What do I do when I feel like I've hit rock bottom and I'm not worth it anymore?

Portugal

Jennifer Patterson, LMFT, ATR-BC

Art Therapist

Life can be messy. Sometimes you need a little support to make your way through it. I love to help guide people through their challenges & to find the beauty in our messes.

majesticturtle33
You should seek help from a friend, family member,GP or a suicide crisis if you feel like you are in immediate danger.
intern
Take a second and think...don't give up think positive and things will get better I try not to think negative
eternalHero77
I breathe, meditate, call someone & ask for help. I try going out, taking walks, prayer & be positive
Anonymous
Think about all the good things that have happened and imagine your bright future and how much you have ahead of you.
Anonymous
I have felt that before. You could be experiencing depression. I would try to find the reason, maybe contact a psychiatrist.
ImaginaryPainting
In this case, it's important to reach out to a person you trust and tell them how you feel. Try to find anything that you like: good music and good movies, trying to take short walks or just eat some tasty food, ice cream etc. Try to take small steps.
GingerCatGirl
Talk to somebody. You aren't alone and there is help out there. Talk to your friends or your family, your doctor or your teacher, a therapist or someone here.
Aetherius
Hitting rock bottom is something that happens to everyone once, twice, ten times in their life. What's important is that you realise that this feeling is always temporary, even if it doesn't feel that way. Spend time with your loved ones, practise self compassion, and turn your mind to other things. Keep busy. This too will pass.
cuddlyWaterfall12
There are a lot of things to do when you feel like you've hit rock bottom and that you're not worth it anymore, First and foremost is to understand that there is a way back up and you are deserving of love and care! Secondly, spending time doing things you love with good company is the best solution for everything. Thirdly, reaching out for help and knowing that you don't have to face anything alone is important.
Anonymous
You should always seek help and not let it consume you. Sharing your problems with others is not a weakness, it is the exact opposite. And whatever you're going through, remember, you are never alone and you always worth it.
Anthony974
Everyone has a purpose in this world. Once you reach rock bottom, you can't go any lower. You can only go up, and rise, and that is what you will do. Reach the top and become the greatest person you can become.
Anonymous
Rock bottom is the lowest point, you have no choice but to go up! Focus on the good things, even if their tiny, even if the good things are as small as "I got out of bed today" or "The sun is shining today". Treat yourself with love and patience and focus on slowly changing bad things into good things.
ItThatShinesAbove
I try to focus on something else to forget what made me think such things. I work on some of the issues that brought me down, but only one at a time, not to be overwhelmed by the memories of a dark period like that. Eventually proving myself that I am good in some ways will help getting better.
ManiRose
You can look at all the progress you've made and how far you've come. If you're creative, you can look at some artwork or something you've created and look at your progress in that aspect! Stay strong, you are definitely worth it.
VSK22
When you hit rock bottom you will realize low low will the world go and how high should you go.Giving a sensible thinking will make you realize the mistakes.A building can only stand tall if the base is strong .So when you are at rock bottom start building a base that is rock solid so you will never fall when you reach the unseen heights.
Anonymous
You should seek professional help right away. Tell your parents about it and go see a therapist, stay strong!
harikrupak
I know how it feels to experience that emotion about yourself. You do not have to feel unworthy of yourself. You need to take a deep breath, look around you, stay around the people who love you for what you are, who you are and just put one foot in front of the other and get through the day. You are a beautiful human being and you shouldn't feel that way about yourself even for a second!
JoePeace25
I stop and think until I come up with a helpful, thought out solution that works for everyone. That way, I don't get myself into more trouble by making a rash decision.
sereneStrawberry33
It's very possible you just need a new perspective. Perhaps there is a way to get out of your situation but you haven't found it yet because you have been talking to the wrong people. Take care to notice if somebody has been repeatedly feeding you- information about yourself. It might not all be true, or maybe just be from their warped perspective. If some negative things are true about yourself - for example, if you are lazy, or do immoral things - try to correct these behaviors comma perhaps with a counselor or a support group on or offline, and try to turn your life around. All people are worth it simply because they are alive. another thing to keep in mind is that we do have a rather unhealthy society today, in which people are not conditioned to seek human contact, but to seek wealth and materialism. It is true that it can be hard to find a fulfilling life today. But there are lots of people out there who still have a healthy mindset, and it is possible to find them if you look. Changing your diet and getting some exercise can help, and also getting a life goal can work. If you feel like you can't reach your goals because of the way society is set up, perhaps make your goal to change society.
