What do you do when you have no passion or drive?

Terrence Sawyer, MS Counseling Psychology

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Social disorders counseling social psychology, substance use disorder counsel

GentleBlizzard
I watch videos. I watch videos of really famous people or people who are good at the things I want to be good at.
Anonymous
You could talk to your doctor or friends and family about this you could start exercising or change your eating habits
MarchSand
I think about what I want in life, and what I want to become. And remember that this lack of passion is not forever.
Anonymous
Sometimes feeling like you have no passion or drive can be an indication of burn out. When I'm feeling like this, I like to relax and take some time for myself. Once my head is clear, I can try to approach the situation again.
Joner2016
I sit and think about my life and ask myself "What on earth am I here for?". I also think about my family who has been waiting their whole life seeing me grow up and give me guidance and support.
DaisyTalk
I force myself to get out of bed and make a goal to do one thing that I have been meaning to do. If nothing else gets done but that one thing I will be happy because I accomplished my goal.
HopeLiveDream
For me as a dancer, rejection and lack of passion are regular occurrences. I have found it hard to keep going, have wanted to give up on life but have found ways of dealing with it. I make a list of all the good things I have in my life, think about if I could live without it in my life and then take it one step at a time. A little step back can help you pick up your ambition again.
WaywardRose4309
Find another! There's always a reason to live and fight. Something will calm you down, something will interest you and intrigue Something will just look beautiful and you would like to learn how to do it. Life can be tough, but there's blessings too. We are stuck in our shells, but crack 'em. In pours a rainbow!
Anonymous
We don't need a 'passion' or 'drive' to work our way through anything. What if we were brought up with lies? All along? I think if we can be grateful for what life has brought. The suffering for shaping who we are and pain for allowing us to 'feel' things and the good times for building memories; is there really a 'need' for adrenaline to work through? We can sure be lazy and allow us to be that. Isn't it time we got away from the ideas that the world keep shaping us into? We can be real rather than be someone else's idea of 'perfect'.
KongfuPanda
It's said that you can put the cart in front of the wheels. Basically, you just keep your head down, elbows up, just do it, do something. Small but positive feedback from your action might help provide the "drive". Another way would be to do things you truely enjoy and good at.
Offmytrack
I often lack drive, despite my strong work ethic. When I do, I first check myself; am I physically OK? All the parts are working? OK then, get something done, anything. Do dishes or laundry, sweep the floor, anything to get myself moving. Then I congratulate myself on getting something done.
Elliechans
Sometimes we go through phases where we lose passion for everything. But getting back up and finding that passion can be easier than you think. Searching for things you enjoy or even doing things you may have enjoyed in the past can be a good place to start. But also remember that sometimes things happen naturally and one day you may realise that you’re drive and motivation has come back naturally.
Rasberry90210
I put my camera on and i record until words starts coming out of my mouth- no matter how long it'll take, no matter how i look.
YoureAQueen
Try doing new things, gaining new hobbies and finding and meeting new people and becoming friends with them. Trying new things wont only help you overcome your problem, but it will also reveal your talents and maybe even lead you to success. Believing in yourself would be the first step♡
CLMarshal57
You go out and learn something new. Go learn a new language online. Go out and get a puppy that you adore. Go learn how to skateboard. Go on YouTube, look up Binging With Babish, and cook along with him. Go to a lake/pond/river/whatever and learn how to skip rocks. Go outside and look for a broken branch that is disconnected from a tree. Bring that branch home and learn how to carve. Get some paper and make cute little origami frogs. Put some Bob Ross on, get some paint you have lying around, and just paint along with him. What I'm trying to say, is find something new. You don't have to do something big. Find something that will keep you going. You'll find it. I'm sure of it.
RumpleSteeleSkin
I say say do some hard thinking of what matters to you in life. What are your dreams, hobbies, wishes. Find that passion to again move forward in your daily life. Good luck!
SaturatedSunrise13
There are many aspects and factors that affect your lack of motivation which may make it difficult to fix or deal with. You can recharge this shortage of passion and drive by simply just doing what you love and actually want to do!
Anonymous
Find something that you love and do it. Pick up an old hobby. Make yourself motivated. You can do it!
TiffanyLauren
August 3rd, 2016 6:55am
When I lost those, I come here in 7 cups. This site helps me to be back on my feet by making me realize a lot of things, and also helps me to build up my passion and drive.
kerkyra
I look for something supportive that will help me and/or go to my friends because I know they care about me.
Anonymous
I'll go outside and listen to musics. It helps a lot when you're running out of something that keeps you alive, or maybe I'll go to the art gallery. That would be a good idea.
Anonymous
You could choose to stay in bed, recharge and rest until you feel more energized. However I would recommend getting out and about, go for a walk, listen to music. Spend time with family and try to find the things that make you happy.
Anonymous
I honestly include my religious beliefs into whatever the situation maybe. Search your inner mind your inner will and trust me the "drive" is within. All that is needed is a push from within.
MysticTails2701
I usually listen to music that inspires me in many ways and this gives me hope and passion to get through anything.
KKGunner
I do something that requires little effort, like chores, knitting, or reading, until my drive comes back.
Anonymous
Try to find something that does interest me at that moment. Maybe I have no drive to work on my crafts but reading doesn't sound bad. So I do that.
LeGhost223
When I lose my will, or motivation to do something, I look to the people that still do and list reasons why I should keep pushing forward. Self motivation is a key importance to living a healthy life.
Anonymous
There might be something you can change in your environment(s) to bring that passion back, like a new living location, career, relationship, or circle of friends. Try taking up a hobby from your childhood and then taking up a few hobbies you never thought you'd enjoy anyway. Try a lot of different things, everything, even corny hobbies. It only takes one thing of passion to help us get through our lives.
Patrick701191
When I have no passion or drive, I tend to get pen and paper to write. When I have so much going on in my head that I lose the ability to do anything, getting it out, onto paper, tends to help organize the mess that's in my mind. Writing also invokes passion as I become more and more animated the more I write!
Anonymous
I look back on things that I have successfully achieved in life, anything from completing a gym routine to organising my folders for college and remember the sense of achievement I felt after having completed that task. It is not the scale of the achievement that matters but the sense of success that follows that inspires me to set and try to attain future goals, no matter how seemingly small they may be!