What do I do when I feel like I've hit rock bottom and I'm not worth it anymore?

Portugal

Jennifer Patterson, LMFT, ATR-BC

Art Therapist

Life can be messy. Sometimes you need a little support to make your way through it. I love to help guide people through their challenges & to find the beauty in our messes.

Anonymous
You have to keep going.. There will be light through the darkness.. Just try everything you can to get by.. Seek help from a psychologist or psychiatrist. If you don't have the money, try to get a job.. I know that social anxiety can make things really difficult but try to just think clearly and do what you have to, to get by..
Caringheart23
I'm sorry you feel this way. I know how hard it. But think about it- only way from bottom is up. Maybe it's time to live life to the fullest. And it's not a shame in finding someone who can help you achieve it. Cause I know you're worth it ❤
gracefulNutella94
I challenge my thinking by telling myself I am worth it, and build on facts not self seen ideas that brought me down in the first place, and find a friend for support , and come to 7 cups .
Anonymous
I talk to my best friends and they help me get back up by reminding me I'm a unique, amazing person
paradoxum
Look to the positive. The best part about hitting rock bottom is that there's nowhere to go but up.
Fraz
Well, since you're already at rock bottom, there's only one way to go now and that's up. Start small and reward yourself for everything you do. Just saying "good job" to yourself shall suffice. Gradually, you'll find yourself changing. Good luck.
L1ttleBlueB1rd
When I've hit rock bottom, I reach out to someone I trust. I would probably tell my dietitian, counselor, and psychiatrist before I said anything to my mom. Having intense feelings and thoughts feels awful, and it's hard to snap out of unless you have a support team to help you climb out. If the only option after you have tried others is to check yourself into the hospital, do it. Yes, it is scary the first time, but if that is what it takes to make sure you are safe, then go with it, even though you probably strongly don't want to. Take Care! Stay Strong!
elainedsouza
Remember, you are always more than worth it. You have a purpose. Yes, you have your good days and bad days and this is just a phase of your life. With every day your battle gets stronger, you get stronger and you can get through this. You're amazing and you deserve every bit of happiness.
originalbraveheart63
Just do something you like, or something that makes you feel better, bad days sometimes come but doing stuff you enjoy can help.
caringPeace14
Well. I like to remind myself that what ever I do that it will have a reaction, either now or laiter. When I feel this way, I like to go and serve someone because doing so reminds me that I DO make a difference and serving someone helps me remember that I can make a positive difference in somebody's wether anonymously or not. :)
elmage
From personal experiences, when I feel like I've hit rock bottom I also realize two things; I still have life and I have nothing more to lose, With this realization I dedicate my undivided attention towards learning a skill that is unrelated to what I already know and it helps me get back up.
Anonymous
You start over, and you find your worth. If people around you are not being supportive, they don't deserve to even be near you because what you need is happiness. You need people who care about you as much as you care about them. It might seem in this world that there are very few who are compassionate and kind, but there are. And when you find those people, they will be one of the greatest parts of your life. We are all worth something. You are worth something. Whether it takes you a million years to figure that out, if you are not happy with the way you are living or the situation you are in, find a way to start anew because there is a always an escape; there is always a way. Watch Shawshank Redemption.
Muntasir
I sleep like a child. I don't know, it's a natural response. I crave for communication. I start to get hold of myself once I find someone to whom I can talk to comfortably.
Anonymous
It's impossible to live your life without ups and downs. You can feel amazing one minute and then come crashing down the next. However, that doesn't mean you're not worth it. I read this somewhere online: If I handed you a twenty dollar bill, would you want it? If I folded it and half and handed it to you, would you still want it? If I crumpled it up, threw it on the ground, and stomped on it, would you still want it? Yes! You're that twenty dollar bill (even though your life is priceless and so much more than money can buy). You may get battered, beaten up, and torn around the edges. You may fall down and feel like you've hit rock bottom. However, do not ever doubt your worth, because you are strong and none of those things will ever define you
Poweriskey
When you hit rock bottom you should think of people you love or do something you love. But we all cope differently. If none of those work I suggest to consult a counselor.
Anonymous
You are always worth it. Try and remember points in your life which make you happy or do activities which make you smile - whether it be talking to a friend, walking in the woods or reading a good book. The little things in life really make life worth living. Also remember, if you've hit rock bottom, you can only go up from there.
Azurentz
Well, once you've hit rock bottom, there's only one way to go, up. But you also have two options, either stay down there or climb your way back up. I'd suggest looking for the little things in your life that motivate you, even the slightest. A hobby that makes you gets you off the couch and happy. If you learn to treasure the little things in life, slowly you'll find yourself happier and more willing to expand your horizons.
JoyfulPikachu
Talking to others about how you're feeling and why you're feeling that way can help you feel better, they can brainstorm with you to figure out solutions. They will love and support you!
Lights9
well, first of all, you have to read about mindfulness and practice it, because you are surely overthinking. then, try to always chase the bright side. Don't ever try to convince yourself that there's no bright side in your life! don't make yourself feel as if nobody's home. there's someone whom you'll always belong to, try to talk with him about you feeling down. it will make you feel much better of course.
Anonymous
Don't loose hope! We all have our hard days but you ARE worth it everyone is since everyone is special, try doing something that you love to do such as a hobby usually helps.
lauren5118
Talk to someone because you are worth evrything no matter how much you feel you arent we here at seven cups all love you :*
Anonymous
You are always worth it.Try doing things you like and you are good at.Let's be honest,everyone is good at something and if you think you are not,you are lying to yourself.Ignore people that say you are not.
Anonymous
You can never be unworthy,despite everything going around you are still here and of course with your good deeds,One day you smiled at that girl/ boy and made her/him feel loved,One day you fed your dog and it was grateful to have you,One day you felt bad about yourself and someone out there thought that he can be the one who takes you out of your dark days, You still worth it,Dear. And believe me people who do not worth it do not never think that they do not worth it. Side note: you worth it because just right now you made me feel how I worth it too.
Anonymous
That's a lie. You are worth more than you can ever imagine. Never will hope ever disappear. Never ever give up.
Piglett
Listen to good music, read up on a funny blog/watch some funny videos. Most importantly though, talk and spend time with people who make you smile, and who will point out all of your best qualities, even when you can't see them yourself :)
fandomfanatic367
Well,, I draw and listen to music on YouTube while skyping my friends. They all understand me and go through similar things so we all help each other out
Mocha3800
When you hit rock bottom reach out for support. Tell them you have hit rock bottom.. check in to Detox then into a treatment facility to get the help you need. Talk to someone that can help you if you can't do it on your own.
Kaysha
You remember that you are worth it, and you should try and find a way to climb back up. You can't let rock bottom be the end.
ThaliaRavenclaw
Think that the only way is up, that you've just hit a base that will help you rebuild everything that you want to do with your life. Build the foundation a little stronger this time and next time when the wind blows, you will stay up. :)
Anonymous
I feel helpless. Like I am not worth it and life is actually just nothing. Might as well not be here.