CuddlyWuddly
I’ve been in some bad situations in my life, to say the least. Who hasn’t, right? Some of them were of my own creation and others came straight out of left field and were nearly impossible to prepare for. Here’s a list of things I discovered that helped me find some relief during my, personal, rock bottom. 1. Be nice to people. If you can be kind through your dark times and not bite the unsuspecting heads off of innocent bystanders, you’ll find your personal happiness uplifted. It won’t pay your bills or fix your health, but it will give you some personal satisfaction and gratification. 2. Accomplish something During low points, or mine at least, I felt like a total failure. Things felt pointless for awhile, I won’t lie. I had a hard time focusing on things that felt worth living for. But then, stubbornness took hold and I realized, that when you’re struggling between that month’s rent and eating, even small accomplishments are worthy of note. Clean your house, go for a run, finish a book, finish a story, write a book, volunteer, ect. Just do something, and feel good about it. It is the reason that's why I joined 7cups. I love helping people and give them support when needed.
birdwatcher444
The only thing you can do from there is work your way up. You've made it this far. Even if you can't see the sun shining right now, it's still there, just hidden behind the clouds. You're so very strong. Best of luck.
happyevie3
As simple as it sounds, I always try to remind myself: it can always be worse. It helps to think that even in the midst of hitting rock bottom, there HAS to be at least one positive aspect to my life.
Rakune
Although it's difficult to do so, approach your friends, and consult a therapist. The latter doesn't always work for me, but having friends around always does. They remind me that I'm great and stuff. (Even when I don't feel that way.) And even if I didn't believe them, I felt as if I was being supported at least.
Anonymous
The only way left for you to go is up! Find something in life that you enjoy, and really get into it. Enjoy what it feels like to live! Go to that special tree that you've always loved, sit down at a cafe and drink your favorite drink, be with other people. Be content with yourself.
Caramelle23
I just cry myself out. Crying really helps me to burst out all of the sadness and hatred inside of me. After I cry, it makes me feel better and I look up in the internet of motivational and inspiring stories and quotes. It really helps me to think positively. I believe in myself that I can rise up again after I fall so deeply. I have this quote that helps me. F.E.A.R. has two meanings - Forget Everything And Run OR Face Everything And Rise
jellyfishMonstHEART
One things to do is try to point out the good things that happened in your day or week. You can keep a journal, or even just think about them during the day when you're feeling down to bring you back up.
Elvalight
May 3rd, 2017 6:16am
Realize that this will pass. No matter how bad things get, things will always get better. There is no such thing as "worth it". You don't owe anything to anyone. Your mere existence is for yourself. You can reach for dreams if you like, but if they don't come true there is always another option out there. Life is anything that keeps you deciding to live every day. You don't have to be anything that amazing, but realize the fact that your body keeps you alive every day, that blood keeps pumping through you, that you are capable of thinking and feeling and dreaming is amazing enough. I've felt how you feel so many times but I always find a reason to keep living. My favorite tv show, my favorite songs, and the possibility that things will get better. Trust me, you can do this.
Anonymous
You have to believe in yourself, it's okay to lose, it's okay to be angry, no matter what people think of you, as long as you believe in yourself, then nothing else matters
Anonymous
Think of everything in your life that is important to you, what you live for e.g. family, friends, pets etc. and concentrate on what makes you smile so it will hopefully make you feel better. Think about what you've done for other people. another way of making yourself feel better is to listen to music.
Theoneguywholistens
If you really have hit rock bottom, then remember it cannot get worse than that. So you have to start moving up, step by step, until you are better. Also, no matter who you are, you are ALWAYS worth something to someone, even if just a little bit. Remember those two things and you might get out of the dark hole you have fallen into.