What should I do if I am feeling suicidal, but don't want to tell anyone?

Portugal

Jennifer Patterson, LMFT, ATR-BC

Art Therapist

Life can be messy. Sometimes you need a little support to make your way through it. I love to help guide people through their challenges & to find the beauty in our messes.

KayyRose
If you're feeling suicidal, you really should speak to someone you trust about it. From experience, I know this will help you. However, if you're not ready to get help from someone else then distract yourself with something you enjoy doing and try to focus on positive memories and opportunities.
DavidPortugal
You should call your country's hotline to get professional support. They always have very well trained persons to deal with this situation.
Quintonmb
The thing you can do if you are feeling suicidal is not to be ashamed of it. Mental illness is not something to hide. The stigma that correlates with mental illness is what needs to change. The best thing you can do is to ask for help from someone you trust. Seeking help can be the bravest task you can perform.
NumberEleven
Write how you feel in a journal, it can help you keep track of how you feel and why you might be feeling this way.
TALK4LOVE
Write down five things you are/have been grateful for. Now take this list and analyze it carefully. Try to go back to each moment in time and process the emotion that came along with this sense of gratitude that you felt.
newyorker00
Think about it over and over again. Think about our precious life being taken away by sadness.... Let us talk to one another.
DepressionSurvivor42
I've been there. What I did, was I broke down these thoughts on paper. I list everything bad in my life that would in return give me a suicidal feeling. I then forced myself to list all the good things in my life. I learned from my counselor how to do this 'list' and why I should. When you have depression or any other mental disability, it disrupts the ability to think clearly. I understand the 'good' and the 'bad' feelings and can determine whether or not I should seek help. If you truly feel suicidal and you do not think you are safe, you need to call the hospital.
Anonymous
Sit in a safe place , do not have any sharp objects at hand and do things you enjoy and try to clear your mind of all bad thoughts.
Anonymous
well first, by asking this question, you are telling "someone" that's step one of calming yourself down. its good. you can call a suicide hotline
exquisiteCreature95
If you are feeling suicidal and don't want to tell anyone you could write done your feeling in a journal, talk to an online therapist without using your real name, or do calming exercises that you can find online.
coolvibes
I would suggest talking to someone on a crisis line they will talk to you for however long you need and they are trained professionals who are used to talking to folks in crisis situations and have tons of patience and are caring. With someone on a crisis line you can go as slow as you need too, just be open and honest and they will help you out the best they can.
ACESiT
In any case, you should probably find someone to help you through this. If you don't want to tell someone close to you, pick up a phone and call a suicide hotline. These are trained professionals who can help you through this. :)
Anonymous
You could try calling a helpline or talking to someone on the internet, it always helped me when I didn't want to talk about it :)
Anonymous
Feeling suicidal is a horrible feeling, believe me I know. But you know what you should try doing? Think about all the people you love and care about. Think about how it will affect them. Think about love.
Anonymous
You should contact a crisis line... Because your safety is very important and yo matter... If you are thinking about suicide please contact a crisis line
AuntieGinger
There are some great organizations that will help you anonymously such as suicide.org and yellowribbon.org. Get in touch with them now.
Nbv6987
Call a hotline. It is anonymous. They will not know who you are or where you are but can give you useful advice.
Supergirl94
1-800-273-TALK (8255) is a suicide hotline you can call and someone will talk with you and help you through it. If you don't want to talk to anyone at all, even strangers. Write down reasons you feel suicidal and reasons you should live, reasons you want to live. Give yourself purpose in life
Here4u2smile
Think about all the positive things in your life. Make a list. Life is not easy but you can't just quit. You need to speak to a professional regarding your condition
SilentSerenityy
You can focus on overcoming your thoughts yourself through self help, meditation etc, although help can be more powerful when someone is there to support you. You don't have to tell someone you know, you could confidentially talk to a listener about your feelings here at 7 cups, we'd love to help you but in the mean time, take a look at suicide.org.
FlairRoads86
Know that keeping it bottled up is only going to make it hurt more. Speaking to listeners like myself on 7cups, consulting suidide hotlines, or a therapist will help you express your true feels to someone you know is there to support you 100%.
frenchiek
The best thing you can do is call a suicide hotline. The conversations are confidential and secure.
orangerosess
tell someone you trust the most. like a doctor. or get help here for encouragement to tell someone because you shouldn't suffer in silence.
HereToHelpYou742
Go online and talk to someone such as the crisis text line who are volunteer crisis counselors. text 741-741 and start the conversation with them
Anonymous
Please don't keep it to yourself. I'm sure there are many many reasons why you would not want to tell someone about your feelings but trust me, in the long run, the decision to keep quiet is going to come back to bite you.
Proportionality
Telling someone is the best form of help out there, keeping it to yourself is a form of building up emotions which can have bad outcomes.
Anonymous
Try to talk to someone you need to tell someone even if its the suicide hotline or your fiend you have to tell someone.
Anonymous
Go to a suicide.org website, they can help a lot. There are lots of links there in 7cups to click on!
Marribrown
I know it's hard. But sometimes crying helps. Or talking to people you don't know. Online. Get things off your chest. Or maybe something you enjoy. Singing.. drawing you can express yourself in different ways
LaughtItOut
If you are feeling suicidal, I please urge you to reach out to someone. It can be a daunting thought to tell someone you know that you feel this way or that you feel depressed at all, due to fear of upsetting them or any other reason. But friends and family are not the only people who can help you. There are plenty of counselling websites online or over the phone. Often speaking to a stranger can be the most comforting thing to do and easy to confide in. I don't know where you live but below are a variety of numbers you can contract at any time, any day and will offer free, confidential advice or simply someone to listen to you. Samaritans: 116 123 (UK and ROI) National Suicide Prevention: 1-800-723-8255 (USA) Lifeline: 13 11 14 (AUS)