What is my purpose of life?

Jui Shankar, Ph.D

My worldview offers a systems perspective that values diverse clients and their struggles. I believe supportive and nonjudgmental therapeutic relationships empower clients.

Anonymous
Good question. Everybody's different, I can't answer that, because only YOU have that answer. Maybe it'll take time to find it, but it is going to be worth it, and you'll know when it is the ONE.
LadyAnemone
I believe, personally, that the purpose of life is decided by every individual. There isn't only one purpose in life. For instance, I most likely will never, ever, discover something huge like how Benjamin Franklin discovered that lightning is electrical, however, that doesn't mean that I don't have a purpose, it just means it isn't something in the field of science. I don't want it to be. Your purpose could be anything, you just need to set a goal, and work and strive hard to fulfill it. And that is your purpose.
FreeSmiles77
No one can and should tell you your purpose in life, only you can define it and whatever it is it should make you happy .
peacefulHug92
Only you can find that out. It could be something you enjoy, a hobby, a job or a personality trait. Remember you can always connect with a listener to discuss it though! ❤❤❤
Anonymous
That's a personal journey. People will seek their purpose for their whole life, while others may feel they have found their purpose early on. I think it's an emotional and cerebral connection you make at some point.
catmadu
December 3rd, 2019 10:21pm
The purpose of my life is to live as authentically as possible. That may sound cheesy and even 'simple' on the surface, but I've discovered it is actually very tricky! For me, living authentically means progressively coming to see clearly where I hide and stifle myself, and then unlearning these barriers in a compassionate manner. I think of this purpose less as a particular state that I will achieve one day, and more like a process, a long term undertaking and passion project. I'm coming to see more and more that this path means learning one skills in particular, and applying it to many different parts of myself and my world: that is to the skill of loving unconditionally. I hope to see this path one day lead to loving unconditionally not only parts of myself (both pretty, ugly, creative, and traumatic) but also parts of others and parts of the world.
Uffmylife
Your life purpose consists of the central motivating aims of your life—the reasons you get up in the morning. Purpose can guide life decisions, influence behavior, shape goals, offer a sense of direction, and create meaning. For some people, purpose is connected to vocation—meaningful, satisfying work. For others, their purpose lies in their responsibilities to their family or friends. Others seek meaning through spirituality or religious beliefs. Some people may find their purpose clearly expressed in all these aspects of life. Purpose will be unique for everyone; what you identify as your path may be different from others. What’s more, your purpose can actually shift and change throughout life in response to the evolving priorities and fluctuations of your own experiences.