What should I do if I am feeling suicidal, but don't want to tell anyone?

Portugal

Jennifer Patterson, LMFT, ATR-BC

Art Therapist

Life can be messy. Sometimes you need a little support to make your way through it. I love to help guide people through their challenges & to find the beauty in our messes.

Nilo1602
Try to keep your mind busy on something, watch a movie, or go out of your house, like if you were running away from that dispair.
Phillestertheangel
I know it's hard, but the easiest thing to do is to tell someone. You could tell your parents, internet friends, best friends, etc. but please tell someone, we want to help you.
hannah221
You have to tell people! like your closest friends or people you trust! Sleeping it for your own isnt good. Speaking and talking about it can help.
ffmedic
Do you have a legitimate plan? Do you feel like you will actually go through with it? If you answered yes, you probably ought talk to someone, and perhaps someone professional. if not and you have had these feelings before and you know its going to pass you need to occupy your mind and your body. Do things. Any things. Read a book, escape and go on a walk around a park, play with your animals, find a new hobby, get back in an old hobby, watch a movie marathon, talk to friends or family you haven't connected with in a while. Go to church, ride a bike, do something as long as it takes, to get your mind off it and feel better. Often times for me I have found that playing a videogame, or binge watching a series on tv, or having a movie marathon will help my subconscious work out the problems on its own and I feel better afterward. You can too, however if you feel worse or start to develop a plan or have made actions, call for help. Even if you don't want to, have someone near you to help keep you safe. You are worth it and you will appreciate having them in the end. :)
GianaG
Call the suicidal hotline in your country/state. You should want to seek for help because it is very dangerous to you and to your loved one.
Anonymous
It's a touchy subject, it really is. I feel that we should always be able to tell somebody how're we're feeling. If you don't want to tell anybody, give a website like suicide.org a read. I'm sure it will help you in one way or another.
AdmirableTree
Write it down and ask yourself all of the reasons why you feel that way. Put them down on paper and ask yourself if this is a temporary problem that you can solve alone. Consider that with another person's help, options that you did not know existed could change your feelings.
Anonymous
Take a deep breath, First you need to realize that you are so important and shouldn't do it, Second you could call the suicide hotline and chat with them about how you feel and still stay anonymous.
Londonkagura21
Breathe. Sometimes taking a deep breath in can drastically change your thought process, think about if it is something you WANT to do.
Anonymous
Well for starters, you should try to divert your attention from whatever is causing such thoughts. Just try to think positive
Anonymous
Thank you for asking this question. There are a lot of online self-help guides you can look into as well as anonymous support groups or group therapy that may meet in your areas. There are anonymous online support chat outlets such as on 7cups.com that are available to you as well if you need to tell someone but want to remain anonymous.
Narby
Even though you may feel like you dont want to talk, talk to the national suicide prevention lifeline or us!
jespinosarenee
I have wanted to commit suicide. I lost my father to suicide two years ago. I know a lot about the topic... I believe suicide is the result of the pain you are going through outweighs the resources to cope with the pain. Find help! Any way you can! You have so many beautiful people to talk to who are more than willing to help you! You can be anonymous if you need to be. There is no shame in that. Work on upping your support and coping methods immediately. You are worth it. You matter. You have infinite worth. You are important. You are enough. It would be an honor for me to help you; you have support. :) Take baby steps, and NEVER GIVE UP
Anonymous
I should phone the suicide hot line straight away. I wouldn't have to tell my family or friends but they would give me advice and help me through my emotions
Anonymous
If you are feeling suicidal you should try and do activities or interests that you have felt have helped in the past. It is best to try and keep yourself and your mind busy. If you want to talk to somebody anonymously chat to a listener on 7 cups or phone the national suicide prevention team..
ThePosea
Well to be honest the first thing you should do is tell someone, because it's quite difficult/impossible to stop feeling suicidal without some kind of help. So the first thing you should do is tell someone, at least someone in the hot lines indicated in this page for example.
calmPanda51
Just take a few deep breaths and remember your parents. You have no right to take your life on your own. Because, your parents brought you in this world.
Anonymous
Definitely call one of the suicide hotlines and make sure that you have someone you trust as backup support.
Anonymous
Tell someone. It's that simple! Having suicidal thoughts may be caused by loneliness. Pick the right person to talk to and you'll get better. That's the best way I know to defeat thought of suicide. :)
Anonymous
October 22nd, 2016 12:36am
hey there please go to 1-800-273-8255 or www.suicide.org i beg you to do it if you need any help just message me :-)
mywhispersscreamed3201
Telling a trustworthy person who can refer you to the right resources is better than waiting for you to choose to end your life. They will be glad you let them help you instead of losing you.
TheIrrationalBuddhist20
Always tell someone, but if you can't bring yourself to do it, try listening to calming music or guided meditation. If that doesn't work, you can call the suicide hotline and they will walk you through the scary feelings.
Anonymous
Look at the situation from the point-of-view of someone who cares for you. Imagine that it's you who have to be in their shoes. How would you help someone you care about who is suffering from these thoughts?
freefromworries
You can reach out to the suicide hotline, or to a crisis text line, that way you can talk about it and get help without anyone knowing your identity.
QuietlyBurningCandle
You need to speak out. I understand it can be difficult to talk to people in your environment, but luckily there are always more anonymous alternatives, usually online. Speak to a 7 cups therapist or call a helpline! Many schools also have psychologists nowadays that are subject to confidentiality rules, but that can get you access to the help you need. There are a lot of options, and although choosing them might seem daunting, it might save your life.
Estreyas
Contacting a specialised hotline could help you if you felt you couldn't talk to a loved one or a friend.
Anonymous
You should think on everything you've done right, and everything you can do right in the future by keeping trying and being yourself.
Anonymous
You should definitely seek professional help be it anonymously or not. It's important to put your safety first. It's also really important to realise your value and how worthy of life you are. Don't let life get you down, keep your esteem up, eat well, sleep well and try hard (even if it means failure), keep your chin up and keep going.
Peter
Try and engage in support online. Try talking to therapist on 7 Cups. It is important to make sure that you are safe, so it is always a good choice to talk to someone in your life you trust. Have a look at help pages and see if you can try and apply them in your life.
AddictWithAPen37
It is understandable that you don't want to tell anyone but talking through your problems with other people is one of the best ways to address them. I have learned through personal experience that to fix a problem regarding your emotions, you need to make sure you fully understand your emotions which can be quite hard to do, Through talking to people I trust about my problems, I have been better able to address them myself. Remember that the person you talk to doesn't necessarily have to be a councilor, just someone you trust such as a friend or parent. To deal with your suicidal thoughts you need to fully understand why you are feeling suicidal and to do that you must talk to someone even though it will be hard at first.