Online Volunteer Opportunities: Why should I be a 7Cups listener?

Meredith Seltzer, LPC

The therapeutic relationship can assist you in accomplishing your goals and clarifying your wants and needs. As a skilled counselor and therapist I will help you along the way

RyleeOk21
Helping people is the greatest opportunity ! Giving back to the community has never been so rewarding and beneficial!
Tomislav
Volunteering on 7 Cups is a good way to share your life experience and sorrows...I joined 7Cups out of the desire to try and help them combat their issues with my own past experiences. It is a good way to boost your self worth, to become more compassionate and understanding and to understand people's issues better. It is very rewarding for your soul to know you helped someone. But be aware that not everyone can become listeners and that it takes a certain amount of time, feelings, effort and emotions to put into. It can be very draining and not everyone is up to it. Let us all grow on this path together, we are all human beings above all else :)
Anonymous
Not only can you be of assistance to someone else, it may very well help you put your troubles into perspective. Those things that you have already had experience with may not have been so pleasant, but it will give you empathy and understanding for someone going through the same thing
BenListens
I have found that Listening on 7cups has helped me in just about every aspect of my life. It made me realize what I want to do for a career, it cheers me up, and it helps other people! Why NOT be a 7cups listener?
katelyn12
To help people help themselves. I realise that this isn't for everybody, but it does have benefits for how it helps the people who need someone to be there for them and just listen to them and not judge them.
Dylannerdy15
Because it feels amazing to help other people through their own problems. When I was just a member I was so glad I had a great listener and realised, I could make someone else feel that way about me. I could help someone like I had been helped and I had experience in some areas. There's no better feeling than the feeling of helping someone through a tough time.
StayStrong152
If you do certain qualifications you can use your volunteer work here as something you can use for jobs or colleges perhaps. Not to mention, volunteering here is just a really good thing to do. You get to talk to people and be of use, you can genuinely know you are helping someone who really needs you. It is just a really good thing to do and you should try it.
kindRose22
Everyone needs someone to talk to at some point. Being a listener you can help people a lot and who knows you could even save someones life
Anonymous
To kill time and collect cheers, rating and levels. Nah, kidding, you're here to help people through hardships.
sumansam
It's not a game. So, if you think you're responsible and up for the task, then only consider being one.
SugarMama
It is such a rewarding feeling to give apart of yourself to someone else.To have them open up to you
Anonymous
Ask not what 7 Cups can do for you, but what you can do for 7 Cups. (; If you're looking to make a real difference in someone's life, then you've come to the right place.
intelligentReeds12
I know it feels great to help others who are facing a variety of problems. It can also help you out also knowing you are not the only one facing these issues. With your personal experiences it can help people out so much with their own issues.
Anonymous
I think it underrated how valuable it is to have someone to listen to when facing difficult situations. It helps a lot of people to sort their sorts to just write down what is on their minds, and sometimes this is easier for them to do when they know someone is listening and caring. Being a listener can be challenging , but also so rewarding.
Blackadam
we all are here for 1 things - to help some and to light a spark in them so that they again can be happy :)
Rainseason
Because you could really help some people and you feel so happy when you do that:) it's truly the best feeling when you help someone in need of help:D
Sandra42
Because a lot of us here listening put all our time In listening to what you have to say and we understand you because many of us have needed someone to talk to and know how It feels to just want someone to hear you out.
Anonymous
Being a 7 cups listener is definitely worth it. You get to help people. Helping people always make me into a better mood :)
whimsicalMoment68
Because you can help people easily and it doesn't require payment and stuff, it's easy and simple .
erin749
Being a 7 cups of tea listener allows you to provide support to those who feel as if they are alone in the world. It give you a sense of accomplishment and self worth to actually be able to help someone who feels so lost. I TOO was once lost, but have finally found my way thanks to a fellow listener. Pay it forward.
catherine13
You should be a listener, because there are tons of people out there who feel misunderstood, sad, lonely, even depressed. Being a listener gives you the opportunity to talk to those people and actually help them get through the day and feel better. Knowing you helped someone today will make you happier tomorrow.
ListeningOak
I choose to be a listener to try and help others by being the person I needed when I was growing up.
Anonymous
Because it can help you. It is something has should not be taken for granted and can be a difficult and taxing job but it is the most fulfilling experience I have ever had. Not only does it help others because they have someone to talk to it helps you because you feel good helping new people, you learn new things, and gain new experiences and characteristics from being a 7 cups listener. It is a help help situation!
NorEdin
October 22nd, 2015 10:28am
In order to contribute to solving the problems of the people and thus contribute to a better life for others
namiBhatt
Being a 7Cups listener is an immensely rewarding experience.. Firstly, as humans, we all know what it feels like to be down in the dumps and we all know how much we would value a kind word and an empathetic ear while we are going through such a phase in our lives.. It surely makes another person's day when they feel like someone cares about what they are going through.. Secondly, as a listener, one gets to learn a lot about human nature.. What drives people.. What influences them positively, as well as negatively.. How each individual has their own set of values and hopes and dreams and how one can learn to accept and respect these differences and also be able to appreciate that one thing which binds us all together - the human connection.. Thirdly, it helps one understand themselves better and grow as individuals by broadening their perspective and ability to empathize and also by instilling self-confidence..
YourFutureBestFriend
Well, members get help, but listeners provide help! You can still go into your MEMBER account and get help. You'll probably remain a listener fourths most part.
BlindSniper
Because you have the opportunitty to help others. You get to improve your social abilities and understand how people work. It's amazing.
KelleyE
Well, if you are seriously considering being a 7Cups listener, I think you should go into it because there is no greater feeling than helping another. It can be really difficult for people to seek out help and as a listener, you may be the first line of help for a caller. You may be the person that puts a smile on their face for the first time in days, weeks or even months. It's worth it and very rewarding.
Anonymous
7Cups has a really great system for listeners that ensures the safety of both chatter and listener. The chance to try and help others through difficult times is a precious one, and the happiness you get from a successful conversation is very heartwarming. Everybody wins:)
Anonymous
You would help other people and that would spread good. Helping other people is a good way to feel good about yourself too.