What do I do when I feel like I've hit rock bottom and I'm not worth it anymore?

Portugal

Jennifer Patterson, LMFT, ATR-BC

Art Therapist

Life can be messy. Sometimes you need a little support to make your way through it. I love to help guide people through their challenges & to find the beauty in our messes.

Anonymous
Reach out for help. Whether it be a friend, a family member, a doctor, or someone here on this site. Know you aren't alone, even if you feel like you are.. there are so many others who have felt the way you do and have climbed up from rock bottom. You may feel like there's no hope right now but trust me, life is beautiful and worth living. And you were out here for a reason.
fancySong79
It seems like you're having a depressive episode, my best advice is tell someone, a parent, friend, sibling. If you live alone ask the person to stay over to keep an eye on you. And do as much as you can to distract yourself. Try not to keep your mind on it, talk to listeners On here.
Anonymous
Just know that you are loved. You are worth everything and more. Just because you can't see it yourself doesn't mean no one else does. Try to learn to accept yourself and practice self love. Appreciate yourself because you deserve the best things in life
Anonymous
The thing about hitting rock bottom is that you can only go upwards from there. You are worth it, no one is worthless. You may feel otherwise but remember, just because a $100 note may be crumpled, it does not lose its worth - no matter what happens to it - because it is still $100, it never loses that worth. The same goes for you.
insightfulBraveheart33
I have felt like that a lot. But you have got to understand- all this is a part of life. We need pain to know what happiness and comfort is. When you feel you have hit the rock bottom, you just have to believe that the only way you can go is up. Keep telling yourself you are fine, that everything is fine and you will be fine. You might not even believe in it, but guess what? When you repeat it to yourself again and again, the positive thought convinces you that you will be fine. You are worth so much more. Believe in it. The world was created for you.
enchantingTime48
I usually take a nap because that influences my mood a lot. I also talk to strangers online. Sometimes a conversation with someone you don't​ know can give you new insight on problems or worries.
Freedomisastateofmind
Remember that you are worth it and that you matter. We all hit low points but you got to keep going.
MinjaMak
I listen to uplifting music and find motivational quotes along with spending quality time outdoors or with my closest friends.
SpeakFriendAndOpen
You get up, seek help and move on with your life. Work, activity and familie are the important stuff that make our life. When they are in order ( as much as is in your control) the rest will fall into place.
Anonymous
you are the one who choose your price tag, nevertheless you could always choose to be priceless, every time you feel worthless do an effort, take a step forward and challenge yourself in something you thought you could never achieve. persistence is the master of all, falling down and failing is part of the journey it is what gives the end its worth. you can not expect to see the rainbow without dancing under the rain. So every time you feel like its the end make your brand new beginning :)
talktomeok
i stay at home and play computer games till i feel much better and start digging my way up so i can feel better, or i pretend i am perfect and talk myself up. and i create imaginary people who talk myself up all the time.
Anonymous
Keep up and never give up always stay strong no matter what you are beautiful inside out always remember that
mvpeng
Try to remember that you are better than your worst days. Everyone in this world has a purpose, and you just need to find yours. It always sounds cheesy but things can and do get better, but it does take some hard work sometimes. But as long as you try, things have a way of working out.
Anonymous
You first remember that every human being has value, a statement which includes you! If these sorts of thoughts enter your head often, seeking help from a professional is a good idea, as it may indicate underlying problems such as depression. On a more practical level, surrounding yourself with friends and family may help take your mind off things, and if this is not an option, pursuing hobbies (paininting, running, walking, sports etc.) may also help bring back a sense of purpose and help you feel happier!
OwlsSanctum
Well, if you are asking this question and are reading this answer, you are already taking the first step. And I am sure glad that you are! The first step is to look for help! Hitting rock bottom is a terrible feeling. It is scary, frustrating and depressing to the point of despair. There just doesn't seem to be a solution or a good way out, and it doesn't help that you are feeling worn out and at wits end. It is important to realise that when we feel like we don't have the energy to fight out of the hole we are in, that there are other people around who care, who want to be there, to listen and to help. Its important to reach out, find someone to talk about things with. On this site, it might not be the first person you get connected to. Don't feel bad about talking to a few people until you find someone who understands where you are coming from. Draw on their insight, their experiences, their encouragement. Its a great first step.
