals and work your way up.
HealingSinthia
Powerful affirmations by patting your back and saying, i love you and am proud of you. This would help to make you feel motivated. Hypnosis sessions just after waking up works best when our sub conscious mind is active and free of other negative thoughts of the day. Having a morning walk in nature and practicing mindfulness is a great idea to boost your hope towards yourself and life. And of course, a good sleep at night is very essential to feel fresh in the morning as you wake up. Listening to mantras in morning helps too.
JocePunk123
Listening to your favorite song and making others happy it always makes me happier or just telling myself today going be the best and it's up to me to make it that way.
Dannus
I set an alarm on my phone that has a song i like that plays, quiet and calm, yet one i like. Doing this and changing it often can make you feel so much better starting off your day!
positiveWhisper24
February 22nd, 2016 10:59am
Take a hot shower, and tell yourself that even if you feel tired and hopeless, you can still get up and get through the day, and that is incredible.
BabyAmoeba
Some tired and hopeless in the morning is mental, some physical. Try and cut down on the physical by drinking enough water before you sleep - dehydration make you feel tired and cruddy in the mornings - and try and stick to a routine that gives you a good quantity of sleep. That way you have half the battle won!
Helloworldeb95
Its good to go to bed early, without you phone or any distractions so you can get up early and be well rested. Another thing i would advise is brushing your teeth and having breakfast as soon as you get up. Having breakfast and drinking something e.g. water, ASAP after you wake up will raise your energy levels and make you feel less sleepy when getting ready. Another thing that could help is dancing to your favourite music in the morning, to put you in a good mood. Message me if you would like some more advice.
Nansidrew
You wake up. It's a beautiful day. Or, it's cloudy. You're going to do something productive today. You're going to help someone. You're going to help yourself. You're going to change the world, even though yours is collapsing. Making a conscious decision to change your life is all you need to thrive, and change your view on a new day. Xxx
ShiroiMana
This may sound absurd, but I have found that blasting my favourite music and dancing for a bit helps me a lot to feel better when I wake up!
thetruepixie
April 22nd, 2015 9:06am
What I do to get a good start in the mornings is to take a cold shower and just listen to some of my favourite songs.. that usually sets my mood for the day!
alanbabani
Go to the bed on time, and try to make your day better. Pray to God before you sleep and take a hot shower this will let you feel fresh.
cherishedJoy15
Yes start you day off with an inspiring quote. Put it on your bathroom mirror and while you brushing your teeth it will lift your spirits.
Anonymous
The best thing to do so you don't wake up feeling tired and useless is getting a good night's sleep. Also be sure to being doing something you enjoy before you go to bed it will help your overall mood in the morning.
trisjlistens
For me, it is praying. For me, praying cleanses my body and soul and it gives me hope that everything will be okay.
friendlyTree1961
Try to set small goals for yourself. Do the dishes, have breakfast, get change up brush your teeth. Small tasks like these are a positive step in the right direction!
JaideC777
Listen to your favorite music and do some light exercise! Think about what a lovely day you're going to have!
AmyJulianna
Try doing yoga! It gives me a calm and peaceful start of the day every time I do it. Walking around the block probably helps too.
fromcamille
Think of something beautiful. I recommend staying away from someone beautiful since this could lead us to form a dependency on others. Think of a certain aspect of nature, a concept such as hope or joy, a book/movie, etc. When you find yourself unmotivated, hopeless, worthless, depressed and so much more, remember that there are infinite amount of beauties waiting to been seen by you. You deserve to experience them again, and to feel a sense of belonging among that.
wishfulVision96
Maybe try making a goal for yourself everyday, something you know you would want to do and something that is good for you.
Anonymous
I find it really hard to get out of bed in the mornings, so I try to create a morning routine for myself so that I have something to look forward to right after I wake up. This could be a cup of tea or coffee, a nice breakfast or maybe you love doing your makeup or could could cuddle with your pet, whatever it is you like to do. It is also important to try to get enough sleep, exercise and eat a healthy diet so that you are less tired. I understand that is it difficult to follow these steps, I myself often find it hard to do so, but take it easy and do one step at a time. I hope this helps someone