Online Volunteer Opportunities: Why should I be a 7Cups listener?

Meredith Seltzer, LPC

The therapeutic relationship can assist you in accomplishing your goals and clarifying your wants and needs. As a skilled counselor and therapist I will help you along the way

Anonymous
7 Cups of Tea is a wonderful site that allows you to provide anonymous support to whom ever you wish whenever you want. It gives you the potential to make a positive influence in someone's life, and create change.
Schultzy
Being a listener is truly an amazing experience. If you're someone who's a good listener, likes to try and help other people, and just want to talk in general, it's a great thing. Once you're a listener you start to learn new social skills such as how to talk to people about very specific situations, how other people look at situations, and you get to meet people that might be going through something that you once did. Personally for me I've learned tons on how to be better at listening, I've found ways to deal with my situations differently and better after talking to another person who had a similar situation, and best of all it's just an amazing community to be apart of.
Keola
I have experienced so much issues in my years living on this earth. I found 7c one night when I felt I was losing it. I connected with a few listeners and made several friends and since them 7c have been my family. I feel like i know how valuable a listener is and that I can pay forward what I received here as a member. That's why I became a listener, to help others the same way I was helped by my listeners and friends.
lovelyOcean15
Im here because of my internship. Another reason that made me be here is because I love helping. I can totally understand when people want to talk and to be listened. Im glad I have found this site
LifeIsABeautifulMelody
I think if we will try tracing back evolution, we will find we all have the same roots. I mean we are all in this together! We all want to love and to be loved , accepted , and understood . And may be sometimes life doesn't work according to us at that time we may feel hopeless.. that's the time we can help each other. Personally i feel happy and satisfied after helping a person .
alphabetboy
Being a 7Cups listener is one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. You get to help people, and you're not only making them feel good, you feel good yourself.
Anonymous
You should be a 7 cups listener because you have the opportunity to help people in need and make a difference in how many people feel. You could actually make a positive impact on someone who has been burdened by sadness or depression for a long time and helping someone like this could help you too in a way. And it could help improve you as a person if you want to do more good.
Ginieboops
It's an amazing experience, you get to meet and help new people, be a support for people who need it, better understand yourself and explore problems, make friends with other listeners, and do things that really make a difference; I will never regret my decision to join- best choice of my life.
Anonymous
You should become a listener because it's a great feeling knowing that you may have help someone cheer their day up or have helped them with a problem that they may have had
Anonymous
Being a 7cups listener helps teach you the difference between empathy and sympathy, helps you become even more compassionate, and helps you learn how to talk less and listen more. Additionally, you will find many people with varying degrees of different issues and backgrounds, and those people can help you feel not so alone in your own struggles, or even teach you something new you had known about or realized before. After being a listener, I have found myself using listening skills offline in casual conversations all the time, and it has improved my social skills significantly. I also listen to myself a little easier and am a little kinder in my internal dialogue. Great question!
Anonymous
Becoming a 7 Cups listener not only gives you the opportunity to help others in need, but also helps you to learn, grow and mature!
Anonymous
This is the most rewarding thing I have ever been apart of. You meet people form different situations and you are given the unique opportunity to help them. I am so happy I am apart of the 7 cups family.
leanonme93
If you have the experience that could possibly help someone, why not? You never know unless you do it.
ItWillBeOkaySarah
Its a wonderful feeling when you help someone :) I became one because I knew a listener helped me, so at first I felt like I had to. Now I just love 7 Cups.
Anonymous
Being a 7Cups listener is a big responsibility, but it makes you feel special because you are helping people to deal with their unspoken problems. It gets hard from time to time, but seeing someone thanking you and dealing with their issues instead of hiding then is worth the time.
Ere
Being an active listener is an extremely fulfilling opportunity - it allows you to volunteer (which is always great if your work or an organization gives you brownie points for it) while talking to people and giving back a little bit of what has been given to you.
chocolate15
You should become a 7Cups listener because it's a great feeling to help others and know that they are happier . This site saves a lot of lives in my opinion.
heavenlyEagle22
Being a listener helps you to feel better about yourself when you are able to change the life of someone else, by just listening, or sharing a friendly caring word with someone, its also a learning process that helps you gain the knowledge you need in order to become a better listener and to be an all rounder to be able to deal with a variety of situations.
glisteningTree50
When volunteering to help others, we ourselves feel good because we know we're useful in some way. To make someone else's day is probably the best thing anyone could do!
Anonymous
If you feel like you would love to help others, then becoming a Listener is right for you. Honestly, it can be a bit overwhelming at times, but it is SO worth it. I love being a Listener. I've been through problems of my own and to help others who feel the same way I used to feel makes me feel outstanding. It's just a heartwarming feeling to be able to help.
Florallyme
For me, being a 7 cups listener has been a privilege. It has allowed me to connect with people from all over the world who simply need someone to be there for them. Not only have I helped people by listening to their varied life stories, it has assisted me in appreciating that all of us have a story to tell, and that we all have a voice that deserve to be heard. I strongly encourage anyone who is considering to becoming a listener to sign up. You are helping yourself by helping others!
sharkfriend
August 23rd, 2015 12:15am
You should be a 7Cups listener because you can help those who need it and because you can learn so much about yourself during the process.
hoppingpen
Listeners change lives. You never know when you're going to literally save someone just by being you! Listeners get the opportunity to stretch their psychology skills and exercise empathy and compassion. Not to mention some serious karma points :)
imaginedragonz
There can be many reasons, but over time I realised that one of the great advantages of being a listener is when a person struggling through life reaches out to you and is truly grateful. When you receive a message saying something like 'You made my day' or 'thank you, I truly needed that' You realise that helping others is a wonderful thing to do.
Stillhappyy
Helping people will make you happy :) you will help someone. they will be happy then you will be happy for making someone happy :) happy happy happy
igokaskowitz
Seven Cups allows therapeutic listening sessions for people who may not have people willing to listen to them. The world needs more listeners simply because not everyone has a listener in their life.
LadyJuh21
Because it is a great opportunity for you to help people and learn from them. Being a listener also helps us in our personal growth and enlarge our capacity for empathy
GoodVibes8
There are so many benefits of becoming a 7 Cups Of Tea listener! First of all, you are trained in Active Listening when you first start, which you can use as a listener and in your personal life. There's also a large amount of informative, useful training courses that are provided by the website. The courses cover a variety of topics such as anxiety, alcohol/drug abuse, bullying, traumatic experiences, and more and teaches you coping mechanisms that you can use yourself! Another reason why you should be a 7 Cups listener is because it gives you the opportunity to help people from all over the world and make a difference in their life. You get to learn about different cultures while you help people with all kinds of problems and issues they're experiencing. As a listener, you receive reviews and feedback after most chats and once you see all the good things people say about you and how much you've helped them, you'll feel amazing. These are just a few reasons why you should be a 7 Cups listener. Good luck, I hope you join us. :)
Being A listener in my opinion is a great way to help others, help the community, be there for someone in need and many other wonderful opportunities to feel good and to make someone else feel good also.
Anonymous
For me, it's because you can be helpful and actually save someone's life. It feels really good and gives you a reason to feel better about yourself! I think if you're up to it you should go for it