neverendingMagic55
You listen to your inner voice and you will know that you are worth it because there is someone in the world who cares about you and that someone may as well be me. I know that it is hard and I know that it really seems like no one cares, but you've got someone, and that someone will always be there for you and that someone is you-- yourself. There's a quote by Sheyl Sandberg that really inspired me, and I would really like to share tha with you... "I learned that when life sucks you under, you can kick against the bottom, break the surface, and breathe again. I learned that in the face of the void—or in the face of any challenge—you can choose joy and meaning." I hope this helps!
metallicpoem
I imagine what the empathetic people in my life would feel if I were gone. They would grieve, they would cry, and most importantly they'd wonder what they could have done better. And so I tell them what they could do better rather than disappear.
MyMindscape
Many times continuous failures can cause blocking of our mind. Since we are unable to think, we are unable to reach / find all possible options / solutions for the situation. Best way I feel is to take a break. Breaking away and doing something totally different,.. what we love to do from heart... gives a chance to our mind to refresh. May be then one will have readiness to re-look at situation and very much possible that the person may reach solution quickly.
DanielBy
Always remember that life has bad times and good times, we must rescue all those things that make us feel happy, calm and special, however small things are, go for a walk to the park, enjoy the fresh air, read a book, Listen to music, have everything that makes you feel alive, think positively is of great importance, no matter how bad the situation always try to find a positive side even tiny, everything good has something bad and everything bad has a good side , we must remember that it is we who will forge our way, try to have fun and do those things that you love, do not care what others say, if they talk about you is something, good or bad do not know, what matters is that they know that you exist , and if you know you exist, it's because you're important and you need to start thinking about yourself later in the others.
gongoozlersoup19
This is the time to ask for help. Get connected to a support group. Seek therapy. If you are considering harming yourself, seek more intensive treatment through your hospital. You are worth it!
Inesa707
you being with making a list of things you are good at and your achievements. And if you can't think of anything ask someone close to you for help and look at the list see how much you are good at and how much you've achieved.
Anonymous
If you feel like you've hit a rock bottom and are not worth it anymore, don't give up and rethink how you want to change about the actions you took to get there and get up and try again till you feel like it was worth to take the risk.
Anonymous
Give yourself time and realise it's something every body goes through at some point in their lives. When you are at your lowest it can only get better. Look out for the people and things that matter to you and don't take your life for granted. It'll work out it the end.
Originalsky777
The thing about hitting rock bottom is there's only one way to go and that's back up and remind yourself you are indeed worth it your a good person who's been through a hard time learn from this and be the best version of yourself as possible!
sunshineOcean57
you only get one life. When its done its done and that's the only time when there's no possibility for improvement.
kaisea
Take a breather! Step back and analyze the situation and how is it affecting your life. Talk to somebody about it.
Anonymous
You have definitely made the right first step by coming to 7cups! Anytime I hit rock bottom I look for inspiration. Something that will inspire me to get up and keep going!
Anonymous
Surround yourself with positive people and a positive mind. Speak to others to help you. Speak about your problems, worries and concerns. A problem shared is a problem halved.
Anonymous
This is a symptom of depression. I have found 7 cups very effective because it gives me encouragement. Try looking yourself in the mirror and telling yourself you are beautiful and you are worth it and you can make it through whatever comes your way because you're a strong independent human being and you are worth it.
Anonymous
Everybody has felt this way! Everyone has a different way to counter this feeling. Being useful to others and talking about it and not isolating myself are the two best antidotes for me! The most important thing to do is realize that these feelings are /temporary/! If we fight through them, the sun always comes back out eventually!