what should a person do if he is feeling sad depressed get over it i know but how?

Elaine Kish, LMSW

My goal is to treat clients with respect and compassion. I am a supportive, strengths-based therapist with experience in treating mood disorders, grief, and trauma.

Anonymous
You should not feel pressured to "get over it". Depression is something that is okay to feel. Contact someone you know and let them know what's going on. Maybe reach out to a therapist or visit 7 cups to talk about how you feel.
Peppens
Talk to the ones you love, your friends, family, or a sibling. Those closest to you can have a much bigger impact than you'd think. Don't hold back, family is always there for you, and not just family, even friends. That's what friends are for :). I went through depression for most of my life, but keeping active, working at my job, and staying in touch with my friends and family has helped me tremendously. I've connected with my friends more than I thought I ever would, and now we are best of friends!
QuirkyAnne
It's good that you recognize that you are down, that's a really good first step and I'm proud of you for that. But depression is a real medical condition that may take some time to heal and 'getting over it' would not be a sufficient word to use for recovery. Recovery is a path that one person must choose(emphasis on choose). It doesn't happen if the person would not want to 'recover'. Also, recovery is not a straight path. It's a difficult, confusing and tiresome journey that may take a loooong time. But, if you decided that you want to choose recovery, that's wonderful. Talking it out really helps. If you're comfortable enough, a therapist is highly recommended. They are trained to help people like us out. But if you don't want to, talking to people here may also help. We have trained listeners that can help and to whom you can vent to. Another one would be to develop a coping mechanism. It is something that you can do whenever you're down to help with the pain. Personally, I like eating dark chocolates, it has happy hormones in it that sometimes helps. And, I also want you to know that you are not alone in this. I know there can be times when you feel like it but there is always a hand that reaches out to you, you just have to take it. Take care and we're happy that you're here.